Sport Bikes banner

1941 - 1960 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Drag strip racing, both bikes and cars. Guess I should have clarified that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure about Illinois, but in MO Fines are defined on a county, by county basis!
In Missouri fines can be determined by the municipality, If its a city speeding violation the city determines the fine. In Illinois the speeding fine is set by state statute. I only know this because I have been a police officer in Missouri and now in Illinois

·
Registered
623 Posts
so this will make it faster, slower, or will it just stay the same with better fuel mileage. i don't know much about up and down on the sprockets. i know if you go b***** it will wheelie, but it's a lot slower so piss on that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
so this will make it faster, slower, or will it just stay the same with better fuel mileage. i don't know much about up and down on the sprockets. i know if you go b***** it will wheelie, but it's a lot slower so piss on that.

It will have alot better excelleration, but lose a little top-end.......which is ok, cause I don't plan on going 150mph anywho! Its like putting a lower rearend gears in a car.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
When I did it on my GSXR, I only dropped a couple mpg....
I have a rear sprocket (Vortex) that will go up two teeth. I haven't put it on the bike yet. What will it change???

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just a heads-up on the Sikeston drag strip. Apparently, the tower got struck by lightning and they have cancelled all runs until the tower is fixed. Hope to see you next time!

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
should have posted this sooner, but i have been busy.

i am not organizing the route, the Victory Motorcycle Club is responsible for it.

hope some of you can make it.

Attachments

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I assume many of you will be off work on 3 Jul (as I will) and would like to organize a ride. Another trip out towards Piedmont leaving fairly early Friday morning (8 AM?) is what I am thinking. Thoughts and suggestions will be considered. Anyone???

Regardless of what happens, I will be going even if it is solo.
Anyone else going to go???? Iroc, myself and possibly 99 are the only ones committed at this point.

Going once, going twice.....

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
i might be up for friday
Bring a swimsuit and money. We'll head over to the Van Buren area and do some swimming in the river to cool off.

Should be a good time!

·
Registered
241 Posts
i have pics, i just need my windscreen bolts (there coming from chicago now) and new rear tire (Slim is working on that) and for the ride on friday, im just going to strap the speedo to the bars. then over the weekend, make a couple of trip to lowes for parts. tell me wat ya think?

Attachments

1941 - 1960 of 4460 Posts