Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen this done before but i want to do it now! its where you lean the bike on the kickstand and turn it around. can you do it on the kickstand thats on your bike? or do you need to buy a special one? i tried but it feels like ill drop it! :twofinger

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
LMAO are you serious? you can do it on the regular kickstand. i wouldnt recommend it though, a lot of people drop their bikes while doing it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hahhaha that the first time i heard that

No special kickstand\

just lean it over until the wheels are off the ground
balance it then spin it....piece of cake

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nope, stock kickstand. I do it with both of my bikes. Just stand on the left, reach over the seat and find something to grab onto. Tilt and rotate. Be careful though.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. its funny, i was backing my bike out of the gas station, and all this guy did was turn it around! right there! ive seen this done before but never thought about doin it?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
f2benny said:
Yeah it's great until it snaps off and you are fucked.

WERD!

I wouldn't do it I've done it a few times just fucking around but really I don't think it's ment to hold that much weight at such an angle. You gotta figure a bike on its stand is going to put most of its weight on the tires and not the stand so i dont think there engineered to hold the FULL weight of the bike however I have done it a few time without problems...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
i read about it in a magazine once, they called it the "360 Kickstand Tango" (lame name), so I gave it a try 3 or 4 times. Pretty simple, just be careful about where your holding it and how quickly you spin it at first.

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
i've thought about trying that, but you know them comercials where the guy is on the computer and he says lets take a vacation. then the wife suggest something and he daydreams about the worst thing that could happen during the vacation that she suggested, so then he says "howbout horseback riding" or something like that. well, thats the same thing i get. i start to think of doing it, but then i think that the kickstand is gonna break and the bike is gonna fall on my leg and the bone's gonna be sticking out and......so forget it, im just gonna back it out

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I can do it on friend's bikes. But I think the stand on my SV is too long. Most of my friends stands are shorter.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
No, the stock kickstand will do. I do it myself when I'm feeling lazy, and after the first couple of times, it's pretty easy.

1. Make sure the kickstand is down, in good working order, and you are on a flat, debris-free surface
2. Start on the left side of the bike and grasp the left grip and brake lever
3. Reach over the bike with your right hand and grasp the frame or subframe area (wherever you can get a good grip or your fingers will fit--best place is the bar that's parallel to the rear seat plastics)
4. Brace yourself (prepare your left leg to be the backup pivot point to the kickstand)
5. Lean the weight of the bike slightly against your body, but make sure the majority of the weight is on the kickstand
6. Swing the bike around in one flowing movement as if you were dancing the waltz
7. You did it! :twofinger

Good luck!

·
Registered
725 Posts
It works well in a tight spot... I just hold the bars though, turn it to the right and pull it up and around. If you made a habit of it, I'd change the bolt out at least yearly. Metal parts get weak.

·
Banned
730 Posts
You just get your bike repainted from a wreck and you're asking about spinning your bike on the kickstand?!?! I REFUSE to violate the rules of this site and post insults about your lineage and how it may have led to all of this. That would be wrong. :twofinger

·
Registered
994 Posts
Too much time on your hands?

With all the weight-savings in sport bikes, I don't think they engineer the stand to take that much weight. It could probably do it for a while before breaking off due to metal fatigue. If your in a jam and keep your eye on the stand you could probably notice if it starts to fail and have time to put it down.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah, those stands handle enough stress from constantly holding up 100+ pounds (think 400 lb bike and it's sitting on three points - two tire contact patches + the stand). I wouldn't give it any undue stress. I do remember someone mentioning that they used to spin their bike from time to time and one time the stand did snap. I don't recall, but I believe it caused them to drop the bike. I sure would hate to mess up my fancy sportbike without even being mounted in the saddle.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I wonder how many people have tried this after reading this thread?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts