Sport Bikes banner

3661 - 3680 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
The ex500 hundred did not earn the name plate ninja till the early 90's and changed to 17 inch wheels. If you go back to the 80's the name badge only said EX500. But dam that 250 front plastic looks like it fit's perfect.

STAR WARS that was funny shit.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,662
to those who cares TOOL tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am for the st charles missouri show at family arena

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmm, I found a local bike, it's a '93 Kawasaki ZX11... Little b***** and older than I was looking for, but I was thinking that it doesn't have the same power as the new ones? Anyway, do you guys think it would be too big or no?

Says it runs good, was recently rebuilt, and no body damage, he's asking 2,800, but said price is negotiable.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
First off, just in case you haven't yet, look at how much insurance will be for you. 2. Thats A LOT of bike, make no mistake about it. I'm all for people getting what they want, but at the same time will promote learning on a smaller bike. In a previous post you said that you haven't riden much more than 5 miles at a time. I would strongly suggest passing on zx11.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
First off, just in case you haven't yet, look at how much insurance will be for you. 2. Thats A LOT of bike, make no mistake about it. I'm all for people getting what they want, but at the same time will promote learning on a smaller bike. In a previous post you said that you haven't riden much more than 5 miles at a time. I would strongly suggest passing on zx11.
:agree

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hmm, I found a local bike, it's a '93 Kawasaki ZX11... Little b***** and older than I was looking for, but I was thinking that it doesn't have the same power as the new ones? Anyway, do you guys think it would be too big or no?

Says it runs good, was recently rebuilt, and no body damage, he's asking 2,800, but said price is negotiable.
I had one 3 or 4 years ago. Good bike, more a sport tourer....It Has plenty of power....like 150 horse......also VERY heavy! Over 600lbs if I remember right! Not a good second bike!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmm, ok. Sounds Like the ZX11 is not a good bike still. Passing on that then.
I hadn't checked insurance yet, but was going to, definately an important factor, thanks.

I was hoping to find something closer to the $2,000 range, but 2,500 might be te best I will find...

And previously, yes I hadn't rode far. Since then, I still haven't rode very far, but I have had a few trips in the 25-30 mile range, and frequently ride 10-20 mile trips. Haven't been on the bike lately tho, my rear tire went flat, should have a new one in Tuesday!

I appreciate all the help I've gotten here :)

And my weekend has been pretty good, went to six flags yesterday. How's everyone else?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey, I checked around the Springfield area, what do you guys think about these 2? Will they be too big, and are they in good enough condition?

1990 Kawasaki Ninja Zx600r ---- I contacted the guy, and he never replied.

06 kawasaki ninja 600R ----- Decided to pass since its had an engine swap, would rather find something in better condition.

EDIT: I'm going to see about putting more money aside for a bike, cant really find decent bikes in the price range I was looking for (1,500-1,800).

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
The ex500 hundred did not earn the name plate ninja till the early 90's and changed to 17 inch wheels. If you go back to the 80's the name badge only said EX500. But dam that 250 front plastic looks like it fit's perfect.

STAR WARS that was funny shit.
i believe they changed the badges and wheels in 02 ish...

i had an early 90s model

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just wanted to remind everyone about ride night at Sappington's tomorrow Wednesday 6:00 pm lots of goodies to giveaway when we get to Buffalo Wild Wings. Bike Show and ride this Saturady to support the Troops. There is a sport bike class along with cruiser class so I need some bike's to show up. Giveways, Demo ride's, food and a DJ stuff for the kid's the armed force's will be there with lot's of cool stuff. Welcome To Sappington Pro Outdoor....We are your one stop outdoor power shop

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well I was the only sport bike on ride night. But I led the ride. And thank's to anyone who came to the USO bike show and ride.
Our next ride night is June 9th.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Would love to, but my leather pants don't fit any more. i did the test the track a couple of years ago and it has left me wanting more...

3661 - 3680 of 4460 Posts