Sport Bikes banner

3621 - 3640 of 4460 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
well took my final k1200s ride today

should know bout the shadow 500 tomorrow afternoon :)

im so excited i couldnt hold it in anymore :)

(now i can be cool like dru and glen :p)
Honda Shadow 500 -15 snob factor :eek:nfloor

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
good news on the shadow 500....not happening yet altho.....

i did find a ninja 500 for $400 that looks much more promising :)
Not sure I would want to see what kind of condition it's in for $400.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
well i saw it .... i t was bought new and the guy joined the military ,,,,was sittin til 2003 and his buddy ( the current owner got it)

he owns a harley so its just an extra bike he doesnt need

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
well i saw it .... i t was bought new and the guy joined the military ,,,,was sittin til 2003 and his buddy ( the current owner got it)

he owns a harley so its just an extra bike he doesnt need
Sounds like it might be a really good deal then.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i have cobra pipes on the new bike now and man you can hear me comeing a mile away. well we will see what happens to my gas mileage. i'm getting to like how they sound so over all i think they were a good investment. just for the record i got them for a steel.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
you got them for a "steel".....steal

and "load" pipes.....loud

and whats with dr j's constant random food comments?
You will definitely be riding at the back of the pack when we go on our trips. Those pipes are louder than my Vulcan by far. Wear those ear plugs.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well me and doc road a bit tonight and i couldn't hear his bike running after i started my bike. so i guess they are a bit much ,but i like them because people look around to see were in the hell all the noise is coming from. oh and danny i quite giveing a shit about how to spell about ten years ago so you can stop the free spell check. thanks for looking out for me bro

·
Registered
623 Posts
you have to love this form. all week long people talk back and forth to one another. the week end gets here and no one talks . i for the life of me can't figure it out. i guess thats why i bought a cruiser. it's not like i'm missing anything on hear.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is the weekend and I am on here. Yeah those pipes are loud glen I definitely could barely hear my bike running it just sounded like a whine. But it's a super nice bike. By the way there loud enough to set car alarms off. there is a poker run in the morning for the Vetrans home but it looks like rain again the bike show is suppose to start at 12:30 pm if anyone wants to go on the poker run and there is no rain let me know or just ride up to the bike show.

Loud Pipes Save Lives:headbang

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
YouTube - McLean V-8 Monocycle (Crash)

crash is at 3:00 min mark. ouch.. Didn't think that you could high side one of those...
Looking at the guy riding the "bike" makes me think it doesn't turn worth a damn either considering he kept putting his feet down. Doesn't look practical at all. Guess it is just a gimmick.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Looking at the guy riding the "bike" makes me think it doesn't turn worth a damn either considering he kept putting his feet down. Doesn't look practical at all. Guess it is just a gimmick.
of course it isn't a practical idea. The big wheel doesn't provide enough of a gyroscopic effect to provide the necessary stability and the floating hub/rider seat/engine prevents fast acceleration or braking - you'll just spin around the inside of the wheel if you dump the clutch or nail the brakes (which is why he crashed). How stupid is that meathead for riding in a half helmet and no gear.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
of course it isn't a practical idea. The big wheel doesn't provide enough of a gyroscopic effect to provide the necessary stability and the floating hub/rider seat/engine prevents fast acceleration or braking - you'll just spin around the inside of the wheel if you dump the clutch or nail the brakes (which is why he crashed). How stupid is that meathead for riding in a half helmet and no gear.
:agree

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just wanted to throw it out there. The next ride night is May 12th 6:00 pm starting at Sappington's and ending at Buffalo Wild Wings in Cape (food discount). It should be about an hour ride. Lot's of giveaway's more than the last ride. And our Bike show for the USO is on May 15th all proceed's to go to help the troop's and yes there is a sport bike class. Lot's of giveaway's. Ride to follow the conclusion of the event at 4:00
I still have some of those raffle ticket's left for that bike to.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey guys, So I was keeping my eye out for a new sportbike to get, a little larger this time, and a friend told me about this. :)

I stopped by today, no-one was home, but I took a picture and got a number to call.

2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500.
600 original miles
looks like they are asking 1,500.

Sounds cheaper than any I see on ebay or anything, and was thinking this could be a good bike to get for the next year or two.

Just want to double check and make sure you guys don't think this will be too small.

BTW, bike looks like it has been down once, either very slow, or maybe lost balance while sitting on it. Has some minor rash, not too noticeable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey guys, So I was keeping my eye out for a new sportbike to get, a little larger this time, and a friend told me about this. :)

I stopped by today, no-one was home, but I took a picture and got a number to call.

2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500.
600 original miles
looks like they are asking 1,500.

Sounds cheaper than any I see on ebay or anything, and was thinking this could be a good bike to get for the next year or two.

Just want to double check and make sure you guys don't think this will be too small.

BTW, bike looks like it has been down once, either very slow, or maybe lost balance while sitting on it. Has some minor rash, not too noticeable.
wtf? mine was 1,800 and is an '02 with 18,000 miles. im about to go buy it.

3621 - 3640 of 4460 Posts