Sport Bikes banner

3601 - 3620 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Large money backing is how you buy alot of inventory so in turn you get the ranking. So when someone searches for deals and ranking's that dealer will pop up. Then you whore half your inventory out. But your ranking doesn't alway's come from customer service but from how many unit's you move, and and how large your inventory is. Or something like that.
Units moved, is units moved though right????

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Large money backing is how you buy alot of inventory so in turn you get the ranking. So when someone searches for deals and ranking's that dealer will pop up. Then you whore half your inventory out. But your ranking doesn't alway's come from customer service but from how many unit's you move, and and how large your inventory is. Or something like that.

But the fact is, they sell a shit load of bikes and people keep coming back. A motorcycle is a commodity in that I can buy the same bike at any dealership in the country. It does come down to price. You can get warranty work done at any dealership so price makes a huge difference.

I personally saw them loading several bikes in the two hours we were there on a crappy weather Saturday in April. Can you imagine what they do in the middle of the riding season???

·
Registered
623 Posts
well maybe you should go down to sunrise on a saturday. they have hamburgers and hotdogs every weekend so there employes get a chance to eat and they don't have to leave to do so. really cool of a idea and would really give your employees a pick me up at the end of the week.

·
Registered
217 Posts
No offence intended, but Sappingtons would do better, if they had made a better name for themselves! There are some horror stories out there about them, and I know one first hand! Back in 06, my brother bought a silver ninja 250 new to learn on. He rode it about a month, and one afternoon he was pulling into dads driveway where there is a little bumpy transition so he stood up on the pegs a bit, and the left one broke. I was there, and saw the whole thing! The bike went down on the left side, messed up the bars, scratched the side up, and the bars jacked the tank up pretty bad. Sappington had the bike for awhile and I am not sure what went on, on there end, but when he got it back all they did was replace the peg, and bars, and refused to fix anything else! Between Kawasaki, and Sappington, that was just wrong IMHO! I have heard several other poor service stories! You can't move alot of bikes with this reputation! Things may(hopefully) have changed in the last 4 years, I don't know. Just my 2 cents...

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I think that Sappingtons is making an honest attempt at being a reputable motorcycle dealer. In the past it was like a bastard stepchild to the lawnmowers etc. Things are changing for the better at least I hope so.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well if you look hard enough you can find something wrong with any dealer. i try to post the good and let people make up there own minds about things. i have bought i think 11 bikes now in 5 years so i know a thing or two about many different dealers and i think scott is really giveing it a good shot at trying to make customers happy. but only the future will tell so maybe we should just sit back and see what happens. and maybe the peg was just made shitty i really don't see how you can hold a dealer at fault for a crapy part from the company. thats like me getting pissed off at ford groves for a bad tail gate that was on a ford i bought from them. they just sold the truck with the tail gate on it. they didn't make the tail gate. well just a different way to look at it i guess

·
Registered
217 Posts
well if you look hard enough you can find something wrong with any dealer. i try to post the good and let people make up there own minds about things. i have bought i think 11 bikes now in 5 years so i know a thing or two about many different dealers and i think scott is really giveing it a good shot at trying to make customers happy. but only the future will tell so maybe we should just sit back and see what happens. and maybe the peg was just made shitty i really don't see how you can hold a dealer at fault for a crapy part from the company. thats like me getting pissed off at ford groves for a bad tail gate that was on a ford i bought from them. they just sold the truck with the tail gate on it. they didn't make the tail gate. well just a different way to look at it i guess
I understand, and I think they are making a better name for themselves, but you are telling me, that you wouldn't have any animosity twards Yamaha, or Surdykes if the same happened to a brand new FZ6 and were told that the dealer would fix the 2 cheapest parts, and u would have to deal with the rest. A bike with a bashed in left side. Ohh, and continue to make the payments on said busted bike! Insurance didn't help because somehow the insurance company was supposed to write a full coverage policy, and somehow was written as liability only, according to my brother.... No matter what anyone tells me, the whole situation wasn't handled well by kawi, or Sappingtons. The past, is the past but just between my brother and me they lost atleast 4 bike sales! Anywho.....I'm out. No hard feelings, just a forgive and not forget situation i guess........lol

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
my brother had a mishap with a set of fork seals at sappingtons once, they actually called him to let him know "we got your seals in but one fork ended up longer than the other so we need it another day".......what do u even say to that lol?.........

edit...and i forgot when we got the bike home you could see the seals were still leaking :(...

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
my brother had a mishap with a set of fork seals at sappingtons once, they actually called him to let him know "we got your seals in but one fork ended up longer than the other so we need it another day".......what do u even say to that lol?.........
WHAT?! How does that even happen!?

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
yeah, some people will complain no matter what.

The biggest issue we have been having is Abernathy failing to set up atv's right and causing problems. The most recent was a Raptor 700 that didn't get the upper front shock bolts torqued. When they both fell out at the same time, the front shocks performed a headlightectomy on the Raptor. Total headlight annihlation.

sometimes it doesn't pay to shop at motorcycle walmart

Have not heard anything bad about sappington's (haven't heard anyone talk about them at all)

Heard World of Honda is dead set on killing customes with surprise butt sex.

Before American Rebel went under we were having SO many complaints on them. Now, e have inheritted their customers.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,616
i wish i had the money to buy out the world of honda in cape and turn it into a real bike shop. you know maybe have more than two sport bikes on the floor at one time.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Dead set on killing customers with surprise butt sex......that's classic.:banana

:agree

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
well took my final k1200s ride today

should know bout the shadow 500 tomorrow afternoon :)

im so excited i couldnt hold it in anymore :)

(now i can be cool like dru and glen :p)

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
well took my final k1200s ride today

should know bout the shadow 500 tomorrow afternoon :)

im so excited i couldnt hold it in anymore :)

(now i can be cool like dru and glen :p)
Nope, you will be below our cool level with the bike just being a 500.

Are you being serious? Please tell me you aren't.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Surprise butt sex, I thought that happened on the other side of the river.. Shadow 500 really seriously well if you like it that's cool. So I guess I seen you on your final ride today with the BMW. But, I think dru and glen will still give you shit lol...

3601 - 3620 of 4460 Posts