Sport Bikes banner

3961 - 3980 of 4462 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Well Id like to try and make it next time.

Few questions tho, what grade of fuel do you Normally put in your bike?
And does anyone ride at night often? And what is the best method that you use to remove the bugs? Just water and soft towel, a special cleaner?
Thanks!
Most of us LOVE to ride at night in Arkansas when we get to the end of a 600 mile day. Nothing but fun.

Bugs so thick we had to make a stop to specifically scrape them off our visors.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lol, now THAT sounds like fun!!
I rode to my girlfriends house last night around dusk, I tried to get there before the bugs got out,... I didn't. Lol. Those little yellowish gnats? were pretty thick on my visor. And it was just a 15 min trip.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well planing another trip to the dragon on september the 4th through the 6th. this is a rsvp ride so don't just show up on the 4th and say your going. i would like to be clear about the ride. we will be leaving out from cape around 4am saturday morning and rideing down and then running the dragon and a few other roads that evening. it will be around 600 to 650 miles. spend the night at a hotel. sunday we will be riding around 400 to 500 miles. spend the night again and leave out monday morning to head home in a round about route. around another 600 to 650 miles. just want every one to know up front that this ride will not be for every one. we like to ride and have fun and would like guys who are into group rideing and site seeing to go. half of the ride will be interstate and half will be some of the best back roads you can find any wear around. so if this sounds like fun then post some thing up or pm me or drur or danny. if you don't think you can do the ride then please DO NOT! you need to think about your safety and the safety of others around you. thanks.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
can i go?
No, that invite was for everyone except you. :)

Besides, we don't think you could handle that sort of mileage. I heard you puss out after 50 miles or so. :spit

PS You're in by default with being a Prestige Rider and all. I just hope you don't have any allergy problems....

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I've got a problem when riding my Vulcan.....when I take the windshield off, I get a lot of helmet buffeting and I don't know why. Got any suggestions???

:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
well drur every one likes a little ass , but no one likes a smart ass! if you go with a turtle shell you wont have that problem. your face trying to fly off at 80mph will be your new problem. good luck with that buddy!

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
We can only have ONE TJ in the group so one of your asses has to GO!!

:leaving

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
well drur every one likes a little ass , but no one likes a smart ass! if you go with a turtle shell you wont have that problem. your face trying to fly off at 80mph will be your new problem. good luck with that buddy!
Oh hell, I have a turtle shell but I was thinking about turning my handlebars around facing forward to see if that helps. Either that or I'll just get one of those rear view mirrors to clips to your helmet like bicyclists wear then I can ride with my back to the wind.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oh hell, I have a turtle shell but I was thinking about turning my handlebars around facing forward to see if that helps. Either that or I'll just get one of those rear view mirrors to clips to your helmet like bicyclists wear then I can ride with my back to the wind.
... I was gonna suggest just leaving the winshield on???

But on second thought,... Your idea sounds much safer :p

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
The high beam went out on the Vulcan so it was time for a replacement bulb. After doing a little internet research, I found the factory bulb is 45/60 watt (low, high). Found a suggestion of using a bulb that is a direct replacement but is 80/100 watt.

Big improvement over the OEM bulb.

Can you see me now cage driver?!? :doworkson

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
well planing another trip to the dragon on september the 4th through the 6th. this is a rsvp ride so don't just show up on the 4th and say your going. i would like to be clear about the ride. we will be leaving out from cape around 4am saturday morning and rideing down and then running the dragon and a few other roads that evening. it will be around 600 to 650 miles. spend the night at a hotel. sunday we will be riding around 400 to 500 miles. spend the night again and leave out monday morning to head home in a round about route. around another 600 to 650 miles. just want every one to know up front that this ride will not be for every one. we like to ride and have fun and would like guys who are into group rideing and site seeing to go. half of the ride will be interstate and half will be some of the best back roads you can find any wear around. so if this sounds like fun then post some thing up or pm me or drur or danny. if you don't think you can do the ride then please DO NOT! you need to think about your safety and the safety of others around you. thanks.
On a serious note, if anyone is interested in going on this trip, please let me know as soon as possible. If you want, you can PM me and I can give you the details (route, where we will be staying, costs, etc). I need to make room arrangements and need a head count as soon as possible.

PS It is a 500 mile ride to the hotel which will be done in the first day....

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
On a serious note, if anyone is interested in going on this trip, please let me know as soon as possible. If you want, you can PM me and I can give you the details (route, where we will be staying, costs, etc). I need to make room arrangements and need a head count as soon as possible.

PS It is a 500 mile ride to the hotel which will be done in the first day....
I'd love to go, but the timing is bad for me. I will be at the GP in Indy the weekend before so I can't take off two Saturdays in a row. :-(

Ah well. Think of me, guys.

oh, dru, that buffeting, think it is from your mirrors? :spit

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I'd love to go, but the timing is bad for me. I will be at the GP in Indy the weekend before so I can't take off two Saturdays in a row. :-(

Ah well. Think of me, guys.

oh, dru, that buffeting, think it is from your mirrors? :spit
I think the buffeting may be caused by my clutch lever. Definitely the clutch lever.

·
Haga's protege
503 Posts
you sure it isnt from the gas cap?

possibly the rear fender have been known to cause that along with valve caps:eek:nfloor

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
No guys, I read that if you flip the clutch lever upside down and cut it down by .8764", it will fix the problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I made a deal with the (ex)wife. She gets half my stuff, and I get to do whatever the hell I want from now on. So hopefully if I don't stay slammed with work I'll be able to get out and ride more in the very near future.

I've gotten pretty comfortable on the starter bike I picked up, and am sorta looking to trade up for something a little bit newer (if I can find a good enough deal and get the financing), but not too new. I don't want to have to sell a kidney just to fix it when I finally go down.

I guess at least now I can finally afford to pick up some much needed stuff from NewEnough since my bills just went WAY down, haha.

Headed up to IL for the 4th weekend, but hopefully sometime after that I'll be able to join you guys on some of these weekend rides. Definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen but maybe a handful of people from around here that ride sport bikes.

Who are the decent pre-owned sport bike dealers in this area? I don't mind traveling within say maybe 100 miles? I was just trying to find someone that posted their inventory online so I could get an idea of what I was looking at before I drove around to check out bikes. I would definitely prefer to stick with another ZX6R if possible, the one I've got is awesome, but a little (lot) rough around the edges.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Well, I made a deal with the (ex)wife. She gets half my stuff, and I get to do whatever the hell I want from now on. So hopefully if I don't stay slammed with work I'll be able to get out and ride more in the very near future.

I've gotten pretty comfortable on the starter bike I picked up, and am sorta looking to trade up for something a little bit newer (if I can find a good enough deal and get the financing), but not too new. I don't want to have to sell a kidney just to fix it when I finally go down.

I guess at least now I can finally afford to pick up some much needed stuff from NewEnough since my bills just went WAY down, haha.

Headed up to IL for the 4th weekend, but hopefully sometime after that I'll be able to join you guys on some of these weekend rides. Definitely looking forward to it. I haven't seen but maybe a handful of people from around here that ride sport bikes.

Who are the decent pre-owned sport bike dealers in this area? I don't mind traveling within say maybe 100 miles? I was just trying to find someone that posted their inventory online so I could get an idea of what I was looking at before I drove around to check out bikes. I would definitely prefer to stick with another ZX6R if possible, the one I've got is awesome, but a little (lot) rough around the edges.
Sorry about your marriage failure. that sucks.

Any new bike dealer should have used bikes too. Not sure if Festus is too far away, but we have a boatload of used bikes.

3961 - 3980 of 4462 Posts