Sport Bikes banner

3701 - 3720 of 4462 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
From what I've picked up, there refered to as squid bikes often, because you seem to see mostly squids riding them... hence also the "gear" - bermuda shorts, sunglasses and flip flops?.... lol

But I still think it looks pretty nice. at least in that picture, it gives it sort of an exotic look. I like it in that color definately.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well passed on the zx-14. didn't sleep much last night thinking about both bikes. i like them both ,but the concours over all would be a better fit for the wife and i. i like the abs brakes, the read out on the dash, the hard bags are great, and it still has a lot of power that i will never out grow. the zx-14 is great, but raked just a bit more than i woulod want it to be and i'm looking at a few trips this summer and the concours just seems to be a better fit. so scott and jason re ordered it today and it should be in about 2 to 3 weeks from now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
sorry i mean 5 bikes in less than half year. FJR, BMW, FZ6, KAWI VULVAN, AND NOW A ZX 14(WHICH IS A SWEET BIKE FOR DAMN SURE). that's got to be some kind of record.

did you get rid of the vulvan?
I don't think I would like paying taxes on all those bikes in less than half a year, lol.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well danny i must be a dousche to because i think your bike looks and sounds great. i'm just glad you found a bike that you like and bought it from a dealer who isn't a asshole because you didn't buy a bike from them. not talking about sappingtons for the record. they made danny a really good deal he just liked the white bike at the end of everything. i give sappingtons props they have bent over backwards to help me find a bike that i want not what some one else thinks would be good for me. there are two shops in town that i try to give my money to and they go out of there way to try and get me the best price they can and thats all i can ask for.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Suzuki : SV: eBay Motors (item 160436545340 end time May-26-10 19:30:00 PDT)

I ran across this bike online and was thinking about getting it because of the price and I figure it would be a good bike to get more experience on. (ins would run about ~600/year paid in full, full coverage, or about ~100 down, 55/month.)

But I really like the R6 bikes...the early 2000's? to 2005 I believe, and there is a 2000(2001?) Honda CBR F4 in the area that looks pretty nice for 3,000. (ins would be closer to 1,200/year est)

I'm just wondering if it would be better for me to go with a 650 twin, as opposed to a 600 inline four... I know the 600's have about ~30-40 more horses, but I'm still not sure that it would really be too much, I think I could handle it.

I just don't want to get a twin, and then be ready to upgrade in a few months- a year. I want to find one I'll love for 3+ years.... any suggestions?

edit: forgot how much more the full coverage was for an inline four, going to go with a twin. Now to find one in my budget. lol.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Suzuki : SV: eBay Motors (item 160436545340 end time May-26-10 19:30:00 PDT)

I ran across this bike online and was thinking about getting it because of the price and I figure it would be a good bike to get more experience on. (ins would run about ~600/year paid in full, full coverage, or about ~100 down, 55/month.)

But I really like the R6 bikes...the early 2000's? to 2005 I believe, and there is a 2000(2001?) Honda CBR F4 in the area that looks pretty nice for 3,000. (ins would be closer to 1,200/year est)

I'm just wondering if it would be better for me to go with a 650 twin, as opposed to a 600 inline four... I know the 600's have about ~30-40 more horses, but I'm still not sure that it would really be too much, I think I could handle it.

I just don't want to get a twin, and then be ready to upgrade in a few months- a year. I want to find one I'll love for 3+ years.... any suggestions?

edit: forgot how much more the full coverage was for an inline four, going to go with a twin. Now to find one in my budget. lol.
Stick with the 650 twin.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
the problem is ...i dont see the joke...did i miss something about gixxers? or is it referred to me? u called my bike a dousche bike...how was i supposed to take that?....as a compliment?
It definitely wasn't a personal attack. I think you are a good guy and definitely not a douche. I was simply referring to the squidliness stigma that is attached to GSXR's (hence the flip-flop comment). I guess you've never heard someone say "gixxerdouche?" That term is usually related to someone (squid) riding a GSXR and spouting off about how his bike is faster than "XYZ" bike.

Anyhow. Just meant it as a good natured ribbing not as a put down.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well this is why nobody posts onthe form any more because some one is all ways talking shit about some one else bike for no good reason.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,710
i think you made a smart choice gleny. the concours is all over the mags with really great reviews. with your back i think the zx14 would have been trouble. i know i would have a hard time going back to a super sport style bike.

anyone going to ride this next weekend? traffic will be bad, but weather is looking good.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts

·
Haga's protege
503 Posts
lol great i picked a newb bike ffs i so fail at picking bikes....

and no krid i havent heard that comment before so i wasnt sure what was implied with the comment:whiteflag

nice pics brian

tiger .... find a bike that you like the look of and snag it parallel twins make descent power and get a fair amount of gas mileage also...just a side thought the more hp a bike has the faster u shred through tires as well...my cbr 600rr was sittin at bout 115-120 hp and i was changin the oil and replacing a rear tire every 3k miles......

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for the info iroc. I don't want to spend too much, I do have other expensive hobbies. I think I was trying to get ahead of myself, a twin should make plenty of power, a lot more than my 200. And it's not like it's the last bike I will own, and I still have more learning to do. So no inline four yet, at least for a few years or more. Lol.

Btw, nice pics, looks like a lot of fun!

And krid, maybe the fishing will pick up shortly if your still out there and it hasn't yet. Lol.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Thanks for the info iroc. I don't want to spend too much, I do have other expensive hobbies. I think I was trying to get ahead of myself, a twin should make plenty of power, a lot more than my 200. And it's not like it's the last bike I will own, and I still have more learning to do. So no inline four yet, at least for a few years or more. Lol.

Btw, nice pics, looks like a lot of fun!

And krid, maybe the fishing will pick up shortly if your still out there and it hasn't yet. Lol.

meh. we called it a night and headed in. The ninja 650 would be a great bike for you, wtiger.

·
Registered
326 Posts
meh. we called it a night and headed in. The ninja 650 would be a great bike for you, wtiger.
Ah, well better luck next time maybe?

And I do love the styling of the ninja's. I would get one if I could find one in good shape for the right price. Guess I'll just keep my eyes open, and be patient. Lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
wtiger - I would HIGHLY reccomend the SV. They are great bikes & fairly inexpensive to "accesorize". Check out svrider.com to see some great examples of what you can make these bikes into.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. I am happy for Iroc and gleny. At the end of the day it's about what you like and what you feel comfortable about in a bike. I'm happy for both of them.
You know I think I'll go riding some where this weekend to drur. I don't get the long weekend most do. But, I get two day's off in a row Hell Ya

3701 - 3720 of 4462 Posts