Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this has been touched upon before here but got some specs about the exhaust from Robert Foster. It sounds like a pretty tight setup.

The sound is fully controlable with some baffles that they give you. you can tune each individual pipe to get a unique sound from all 4.

Slip on design, made from close to surgical stainless, guaranteed never to rust or corrode. 5 year warrantee on the pipes.

Adds 5 "useable" HP out of the box. with a 53% weight savings over the stock exhaust. cost is $684 out the door.

Cat eliminator is $94 adding an extra 3 "useable" HP.

8 HP total from both.

Robert said that the more people we get in on one order the deeper the price cut will be. He also said taht if you get them and dont love them he will refund the full price of the pipes and the shipping back to fosterrad. Oh, and he gives free shipping. They are based out of NY.

An interesting side note: Foster said that the FZ6 is a limited production bike awarded to only certain dealers in very small quantities.

I didn't know that.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
im in, if we can get it low enough.

·
Registered
365 Posts
count me in !!! $684 is a bargain, compared to the archive quotes of $900 something...but, the lower the better

I'm actually going to have the tips powder coated black when I get mine

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the lower the better for sure. I'm still strapped out from my new truck and the bike. I think I can still swing it if it gets into the mid 500s.

Oh yeah a couple things I forgot to mention. Robert said that at idle they sound like a v8 but up past 6 grand it sounds like a formula 1. nice.

and maybe the best of all, he said that the design eliminates the seat vibration at 5500 rpm. Thats enough right there to make me want them.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
the seat vibe is great for the ladies

**EDIT**
Can anyone who has this on their bike post all around pics. So, we can get a 360 degree view of them. thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is the free shipping for this deal only. When I ordered my "laser specials", I payed almost 100 in shipping. I love them by the way, awesome sound. He does offer a very good military discount.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Great price. I payed around $775 when they first came out last year. $650 would be even better if you can get enough people for a group buy. That is, if Robert can even make any money selling them so low.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
1) How's the heat coming from this, any better/worse than the stock?
2) How loud is it, any db values to this new design?
3) Do we need a PCom to compensate for this to realize the claimed HP gain?
4) Any increase/decrease in mileage?

[edit] I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm just a :bitchslap like that.

I go on long rides and I just don't want to deal with my ears ringing for days and suffer more than I have to with the seat getting hotter. And I don't want to spend more money on gas the way prices are today. And, the PC will be another expense if it's necessary. Consider me interested and inquisitive.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He mentioned that the shipping was free before I said anything about getting a group to buy. So I'm assuming that he's offering free shipping now. I'd have to check back to make sure though.

segue00 said:
1) How's the heat coming from this, any better/worse than the stock?
2) How loud is it, any db values to this new design?
3) Do we need a PCom to compensate for this to realize the claimed HP gain?
4) Any increase/decrease in mileage?
QUOTE]

I don't have those answers. The only thing I can tell you is what he said about the sound. The exhaust comes with different baffles that you can install. According to him, they start off at street legal and tame to full race with no baffles. He said that the cat eliminator created a deep throaty sound to it.

As far as heat is concerned, he never mentioned anything about it and I didn't ask. But I would assume it would be close to stock or possibly a little less. It's all stainless so I don't think theres a lot that can be done with heat given the possition of our exhaust. I'm just guessing though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
buy them..... You won't regret it!

These pipes exceeded every one of my expectations.
1. very low throaty growl at idle (baffles out of course!) All the shop guys at my dealership were amazed how growly, for a 6!
2. Sweeet wail at wheelie rpm's. I repeat...........SWEEEEEET
3. I have a beach house in Myrtle, lots of retiree neighbors that complain about everything, I come in at 3am, keep the throttle down, pull into the garage, no complaints yet.
4. Forget the baffles, with helmet on it's just a good notch up from stock at commuting rpm's. Get on it and it's sweet but the wind noise is still more of an ear strain than the pipe sound.
5. I think the nicest sound from these is the one NO-ONE ever mentions? The let off crackle-pop-gurgle sound! It makes everyone look.
6. I've got over 24,000 miles on my '04 and I could write a book on all the hilarious compliments I've gotten on the pipes. Everyone wants to know how $$$. At Daytona bike week one European dud asked me if it was an MV Agusta!! Yeah, save 30 grand.
7. Do not pass up these pipes, so different from all the usual out there, that's why I ride the FZ6..............sumpin' diffrn't!
8. Heat is no different with these. I have a girl on the back 80% of the time and I've asked several that have ridden with stock and now these. None have noticed a difference. They are cool enough to touch in about five minutes after shut off.

not complete without eye candy!

Attachments

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics Epee. Thems is some smooth pipes for sure.

Once we get enough people on the order for a nice discount we'll grab those.

I think I'll sell my camera so I don't have to save :) then I can get a bunch of stuff. Thank God for ebay.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool. I think thats 4 so far, including myself. I'm not sure how we would work out the buy. Any suggestions?

Off topic but cool... I went out to shoot some pool at the local pub and when I came out some guy was oogling my bike. Turns out he has an 04' silver. He said he's never seen another in Atlanta until mine. I gave him my card so we could go for a ride but he said he was going to sell it. I should have taken my crad back!

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got off the phone with Robert. Here's the scoop. Our cost for the pipes will be $643.00 and the cat eliminator will be $95.00

He said that will be the cost for us even if only one person buys it. I couldn't nail him down to a price for a 4 unit deal. All he said is that if we have 4 people, he'll look at the price a little closer.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to get a whole lot cheaper than that.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Epee said:
5. I think the nicest sound from these is the one NO-ONE ever mentions? The let off crackle-pop-gurgle sound! It makes everyone look.
+1 I LOVE the sound they make off-throttle... Especially when downshifting and slowing down at a stop light. :banana

I do feel like the seat has become a little warmer. Nothing serious.

Epee, are you running them with or without a cat? If without, do you have a PCIII? I was afraid to do both w/out the PCIII and put the cat back in when I installed the pipes.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
****UPDATE****

Robert called me back about 2 hours ago and said that he gave me the wrong price.

The correct price for us is $609.00 for the exhaust and still $95 for the cat eliminator. Thats a pretty good discount for us.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup... Free shipping.

We just need to figure out how were all going to buy. We'll get a little more off if we buy all together. Then I guess he just drop ships to our different addresses.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ooooo Oooooo !!! You did say Quad? Does it fit with fazr6's FE. I just ordered one. If so, I'm definately in. But I too am not sure about the cat eliminator. Not sure on the Cali laws yet. But you can count me in. :cheers Listened to the sound byte from Laser's web site. I'm droolin

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Damn_Yankee said:
Yup... Free shipping.

We just need to figure out how were all going to buy. We'll get a little more off if we buy all together. Then I guess he just drop ships to our different addresses.

HOLY CRAP THAT'S A GOOD PRICE!!! :2eek

1 - 20 of 182 Posts