Sport Bikes banner

3781 - 3800 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
well daddy war bucks maybe you would like to pay my sell taxes for me! hell i may even let you sit on super black betty for that lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know about double bubbles and all that but I do know about having my helmet jerked around in the wind because I am taller then my windshield. My HJC was the worst but there was a easy fix I went online and bought a 1/4 inch solid rubber saw blade. I installed said saw blade on my helmet and presto it looked good and broke up the smooth surface on top of my helmet that was allowing the wind and turbulence the ability to grab a hold of my helmet and jerking my head around like a bobble head doll. my new G-MAX has six separate extremely raised vents that do the same thing as my saw blade they break up the smooth parts of the helmet which breaks the winds grip on my helmet. i would try the saw blade if you dont like it its not permanent so no harm done. if you ever want to try my HJC out just give me a holler and ill bring it in to town for you to try it out.

helm.jpg

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
no that would be dru! at least thats what he clames all the time.
I didn't say I had all the money, just stated that I was independently wealthy.

At least that is what I keep telling myself. I need to sell a few kids and then I would be much better off. :)

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,788
i know last year's taxes i was able to claim my sales tax on my fz1. i'm guessing it was just a one year thing to help boost auto sales.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
i know last year's taxes i was able to claim my sales tax on my fz1. i'm guessing it was just a one year thing to help boost auto sales.
yes, just another damn government incentive to help one business sector over another.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok guys, I think I might have finally found a bike to get! :)
it's a 2005 FZ6, for $2,700. In pretty good condition, sounds like a good deal to me. What do you guys think?

"This FZ6 is in excellent condition. The tires, front and back, were replaced ~18 months ago, I am not the initial owner but have always kept it in the garage. There are a few cosmetic scratches shown in the pictures from a tip over, (clean title). The mileage is ~14,500 runs like new and fun to ride. I have a US 40 size Teknic mesh riding jacket I will throw in if you can use it. Feel free to email me with any questions. WILL DELIVER to Springfield Area SATURDAY, JUNE 5TH. CASH ONLY"

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lol @ drur

and I would, if I had a different bike. I took mine out for a short ride today (like I do almost every day) and look what I saw when I got back :'(

I won't ever recomend a Chinese bike to anyone, they don't hold up (or
mine had a really shitty first owner!)
unless it's like 30 years later and the Chinese bikes are the new Japanese. Then They might be ok.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
tiger, I would say that it would be a decent $ if you got them down a bit more. The only thing that I would bring up is that the frame is scratched but I can't tell how little or how much. Depending on how bad it is an insurance co would like to try to total it because of the cost to replace the frame. Otherwise... If those are the only scratches on the bike in those pics and nothing had been replaced on the bike from those tip overs (its been tipped over on both sides) I wouldn't sweat it.

If I get a chance to get out to ride it would be in the evening Sat or Sun. We have a weekend of family things planned and i would just have to see how things are going.

:edit
Krid, the tail section and front fairing on that FZ6 are not original, are they? Looks like they came off of a silver bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Like I said, I would if I had a different bike. Lol.

That cap or whatever on my crank case fell out today, and I couldn't find it anywhere, so my bike has very little oil in it. And it being a Chinese brand, ad 200cc, I wouldn't want to ride it 80 miles to cape, plus the ride, plus 80 back on this thing.

As soon as I get my new bike tho, chalk me up for every ride there is :D as long as I don't have to work, I'll try and make it to every meet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thank for the input slim, good advice. I was hoping he would let it go for $2,500.

Also, got to thinking, I forgot the fz6 is an inline four. Gonna have to think about this bike some more, since I don't want to get something to big. (it would be my second bike) and I haven't had a chance to check insurance yet either, gotta make sure it's not too expensive...

I think I would really like to have a sv650.

I saw that the blue one in WI I was looking at a while back, has been relisted on eBay, no reserve, startig at 1,450. If I can get it for that price, I can have it shipped toe
for about 2,000 total. Doesn't spun too bad, I just don't know about it being salvaged...

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,799
i'm out man the pollen counts are high as hell. the last few mornings on the way to work have been hell. nothing like snot all over your face and eyes burning like hell

3781 - 3800 of 4460 Posts