Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody's flooding the boards with spam, some are post that just duplicate what others have posted legitimately and others blatantly advertise for some crappy (assumed, im not opening that link) site with broken engrish.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
We know.

Trust me, for every one you see, I've deleted/banned like 6 of them. The whole captcha system (the letters you have to enter to prove you are a human) has recently been defeated/hacked or something. A ton of websites are dealing with this right now.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Tell me about it. It seems like almost every thread I open lately I see a spammer that needs to be banned.

The best thing people can do is if you see a post with gibberish or where they have copied and pasted an earlier post followed by a link or broken link or broken pictures is to hit the red triangle on the left side under their username and report the post as spam. That way us mods will see it when we log in and can wipe out their account.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yeah, the problem when you try to install custom scripts and code and stuff on a site this large is that sometimes it messes up other aspects of things. The admins have assured me they are coming up with something. We'll see what it is.

·
Administrator
446 Posts
Thanks for the reports again guys. We are working on getting another anti-spam plugin installed on the site. Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts