·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Honda Honda Honda.....:facepalm

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
This should enthrall Akira fans worldwide. :D

Seriously, though, I give Honda props for building stuff that's different, that moves the boundaries, that advances the technology. It's why I have a definite preference for Honda, among the Japanese manufacturers. (That, and a longstanding and consistent commitment to quality that's just a step higher than anyone else's.)

Yamaha and Suzuki and Kawasaki all make fine enough bikes, but everything they make fits into the established slots -- check all the boxes. No surprises. New features now and then, but nothing that really changes the game any.

Honda keeps most of those boxes checked as well, but it's Honda that adds to that list, who builds some really weird shit now and then, both aesthetically and functionally, who puts new technology into production. And this weird-ass bike you cite is a good example. No one else has a bike with a DCT, and that's a significant addition to the tech.

PhilB

Reactions: Shamrock627

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This bike is a good idea IMO... if, unlike the DN-01, it is well executed. My father (who has a big ol' victory vision) would be in the target market for a bike like this. He currently uses me mum's Burgman 400 scooter for going to work, since his Vision is a little unwieldy navigating downtown streets. He's looking at replacing the Burg with a new bmw or aprilia scooter, but something like the NM-04 might be more up his alley.

The styling will obviously be polarizing, but I also like the akira-esque look haha. It's much better than the DN-01 that looked like a catfish mixed with a sailboat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts