Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for people to ride with in the Southwest Montana area.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Live in Livingston, we could go ridin once it thaws out a little if ya want. I don't see anyone that has a sportbike around my town.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya sounds good, How do you like the 650 R?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like it a lot. It's my first street bike so I would probably like just about anything. Took it through Oregon, California, then up to Seattle this summer and it was awesome. Don't see many of them around here.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
holy cow thats some riding, I take that it was comfortable?

I thought about buying one but I bought that ninja 250 instead, of course was bored of it and bought hte 636.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah, it was comfortable. My butt was on fire even with an airhawk strapped on my seat, but other than that I was good to go.

I hear the 250 is fun, but people do out grow it fast. I'm going to upgrade to a Z1000 or Speed Triple next year hopefully. Do you like your 636?

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love my 636, plenty of power, comfy on the highway, (could use a different seat by the end of summer though). in all honesty its probably the perfect bike for me. I dream of b***** and badder, but no real point in something more.
the 250 would have been fine was awesome riding it in vegas, flicking it thru traffic is a pleasure, its so light. I sold it becouse of the freeway power was not there, so cruising along at 80 I went to pass it took all day.
it sucked hauling someone else on the back as well.
I just needed more of a bike, I had to much experience for that (have been riding since I was six).

have you rode your bike at all this winter, or did you just put it up?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I put my bike up in October I think. That way I wouldn't be tempted to take it out when there was some pavement poking through the ice. I wish summer would get here already.

My friend is trying to sell his 636 and it is exactly like yours except he polished his frame. I like the black on orange better. What brought you from Vegas to Montana?

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im from Montana, born and Raised in Opportunity (by Anaconda). But I work in Vegas on occassion.

your bikes a pretty kick ass bike, how come your looking to upgrade?
Personally I like the looks of naked bikes but not sure I would buy one, I really like having the protection of a fairing, I dont miss the wind tearing at me and when its raining fairings just make life soooooo manageable.
R you considering your buddies 636?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like the look of naked bikes too. That's the main reason I am looking to upgrade. I love the looks of the Speed Triple. I've never ridden one without a fairing so I am concerned about the wind ripping on my head and chest all day long. Have you ever ridden a naked bike on the highway?

I really am looking at my friends 636. It's an 04 with around 3000 miles. All he has used it for is cruising around town pretty much. I'll have to take it for a spin this summer and see what it's like. It sounds wicked.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I rode a Virago 750 for abouit 12 years, Was a cruiser and no windshield for about 10 of those yars (the last ten go figure). I was used to the wind so it didnt bother me so much as your used to it. It wasnt untell after I bought my first ninja that I realized how much more pleasant it was, to have a fairing.
Things you will notice without a fairing.
The wind of course especially when passing a semi.
more bugs slappin on ya.
and of course the weather.
My buddy bought a suzuki boulavard cruiser this summer, I rode it home for him, lol I hated the way the wind blew me around.
THats not to say it may be a bit different on a naked sports bike, but thats just what I notice.
You wont be disapointed in the 636.
How come your friend is selling it?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey man, sorry I forgot to keep checkin this thread. I'm not used to anyone postin in here! Anyway, my friend is sellin his 636 because he has two kids and his wife is crackin the whip on him kinda :) It has a Yoshi pipe, and Power Commander on it.
I need to find someone with a naked bike that will let me take it for a spin. I would hate to go buy a new bike and hate it because I don't have a fairing. Maybe the dealers will let me test drive one....

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speed triple has always been a dream bike, love the way they look, you may want to look at the "street triple" the 675 version woo hoo.
eather one are nice looking bikes I doubt you would be disapointed with.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The street triple is a really cool bike but I'm in love with the single sided swing arm on the Speed Triple. I guess when I finally get to the Missoula Triumph dealer hopefully they will have both so I can compare. Have you ever been to that dealer? I haven't and was just wondering if it was a big place or a hole in the wall.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually yes I have been there, he has a pretty good selection of bikes. I was just there last week But I do not remember if he had a triple there or not. I was looking for gear when I was there this time around.
will you keep yoru bike, trade it in, or sell it?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Cool, I'm glad I found someone that knows what it's like. Everybody else I've talked to has never been there. I'm going to try and sell it myself when the season gets closer and the market picks up again.
What gear were you looking at?

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking at a little bit of everything. Mostly boots, which I ended up Picking up at redline sports in Butte, insane buy, Picked up a pair of Alpinestar Stage boots (gortex all leather waterproof) for 24 dollars before christmas, went back two days ago and picked up a set of Alpinestars S-mx3 boots for 110 woo hoo.

The rest of my gear is synthetic, and I would like to pick up a good leather jacket and pants. I would like to try to go to spokane and do a couple of track days this year.
Whatta you wear?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Missoula Triumph Dealer...

Hey guys, I am from Missoula and actually work at Mike Tingley's.... At the moment there aren't any Speed Triples on the floor. There should be a few coming in, because they sold like crazy last year. Maybe even one in a crate right now. I can check if you want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey man, sorry I forgot to keep checkin this thread. I'm not used to anyone postin in here! Anyway, my friend is sellin his 636 because he has two kids and his wife is crackin the whip on him kinda :) It has a Yoshi pipe, and Power Commander on it.
I need to find someone with a naked bike that will let me take it for a spin. I would hate to go buy a new bike and hate it because I don't have a fairing. Maybe the dealers will let me test drive one....
Wow, was lurking in the forums and stumbled in here. Anyway, adambomber, I have a 2005 Z1000. AND ... I live in Helena. Once the snow clears, I wouldn't mind taking a ride down there, maybe let you take it for a spin. I still have a few friends in Livingston/Bozeman, so I wouldn't mind going down there.

I actually graduated from Park High, too. Not a big fan of Livingston though. Lot's of sour memories.

Anyway, send me a pm or post in this thread. I'll check periodically.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Holy shit, other people from the state actually trickling in. cool.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts