Sport Bikes banner

3941 - 3960 of 4460 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
just a reminder to those who will be riding make sure you bring water or stop and get water often the humidity will suck the water right out of you. 2-3 gallons of water daily is ideal especially with the gear we wear.

Warning signs of heat exhaustion include:

heavy sweating
paleness
muscle cramps
tiredness
weakness
dizziness
headache
nausea or vomiting
fainting

The skin may be cool and moist. The victim's pulse rate
will be fast and weak, and breathing will be fast and shallow. If
heat exhaustion is untreated, it may progress to heat
stroke, which is a medical emergency. Seek medical attention and call 911
immediately if symptoms are severe
Spoken as a well trained soldier should. You tell those damn civilians how it is Dave! :rant

Seriously, you guys be careful out there. Dave is 100% correct. The heat index will be CAT 5 which means HOT, DAMN HOT!

Consume at least 1 quart per hour if not more. It is very easy to become dehydrated on a bike because the swear evaporates quickly from your body while you are riding.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,943
so lets get a count who's going tomorrow. they are calling for a high of 99 so it's going to be pretty warm, but i really dont think it's going to get real hot till our way back

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would like to go, but I was very fortunate to be invited backstage at the Air Festival tomorrow and aviation is a lifelong passion of mine.

I sincerely hope that you will all have a great time while riding tomorrow. Please stay safe and enjoy!

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Going to the Cards game on the Vulcan so I'm out. Did 300 miles today and will do another 250 or so tomorrow.

Have fun, be safe and remember to stay hydrated. It's going to be a hot SOB!

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Going to the Cards game on the Vulcan so I'm out. Did 300 miles today and will do another 250 or so tomorrow.

Have fun, be safe and remember to stay hydrated. It's going to be a hot SOB!
good seeing ya, dru thanks for stopping by the shop.

A guy from Vermont is riding through from OK to TN today so if you see a guy on a loaded down KTM 990 Adventure, his name is Matt and he is a pretty cool guy. Tell him "Dirk says hello" if you run into him.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks like it was a good ride. Glad to see no spills this time.... I think these photo's are kinda missing something tho.... You know, and Candy Plasma Blue Ninja would fit in nicely I think :p lol

well, tomorrow is my first day back to work after getting the bike, gonna ride it and show some coworkers. Picking up a bike cover too, any recomendations?

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
well we thought about ya today and questioned callin ya but no one had ur number ...maybe next time we can add a lil candy blue color to the pics :)

any cover is fine ...go for a water resist one if u can

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds good to me. I feel like I've adapted very well to the 650r for what little I've rode so far. I'm no expert of course, but I think I know were my limits stand, and I work on expanding them. The only thing is, my butt might not like me for a while, lol. But I'm getting used to longer trips now.

Btw, number is 22eight - two two 3 - three 245. AT&T. call or text. Tony (TJ).

EDIT: Got the cover, and its waterproof. I got the one that seemed to be the most durable and protective. I'll use it most while its at work, since I can't park in the shade anywhere, help protect it from fading and the environment :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone planning on a ride this weekend?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well Id like to try and make it next time.

Few questions tho, what grade of fuel do you Normally put in your bike?
And does anyone ride at night often? And what is the best method that you use to remove the bugs? Just water and soft towel, a special cleaner?
Thanks!

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Well Id like to try and make it next time.

Few questions tho, what grade of fuel do you Normally put in your bike?
And does anyone ride at night often? And what is the best method that you use to remove the bugs? Just water and soft towel, a special cleaner?
Thanks!
Your bike is set to run on 87 octane fuel. It will run just fine on it.

Get a bottle of Plexus for your face shield on your helmet and the wind screen. Works well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Awesome, thanks!

3941 - 3960 of 4460 Posts