Sport Bikes banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
didnt do much for the Forth, I made it to the track again today, May go again tuesday will see whats going on. Zed couldnt make it but I did a few laps for him too wooo hoooo.

yer really missing out adam, but its ok, I will make some laps for you tuesday as well :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hahha, no worries, I'll make it up there and make some laps of my own some day. What direction is it out of Missoula? I've been looking for it on Google Earth but can't find it. Do you ride your bike up there or trailer it?

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
:) I dono why but its not on google earth. Been trying to find it myself. Its tricky if you dont know to look for it you would never know where it was.

I have been riding my bike over. Makes for a long day to be honest but soooo worth it.

Hopefully I will have a track only bike by this fall woo hoo.

·
Registered
762 Posts
A bike dedicated to the track would be awesome. If I am able to start going to it regularly I wouldn't mind turning my 650 into a track bike and getting something else.

I bet it is a long day when you get home after ripping around a track and then riding a few hours home.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Its getting easier as my body gets used to it, the first time, whoa I was beat. But I also didnt get home untell after 10 so that didnt help. Yesterday I spent the vast majority of the five hours on the track (usually spend some time bullshitting) So I was able to do alot more laps before I would get tired and have to come in. comming home wasnt to bad at all. It really has helped my confidence level alot. '
Main thing is I can push it more if IM on a bike I dont have to worry about wrecking. So looking for a beat up SV or bike like yours preferably. Actually anything would be allright but next year I want to race and the class with the Vtwins doesnt cost nearly as much to compete in apparently.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love a dedicated track bike. Just don't have the money to even think about it.

Plus, I want a sport touring bike like the Kawasaki Concours 14 so I can take my wife on some longer rides.

I also want a cruiser so I can just putz around town.

Also, I'd like a sweet naked hooligan bike like an Aprilia Tuono.

Also, I want a Red Ryder BB gun, and a toy rocket and a new baseball glove and, and, and ...

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
lol not me, I am happy with what I got, just want a differnt tool for the track.

Does your wife go with you now?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, she rides with me sometimes. The problem is that it's a small bike and we both don't fit on it very well. It's not much fun.

Oh, and NEVER order from morepowerracing.com. Those fuckers completely screwed up my order. My suit hasn't been shipped, they never contacted me and it's out of stock now. Oh, but they made sure to charge the credit card.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
jesus. that friggin sucks ass. Tell them you want a refund and order from somewhere else. Or just call your credit card company and have it cancled, thats bullshit.
Couple links for ya, I have have ordered from both, the first unfortunatly isnt the quickest shipping but it gets there.
AGV Sport Pilot 2-Piece Race Suits Apparel: Men’s Street: Suits: Competition Accessories

AGV leathers, leather motorcycle apparel, leather racing suit, leather motorcycle pants

May be your lucky day though,

Found hte teknic suit in size 46 for just over 250 Teknic Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

And new enough has them for 275 instock!!!
Have heard good things about newenough.
Teknic Chicane Two Piece Motorcycle Race Suit :: New Enough, LTD

·
Registered
762 Posts
So they have actual races on that track? Sounds like Zed has quite the list of motorcycles to get! The Tuono is sexy. The closest Aprillia dealer is Idaho I think. If I got a Sport Touring bike I'd look at the Yamaha FJR or the Concours. Don't have to look at those for years though:D.

I can't imagine two people on a Z1000. That back seat is like the size of a cell phone!

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
No actual races, but you can pass. Never looked at the rear seat on the Z.

salt lake and spokane are the two closest places for actual races.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I decided to not get the AGV suit. I went with a Cortech leather jacket, and will buy the matching pants later.

This is the jacket I got: (silver color) Cortech by Tour Master Impulse II Leather Motorcycle Jacket :: New Enough, LTD

I like Tourmaster/Cortech stuff. I have the Tourmaster Caliber textile pants: Tour Master :: Textile Pants :: Caliber Pant

So these will work well for the track in Missoula.
When/if I get to an official track day, I'll buy these leather pants: Tour Master :: Leather Pants :: Apex Air Leather Pants

I decided I'd rather have some all-around stuff that will work for the track, instead of dedicated track stuff that I would make work for everyday riding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, the Z1000 passenger seat is very small. There's not enough room so the passenger keeps sliding forward, which means your nuts get smooshed on the tank. :cry

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Pfftt then you just put forth the (honey, my lower extrematies need extra attention do to you pressing on me and hurting them)

I almost bought the Cortech Python leather jacket before but after talking to a few people decided the hump would not work with my no neck as the helmet would hit on it.

So as not to have dedicated thats why ya get the two piece :). I wear my jacket all the time without my pants.
this combination should work well for ya.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I almost pulled the tr***** on the AGV suit. But I've got Cortech stuff before and know that I like it. I just like the all-year capabilities and all the pockets on the touring gear. Plus, the Cortech jacket will zip to my current pants, so I saved myself about $80 bucks.

Oh, and I did some checking on the current sales on the Teknic Chicane suits that several companies are having. According to newenough.com, the current run of suits were cut too short, so they don't match up to the sizing guidelines. Newenough put out their own revised sizing chart and say that taller people won't fit in the current crop of Chicane gear. Anway, that's why they are selling it at such discounted rates : (

That's the one I was going to get. Oh well, I'll be fine with the Cortech.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Well I really like the cortech Items that I have, definatly would put them forth with quality. The gloves however Im not sure I can say that with, they are starting to fray over the padding. Nothing to concerning just irritates me as I have only had them a year.

Hope it works for ya, and yup, good job on getting a jacket that will zip to your current pants. ready to rock N roll by next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
one more

Hi guys I'm so pumped to see some mt riders, I'm new to the site and new to sportbikes. I would love to find people to ride with and some new places to ride. Man I about started jumping up and down when you guys said there is a track here in montana! what does it take to get on a track? The feeling of being on a track must be one of a kind. I am so glad to see you guys talking about wearing gear, I catch allot of shit from people for haveing an armored coat. I still want some pants with armor. Well I hope to chat with you guys and go for a ride.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Hey MTspeed welcome to the site and I may still go do a track day in salt lake this fall if your interested lemme know. Havnt looked to see when it closes for the year.
Need full leathers and have to safety wire your bike.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts