Sport Bikes banner

3801 - 3820 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Went to the bike show after work at Ryhmer's On The Plaza in Cape to benefit St. Jude's Children's Hospital. They had a sport bike class 1 showed up. Now that's a Shame. I spoke with the club that was putting it on. He said they advertised a Sport bike class on the radio. But, was afraid of this happening no one showing up from the sport bike community.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well that sucks, where all the sport bike riders?!

·
Registered
623 Posts
well drur was out of town, i was in the stl for boy scouts, and danny and dave were out rideing there bikes plus jasons bike so i can't tell you about the other guys .but it's a shame that so many guys have bikes but they don't like to show them off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
for the insurance on the fz6 for being 20 at the time on the 06 model i paid 954 for a year. With one ticket on record. That was for full coverage minus medical. Yeah its rape. i paid 356 for liability this year.

you will do fine on the bike, it will only put out how every much you input. Keep the rpms under five grand for first couple rides. she comes alive around 6 grand. good luck.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ah, well if I had a nicer bike, I would love showing it off. Just like I do with my car. Detailed it today, show car shine :)

Thanks for the info Imnotfazed
Really hoping I can get that fz6! I'll double Check insurance for me, but if it's under 1grand a year, I'll do it. It's expensive, but being young, I don't have many alternatives. I don't want too old of a bike, or too small. -- gotta pay to play!

Also, I found out today that my dad is buying a harley, and I'll be able to ride it.
He doesn't like sportbikes, and I think he's partly getting it to try an get me hooked on cruisers, lol. I'll give it a try, (as I havent drove one before) but I'm pretty sure I'll prefer a sportbike. Same reason I prefer a car over a truck, way better handling. :D (but trucks are awesome for haulings stuff)

·
Registered
623 Posts
well we went down highway E from arcadia towards highway 67 and went across a bridge and jim was just at awe buy all the beauty and mist the slite turn to the left and said to him self that a straight line is the fastest way to go, but a huge mount of dirt was in his way. so after he went down and jumped back up we put his bike back together and went home.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I couldn't have said it better myself glen. Yea, the ride was awesome for the first 5 hours or so & then I guess I got a bit to comfortable & looked at some people fishing a bit to long & bada bing im in a ditch. Lesson learned, the bike wasn't messed up to bad & more important I wasn't really hut to bad considering either. Thanks to glen, danny, dave & his wife for all the help, I really appreciated it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Glad ur ok man! Looks like u guys had a great ride all things considered! I hope to hook up with one soon!

Hey Drur.............Ur a Triumph fan right? Did u catch the article in CW on there new Rocket III? Sounds like a bada$$ bike. 140 cubic inch tripple supposed to be the biggest production motorcycle motor. Only 120 horse, but it has 140 lbs of torque! That is monster torque! The new VMax is 113lbs torque, and that is alot! And they say its under 14grand...... Sounds like a heck of a cruser(ish...lol) bike!

·
Registered
623 Posts
yaj drur has been all over the books on that one 99. and don't swet it jim me, and tj, and just about most of the guys we ride with have gone down at some point or another due to someones elses fault or there owne. thats why we put all that hot ass gear on to keep the damadge down as much as we can. your helment did take a really good lick so you may look at getting another one just to be safe. 150 bucks is cheep when you look at whats in it over all. hope your not to stiff today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yaj drur has been all over the books on that one 99. and don't swet it jim me, and tj, and just about most of the guys we ride with have gone down at some point or another due to someones elses fault or there owne. thats why we put all that hot ass gear on to keep the damadge down as much as we can. your helment did take a really good lick so you may look at getting another one just to be safe. 150 bucks is cheep when you look at whats in it over all. hope your not to stiff today.
I agree, a new helmet is in my future for sure.. as well as some riding pants.
Yea, I'm sore as hell today! Mostly my ribs, I had to roll out of bed today because I couldnt sit up. Work's gonna be a blast today.:banana HA!!!

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Glad ur ok man! Looks like u guys had a great ride all things considered! I hope to hook up with one soon!

Hey Drur.............Ur a Triumph fan right? Did u catch the article in CW on there new Rocket III? Sounds like a bada$$ bike. 140 cubic inch tripple supposed to be the biggest production motorcycle motor. Only 120 horse, but it has 140 lbs of torque! That is monster torque! The new VMax is 113lbs torque, and that is alot! And they say its under 14grand...... Sounds like a heck of a cruser(ish...lol) bike!

I saw this one in Eureka Springs a couple of weeks ago. Yes it is a badass bike. HUGE amounts of torque. Each cylinder is 4" in diameter. Hell that thing has more HP and torque that many small cars.

Would love to have one. Bang for the buck, that is a great bike.

PS: I did read the article. Obviously the V-Max is more of a bike but is it worth the $6k cost difference?

3801 - 3820 of 4460 Posts