Sport Bikes banner

4161 - 4180 of 4460 Posts

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,161 (Edited)
take my bike where?

thats cheep. is slim going to put them on or are you going down to suzuki to let them do it. if you do take your old tires and save your self 10 bucks. they charge you to haul your old ones off. i will throw them away at work.
no not going to take my bike to suzuki.:pisson yeah i'm going to have slim do it.
i'll just toss the tires on the trailer at work for the fall trip to the dump. that or a dumpster.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ikr?

And anyone up for a ride this weekend?

Oh, and it looks like I'm going to need a new rear tire in the next month or two I think. So gonna start shopping around and will probably buy this one online, since I just got the Dunlop q2 for the front, would it be best to stick with a q2 for the rear? Or would the handling be the same with a piolet road 2?

·
Registered
623 Posts
i don't like to run miss match tires, but other people have no problems with it so it's just a personal choice and i will try to run a matched set just because i'm wierd like that. if my bike gets loose i want to know witch tire is causing the problem and if they are both the same kind it makes it a lot easier to know witch one sucks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok, thanks guys. I was just worried if the different tires would feel weird, or still handle great.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So, after a short ride today, I checked my rear tire again, and it looks like I might need to replace it sooner than I was thinking.

I admit, I'm a little disappointed the center is wore down so far, because it looks like the sides still have a lot of tread left...

and lastly, this concerns me, While corning today, it felt like my rear tire was "hopping" around a lot, like the road was really uneven... but I ride those roads all the time and haven't noticed it before... after looking at my tire, I noticed the wear different.

The left side is to the front of the bike, and the right side is to the rear. Notice how the tread is quite uneven.

you can notice it more in person, especially if you run your hand across it.. its like that all the way around the tire on both sides.... what causes that?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks slim, great info there. :) Guess its nothing to worry about then.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
according to ur pics u posted u still have some life in that tire ...just stay local with it to be safe :)

the white arrows point to ur "wear marks" it seems if u stay local u can steal a couple hundred miles

·
Registered
326 Posts
OK, that's good news then.

Now I'm debating on going to cape Saturday or not... I'm hoping my friend can sell his ps3 soon, because he's going to use that money to buy my old Chinese bike, which means a new rear tire, and frame sliders for me :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
OK, ranting just a bit... I contacted State Farm yesterday, since they seem to always be recommended for sport bike insurance, but you have to have a car on your policy, and currently, its just my ninja...(my '03 stang is insured with the family atm) Well, I found a '66 Mustang that I like, and might be able to acquire, so I thought I'd check out state farm.

'07 Ninja 650r, $500 deduct (they said they couldn't do a 250 deduct?)
'66 Mustang, $500 deduct
'03 Mustang (V6) $500 deduct

19yo kid, perfect driving history, had motorcycle insurance for past 6mo. and has mc endorsement.
$301 a month.... wtf?

Ok, so drop the '03, I'll keep it insured with the family...
'07 Ninja 650r, $500 deduct
'66 Stang, $500 deduct
$189 month.... turns out, they want $109 for the Ninja, the stang is only $80, I asked...

I pay $109/mo with progressive, and they knew I insure the bike with progressive... are they just trying to rip me off because they know I already pay that much, or what? because that doesn't sound like State Farm has cheap mc insurance!

ok... end rant :p

Edit: ok, after thinking about it, the car insurance is actually a pretty good rate, but the bike was higher than I was expecting. Still reasonable I guess tho, since it's what I'm paying now. But I'm going to shop around some more to see if I can find some better rates.

I was hoping I could add that '66 mustang, and the bike INS would drop enough to cover the additional cost.... Sounds kinda unrealistic now that I think about it tho. Lol

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
OK, ranting just a bit... I contacted State Farm yesterday, since they seem to always be recommended for sport bike insurance, but you have to have a car on your policy, and currently, its just my ninja...(my '03 stang is insured with the family atm) Well, I found a '66 Mustang that I like, and might be able to acquire, so I thought I'd check out state farm.

'07 Ninja 650r, $500 deduct (they said they couldn't do a 250 deduct?)
'66 Mustang, $500 deduct
'03 Mustang (V6) $500 deduct

19yo kid, perfect driving history, had motorcycle insurance for past 6mo. and has mc endorsement.
$301 a month.... wtf?

Ok, so drop the '03, I'll keep it insured with the family...
'07 Ninja 650r, $500 deduct
'66 Stang, $500 deduct
$189 month.... turns out, they want $109 for the Ninja, the stang is only $80, I asked...

I pay $109/mo with progressive, and they knew I insure the bike with progressive... are they just trying to rip me off because they know I already pay that much, or what? because that doesn't sound like State Farm has cheap mc insurance!

ok... end rant :p

Edit: ok, after thinking about it, the car insurance is actually a pretty good rate, but the bike was higher than I was expecting. Still reasonable I guess tho, since it's what I'm paying now. But I'm going to shop around some more to see if I can find some better rates.

I was hoping I could add that '66 mustang, and the bike INS would drop enough to cover the additional cost.... Sounds kinda unrealistic now that I think about it tho. Lol
You are 19 and an unmarried male. It is as simple as that. You are a high risk individual to an insurance company.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
yep once you're married and turn 25 your rates will plumit(<--spelling?) anyways they will drop dramatically

i did both in the same month and my rates on my car for full coverage dropped from $150 a mon to $150 every 6 months

·
Registered
623 Posts
my ass is sore from my 1577 mile in 27 hour ironbutt ride. maybe next time i will try the monkey butt powder that i have been reading about on a lot of forms.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
I am sore too. Currently in the middle of Kansas on my way home from riding the Pacific Coast Highway (highway 1) from Ventura, CA to San Francisco.

I am about 4,500 miles in, and about 450 to go.

·
Registered
326 Posts
seems like an awesome journey tho.

glen, where did you ride to?

BTW, gonna call Wieser's tomorrow and see about ordering some frame sliders, and if they can do a rear tire change for me Saturday morning.

Hopefully they have a Dunlop Q2, or a Pilot in stock for my bike.
(what is the difference in the pilot road, and pilot power?)

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,179
difference?

seems like an awesome journey tho.

glen, where did you ride to?

BTW, gonna call Wieser's tomorrow and see about ordering some frame sliders, and if they can do a rear tire change for me Saturday morning.

Hopefully they have a Dunlop Q2, or a Pilot in stock for my bike.
(what is the difference in the pilot road, and pilot power?)

the pilot road is a sport touring tire that last about twice as long as a pilot power. the pilot power is a sticky street/track tire

here's a link to the web site that will get you more info.

i ran the pilot roads with no trouble. i just put on a set of pilot road 2 ct's and they seem nice so far.

Michelin Motorcycle Tires

Michelin Motorcycle Tires

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds like the Pilot Road 2ct is the way to go for me. Thanks for the links. Also found this chart in the links that I found helpful.

4161 - 4180 of 4460 Posts