Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01-02 Yamaha R6 batteries soon to be recalled due to an overwhelming amount of R6's being brought in with battery acid leaks causing damage to the swing arm. Was cleaning my bike today and I rememberd my buddy telling me about the problem he had with his a couple of months ago. Low and behold my battery is currently leaking battery acid. So I called the local dealership and up here in Daytona they have received 100 R6's from 01-02 body style with the same problem. Yamaha asked the dealership to take pictures of the damage, send it to them, and they will send the parts and pay for the dealership to fix it for free. My bikes going in tomorrow to be looked at and have the pictures taken, we shall wee what happens from there...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had an 02 r6 and mine did the same thing with the battery and all, i took it back to Barneys in ST. Pete and they never gave a problem they replaced everything battery, rear sprocket, swing arm, even the shock assembly so I had all brand new stuff and they covered it all under warrenty..

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far just my shock assembly has been damaged, Jim Walkers said to get it in there quick b/c the swing arm is next to be damaged...

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got my bike in to the shop, Yamaha said that my shock assembly has to be damaged enough to the point where it doesn't work or they will not replace it. Sooo my shock assembly has holes burned through it, but b/c the bike is still running they won't replace that. However, they are giving me a free batterty (whoopty doo). I don't even want to know how much a shock assembly costs so I'm thinking I might just leave the battery in there until its breaks the damn thing so I don't have to pay for a gd factory problem that they won't recall...

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Call yamaha..... If the motorcycle industry is anything like the car industry (that I'm in) You can usually call corporate and get them to at least goodwill the shock assembly. Just stay calm and polite about it. Be persistant though. I coach all my friends through things like this. Just got one fo my friends a $500 altenator job on their nissan covered for free. It was more than a year out of warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts