Sport Bikes banner

3881 - 3900 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had a wicked good time. We met a nice Ste Gen county mounty, Glen let a teen go for a ride on Super Black Betty, we scared the begeebers out of a blue hair lady in a Cadillac. Good times!

Glen or Danny, care to elaborate?
sounds exciting, lol.

btw guy's, what would you pay for a 2007 Ninja 650r, about 4,500 miles, great visual condition, no scratches, possible very well maintained... oh, and if you saw it at a car dealership?

what would a fair price be?

·
Registered
623 Posts
i had a lot of fun with every one. even the police officer was cool with us. got a little sun burned, but thats how i like it. i bet there was about 150 to 200 bike up there. other than the blessing of the bikes i haven't seen that big of a group go on any rides around here. thanks for the invite krid and i hope to make the next open house.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well tiger trade in value is 2750 and reatil is 4000. shoot him a price of 2500 cash and i would not go any hire than 3000, but i would take it for a test ride and take it to the closest kawasaki dealer to check it out to make shure every thing is up to speed. just a little 411 sappingtons next mounth is selling all of there motorcycles in stock at 1 dollar over invoice. so you may be better at buying a 2009 or a 2010 tiger.

·
Registered
326 Posts
thanks glen, I had already looked up blue book values :) but I still wasn't sure if that sounded ok. Glad for the info, because I was thinking about trying to get it for 3,800-4,000. Put two grand down, and finance the rest through them. (if they approved me).

EDIT: I know they always ask more than what its worth, but the dealers asking price for the '07 650r is $4950.

And I would love having a brand new bike, but, there is higher insurance (checking prices now) plus, I couldn't buying a new one from sappington's outright, don't have that kind of money. And I doubt I can get financed, at just under 19, no credit history, been at current job for only 9 months.

But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and check it out. Next month, starting July 1st?

·
Registered
326 Posts
2007 Ninja 650r - $1050/year

2009 Ninja 650r - $1,400/year ( just under that a bit actually)

2010 Ninja 650r - $2,000/year

All of these are with the exact same coverage options through progressive. with a down payment, and 11 monthly payments.

the 2007 is just a tad over what I wanted my limit to be... don't want to pay over 1k/year.

Unless I can get much better rates, looks like the 09/10 are both out.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Check with State Farm. You may have to have your car insured with them also to get a motorcycle policy. At least that was the deal when I had them.

·
Registered
623 Posts
state farm is the lowest around on sport bikes. i checked with progresive her in cape and the guy told me he couldn't tuch state farm on sport bikes. cruisers he would be about 10 dollars a mounth more. state farm runs me 36 a mounth now i do have two cars,house,life insurens and i'm 30, but you should still check into it. plus go with a 500 deduct. yah it's higher, but it dosen't take much damage to get to 500 bucks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check with State Farm. You may have to have your car insured with them also to get a motorcycle policy. At least that was the deal when I had them.
State Farm could be a possibility, if I don't have to insure my car with them. Being almost 19 still, and attending college, I'm still living with my grandparents, and have my car insured through them. (2003 v6 Ford Mustang). MUCH cheaper through them, lol. If I were to put it in my name, I would probably spend more on the increase in the car, then if I just insure the bike with a different company.

gonna try and find some better rates then progressive. (currently insured with them now, $171 year.) liability.

·
Registered
326 Posts
state farm is the lowest around on sport bikes. i checked with progresive her in cape and the guy told me he couldn't tuch state farm on sport bikes. cruisers he would be about 10 dollars a mounth more. state farm runs me 36 a mounth now i do have two cars,house,life insurens and i'm 30, but you should still check into it. plus go with a 500 deduct. yah it's higher, but it dosen't take much damage to get to 500 bucks.
Ok, good point on the deductible... those quotes were with 1,000. I was thinking along the lines if the bike gets totaled, I'll just see $500 less, and not spend as much yearly... but I'm hoping that doesn't happen, and if it isn't totaled... 500 is easier to come up with the 1,000.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
tiger ur best bet is to get something that makes u happy to have ...state farm is alot more reasonable also ...if u keep askin on here ur never gonna end up with anything cause everyone has different tastes and ideas.....

is there gonna be a ride this sunday/saturday?
sunday is fathers day so idk if that helps or hurts the day for riding?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
When I talked to you last I was all about riding this coming weekend. As soon as I get home I find out that we have freinds staying with us this weekend and I have a family get together on Sat. As long as we're not doing anything on Sunday... I'd LOVE to be on the bike.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
sounds like a 90% chance of motorcycle therapy on sunday ....

lets meet say 930 am sunday rhodes jackson?

i hear there is a chance of low pollen count as well sunday....

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
State Farm could be a possibility, if I don't have to insure my car with them. Being almost 19 still, and attending college, I'm still living with my grandparents, and have my car insured through them. (2003 v6 Ford Mustang). MUCH cheaper through them, lol. If I were to put it in my name, I would probably spend more on the increase in the car, then if I just insure the bike with a different company.

gonna try and find some better rates then progressive. (currently insured with them now, $171 year.) liability.
o crap u drive a mustang?....uggh!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know, you guys don't seem like fords. Lol... As stated before, I'm not really a ford person, just more f a car person, and mustangs happen to be my specialty. And favorite car under say 50 grand(new). Lol

The red one is mine, the yellow one belongs to the GF. :)

I just like the angle of this picture. (Notice the 2004 chevy z71 in the background! )

My Mustang parked in front of my work. Its the Distance learning center at the local college here, I'm the ITV technician.

^ Project mustang that I'm working on. 1997 body, I put in a 2004: engine, transmission, rear end, engine wiring, dash wiring, body wiring, dash, and front and rear seats.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
sounds like a 90% chance of motorcycle therapy on sunday ....

lets meet say 930 am sunday rhodes jackson?

i hear there is a chance of low pollen count as well sunday....

Your new DB windscreen should help with the pollen count.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i love my 3rd gen camaros lol
:O
looks nice!
I should've guessed that from your name.... lol

Gotta say, the camaro's are pretty awesome too :)
My dad has an '85 firebird just sitting in the yard, he blew the motor a long time ago *sigh* wish he would sell it to me so I could restore it.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
thanks!
i got a pretty good deal on this one also 40k original miles on her :)
we had to replace the original tires from the factory when i got it lol!

aww he should so let u restore it :)

your mustang atleast looks really nice (as well as your g/f's) so you are immune to all ford comments from me :)

3881 - 3900 of 4460 Posts