Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
That test is B.S., it says I'm overweight, being @ 6'5" 242lbs. Very inaccurate test. Muscel weights more than fat.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I'm Government Approved...for now.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ibleedgreen said:
That test is B.S., it says I'm overweight, being 6'5' @ 242. Very inaccurate test. Muscel weights more than fat.
I think that is the point. Those tests and charts have always been way off. When I was lifting heave in college I was considered way overweight by the charts, even though I had a relatively low body fat. I wish they would use a relevant measure.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Max Deutch said:
I think that is the point. Those tests and charts have always been way off. When I was lifting heave in college I was considered way overweight by the charts, even though I had a relatively low body fat. I wish they would use a relevant measure.

Ditto......I'm with ya bro.

But then again the Government thinks they can raise your children better than you.

·
Registered
912 Posts
NO you are fat

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My BMI is 19 and it tells me that I'm to thin, even tho I feel like I need to loose about 5 more pounds... oh well... to each their own...

·
Registered
39 Posts
That chart is way off I'm 5'9" 175 and I lift regularly my tested body mass is 17 and according to the chart I'm at 25. If they're gonna make a chart/calculator make it accurate. Now I'm gonna go starve myself because " I'm so fat, oh nobody loves me because I'm such a slob :a2 " :twofinger

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went through this when i was in the hospital and was working with a dietician. The test is total bullshit. I asked her to explain to me how someone like myself who is 6'2 with a 48 in chest and 36 in waist is supposed to weigh the same as someone who has a 44 in chest. I asked why the test does not take frame or muscle into account. She ignored all my questions and said at 228 lbs I was still considered borderline obese....I had her banned from my room :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
BMI has always been a load. It would be true if muscle didn't weigh more than fat, but as is it's retarded. I'm still clocked between overweight and obese, because I'm 6'0 and 220lbs.....Right....Maybe if I never did squats or deadlifts....or exercised at all....

·
Registered
176 Posts
The chart is a measure of how much length of blood vessels the heart has to pump blood through. The chart is not a measure of fat. Added muscle and fat add blood vessels. This addition of blood vessels is "bad" for the heart. Whether it is muscle or fat, extra weight makes the heart work harder by creating more blood vessels through which the heart has to pump blood. This extra work by your heart is bad for your cardiovascular health and stresses the cardiovascular system. That is why weight (regardless of whether it is muscle or fat) is a factor in good health.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Extra/too many blood vessels doesn't come to mind with the word obese. Not enough blood vessels doesn't come to mind with the word too skinny either. Heart condition; maybe.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Its always been bullshit. But oddly enough I feel like I shoulder lose about 10-15 pounds and Im 6"2 at 180. Roffle waffle. Then again I have alot of muscle but a very thing layer of fat over ALL of it so it drive sme fucking nuts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts