Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
yeah you think it is funny untill a 3000cc 23hp harley rolls up to you at the stoplight and revs up his powerful motor in his 1200lb hog and as he pulls away his HD screaming eagle tassles flap around in your face and blind you so you can not see the oil spot he left behind and you ride through it and crash.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I hope Triumph has sense enough to leverage this advertising opportunity.....

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh this made my day. I hate Harley riders.
I was told today because I ride a Sport bike that I don't know how to ride. I told the person I had been riding for 43 years, (rode one Harley in that time and was not impressed, well it was a tad faster than the old Cushman scooter I started out on, but not much) gosh I guess if you throw a leg over a Harley you instantly are a seasoned rider.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I don't necessarily "hate" harleys. I just hate the "harley image." being that Im around the Milwaukee area HD is a bid deal...and it's annoying. When they had their 110th Anniversary thingy going on I just didn't even bother leaving my house that weekend.

·
Short Yellow bus rider
223 Posts
Oh this made my day. I hate Harley riders.
I was told today because I ride a Sport bike that I don't know how to ride. I told the person I had been riding for 43 years, (rode one Harley in that time and was not impressed, well it was a tad faster than the old Cushman scooter I started out on, but not much) gosh I guess if you throw a leg over a Harley you instantly are a seasoned rider.
You ride a girly bike after all ... ;-)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't necessarily "hate" harleys. I just hate the "harley image." being that Im around the Milwaukee area HD is a bid deal...and it's annoying. When they had their 110th Anniversary thingy going on I just didn't even bother leaving my house that weekend.
Yeah that is what I was implying, when you say you hate something like a "Harley rider" you are not actually saying you hate the person per say, just the persona.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My friend who rides a Harley and works at Harley is totally faithful to the company. He posted something on instagram of his Harley next to a Suzuki sport bike and said "Get a real bike". I know him well enough to not take it personally because he's nice to me, but I just know he's very faithful to the Harley brand. But I do feel that rivarly, like you have to choose sides because I only see that wave of acknowledgement from other sport bike riders. Before I bought the Ninja 650, I wasn't sure if the guys on the real super sport bikes would acknowledge commuter sport bikes, but it seems they do and still think you're one of them. Only acknowledgement I got from a Harley was from a woman passenger riding a Harley, giving a wave.

My friend's dad bought a used Harley SoftTail and doesn't ride it anymore after he got a Tesla. I assumed he bought it because of the Harley image, he said he didn't do the MSF course or have his M-license. I assumed he lost interest because he went after the bike bike image, but didn't realize these bikes are harder to ride if you're doing local riding. Also he wouldn't go on the freeway, but this is the type of bike built for highway riding. If I were him and had to choose a Harley, I would choose the FatBob because it's one of the Harleys that feels like a sports bike.

But I really hate the Harleys with the super loud pipes because two of them went into a parking garage to purposely make a ton of noise and set off car alarms. I dunno what the point of that was, but they looked like 40 year old guys doing stuff bored teenagers would think of.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
If I were him and had to choose a Harley, I would choose the FatBob because it's one of the Harleys that feels like a sports bike.
Wait, what?

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Riding a Harley can be fun. You can drag hard parts and make sparks turning from one street to another at sane speeds. Try making the pedestrians on the corner jump like that on a sportbike and you would have to be going about 50 mph faster. It's the most effective safe, low speed way to be a completely irresponsible squid that I know.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Riding a Harley can be fun. You can drag hard parts and make sparks turning from one street to another at sane speeds. Try making the pedestrians on the corner jump like that on a sportbike and you would have to be going about 50 mph faster. It's the most effective safe, low speed way to be a completely irresponsible squid that I know.

Yeah nothing says fun like a bike with no lean angle.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
You have to be able to adapt and find your fun where it is. If you expect a Harley to be fun in the same way as a sportbike, you just aren't looking in the right place. There's also some joy in riding a Harley wearing a textile touring suit and plain white full face helmet. And racing gloves. The usual Harley riders give you some odd looks. Nobody else notices.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts