Sport Bikes banner

3981 - 4000 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Krid, while I definitely do appreciate the sentiment, its most certainly not something to be sorry for. It's only a failure if you fail to learn something from the experience, and believe me... I learned plenty!

As far as dealers go, I don't think Festus would be too far. Do you guys happen to post your inventory on the web?

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Krid, while I definitely do appreciate the sentiment, its most certainly not something to be sorry for. It's only a failure if you fail to learn something from the experience, and believe me... I learned plenty!

As far as dealers go, I don't think Festus would be too far. Do you guys happen to post your inventory on the web?
Festus, Missouri, Polaris, Tomberlin, Victory, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility-Vehicles, Watercraft, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

not everything is online though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well me and drur looked at my tires today and i think i'm about 2000 miles away from haveing to replace them. that would put me at about 4000 to 4500 and that sucks on a duel compound tire, but i guess thats what you get for more horse power. well just to put my two cents in on the helment issue. i found that if i wash my bike and dry it off and just sit on it in the drive way and tell people i ride it i don't get the helment buffering you guys are talking about. you should try it all the cool kids are doing it inmy neighbore hood.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
hey festus has two r1s for sale, but don't take the black one, thats mine for next riding season.
we have three, remember? two 2007's (red and gray) and the black 2008.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Glen rode over 1000 miles in 20.5 hours on an FZ1 and never mentioned anything about wind buffeting.

Glen, want to throw your 2 cents in here????

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
People have also complained about buffeting on the fz6 and the taller touring screen. Personally it has never bothered me because I'm tall enough that my head is in clean air. Not everyone will have the same problems on the same bikes. There are factors that are unique to everyone. Just because it doesn't apply to one person doesn't make it not valid for another.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,989

Glen rode over 1000 miles in 20.5 hours on an FZ1 and never mentioned anything about wind buffeting.

Glen, want to throw your 2 cents in here????
i'm also a little taller than glen. like slim sad it does depend on the riders hieght. I'm also not the one that came up with the idea of the mirrors either. i found them on a web site that is dedicated to the yamaha fz1. once i found the info i spent many hours reading up on the subject. the web site has been published in magazines as the number one website for the fz1. i would think that the many people that have posted about this subject would know what they are talking about. i posted the links to the web site so that you could read for your self. there are many more than what i posted as well i just didn't want to waste any more time. you can even google it and you will see that this is a issue on more than just fz1s.

·
Registered
623 Posts
no dur out of all the bikes i have owned the fz1 was the one i liked the best over all. it looks good and it sounds mean. it gets around 35 to 40 mpg and i could corner like no tomarrow. don't get me wrong i love the concours just a few things i would like to change and the heat issue would be the first on the list but if you ride with pants on it's not bad. the other is the set set up it needed to be cut out more so you don't slide up on to the tank and if you ride two up she is going to slide up every time you come to a stop. but over all the fjr1300 and the 1400 concours are great touring bikes and if you like long rides you can't go wrong witheither one of them. i will say that the concours dosen't seem to be so big in the middle like the fjr is so if your under 6 foot like me the concours sit's better , but i could change the height on the fjr so my feet would hit the ground better on it. so just a little info if any one was in the market for a touring bike.

3981 - 4000 of 4460 Posts