Sport Bikes banner

4381 - 4400 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds fun. I plan on being there :p

tho I won't be riding. lol. The GF and I are going to cape Saturday, since I have a few things I need to get from Weiser's.

If anyone wants to hang out with a couple of cool COLLEGE (<-Note for Danny) kids, feel free to shoot me a text or call. Other than a trip to weiser's, we don't have any other plans. lol

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Jim, how are you?

I can't wait till spring either! lol

I just got my frame sliders in today :) but the color is way off from what I was expecting :( Sent the seller a message, hoping to get it sorted out, and exchange them for a different set, along with buying some spool sliders, and bar ends :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
hhhellloooooo Jim.

If anyone would be interested in going sking/snowboarding sometime up at Hidden Valley let me know. I'm ready and itching to go!!!!

Hidden Valley :: Home Page - Hidden Valley
I gotta say, snowboarding looks like a ton of fun! But I don't think I can spare the money right now. What does it usually cost for a trip, ~$175?
$72 pass with rental equipment
$15-25 lesson for newbs
~$45 in gas
~25 food and other expenses.

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
You don't need lessons, they can't teach you how to fall any quicker. :) Food, your gonna eat that day anyway. We take a cooler. Gas, a few people to a car and split it up.

Yes the lift ticket/ski or board rental is steep. I'll admit that. I have my own boards and forget about how much the cost is. They keep raising it each year. I used to buy a season pass back when I was single...

Yep, it isn;t cheap, but I just chalk it up to having a good time and not worry about it. Now, saying that, the first time you try it can be a bitch. I ran out of cus words my first time, but the next day I bought a board & binding because I knew I was going to be going back a lot!

I forgot to add...
there is no charge to ride in the sled that they pull behind the EMS ski patrol snowmobile. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i have to post something since no one has said a word on here in one mounth. i have a new 2010 yzf r1 that is white and red till eather dru or squirrel help me out withthe red issue i have. i want the red r1 to be blue to match the new levers and tank pad i have ordered to put on white power. this is what tj calls my bike lol.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Glen, you should update your avatar, and post pics!!! I still haven't seen actual pics of it yet.

On a side note, I can't wait to get back out and ride with everyone. Just waiting until its not going drop back down to frigid temps, then I'll put full coverage back on the bike and ride to cape almost every weekend. :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
i am gitting rid of the red on the bike. i hate red in a big way so the bike will be black, blue, and white. sorry if i didn't say it better so this should fix the problem. i will post pics after all the new parts come in in about 2 to 3 weeks i think.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.

You better ride that thing this year! :p

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
i got some bad news for everyone ......

i was talkin to glen today and he said " i cant get rid of the r1"
then he said "it has alot of power"

so im sad to say he will be gettin rid of the r1 very soon ....cause he told me the same thing for the last 3 bikes now :(

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
i got some bad news for everyone ......

i was talkin to glen today and he said " i cant get rid of the r1"
then he said "it has alot of power"

so im sad to say he will be gettin rid of the r1 very soon ....cause he told me the same thing for the last 3 bikes now :(
Bwahahahahaha

That makes me laugh. I am in New Smyrna Florida right now. Bike week in full swing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well I'm in the process of moving back to House Springs. I got a very good job at FedEx in St. Louis. Very glad to be moving back.

·
Registered
623 Posts
great to hear it buddy. i know you were trying to find something closer to home. whats your new job. will you be loading trucks or running a route or are you in the office side of things. hope to ride withyou soon.you still have your 650 or something else now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'll be running a Ground route at Scott AFB. I was driving for FedEx home delivery in Springfield so its a smooth transition with a nice bump in pay. I still have the ninja. Hoping to upgrade eventually but I love that bike after all I've been through on it.

4381 - 4400 of 4460 Posts