Sport Bikes banner

3521 - 3540 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just a reminder we will be haveing the bike ride April 21st meet at Sappingtons 5:45 p.m. leave at 6:00 p.m. We will end the ride at Buffalo Wild Wings on Williams Street in Cape. Should be a little over an hour ride. Hopeing to have a good turn out so we make this a regular event at least once month.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just an update. The ride at Sappington's on April 21st. We will be haveing a free drawing for a rideing jacket at the end of the ride. You must participate in the ride to be entered. We will draw the name at Buffalo Wild Wings at the end of the ride

FREE JACKET

·
Registered
45 Posts
im always a day late, but i wanted to say the same thing i had a great time on the ride last weekend great route and good friends, it was my pleasure to meet TJ hes top notch funny too. and it was nice to ride with doc. hope to do it again and thanks gleny and doc for making the detour with me out of fredrick town. stay safe

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i'm out on the bmw ride tomarrow i have to go eat with the in laws so i will try again next week as long as my sons baseball practice dosen't fall on that day.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey guys, sounds like there was a great ride recently, I haven't posted in a while, but I check in a read the posts every once in a while.

I can't wait to join up soon, but I need a different bike first. *sigh*

btw, does anyone here have much knowledge on carburetor's? I'm having an issue with my bike.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Just an update. The ride at Sappington's on April 21st. We will be haveing a free drawing for a rideing jacket at the end of the ride. You must participate in the ride to be entered. We will draw the name at Buffalo Wild Wings at the end of the ride

FREE JACKET
How about making it where the only people that can enter are the ones who own TWO Kawasaki's!

:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok drur first you want me to talk them in to giveing a ZX14 away now you want me to rig it for the jacket so only people that own 2 Kawasaki's win.
Uh no:eek:nfloor It's for everyone no matter what kind of bike they ride or brand.
But, nice try thou, props for the idea

If we get rained out that day we will do it the next day on the 22nd.

Any one riding this evening BMW ride or something else?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey guys, sounds like there was a great ride recently, I haven't posted in a while, but I check in a read the posts every once in a while.

I can't wait to join up soon, but I need a different bike first. *sigh*

btw, does anyone here have much knowledge on carburetor's? I'm having an issue with my bike.
I have gon thru several sets of carbs. Whats the bike doing? The carbs can get gummed/varnished up pretty easy. Not that bad to fix. U pull the carbs, tear them down(take pics if u must!) Clean everything well with GOOD quality carb cleaner (I like 3m stuff) and reinstall! If u need a hand holler!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I've pulled the carb off, Pulled the floatbowel off (I think that's what it's called) it all looks super clean, bike only has 2,500 miles one it, but it hasn't been driven for a while before I bought it.

But the problem is that it only runs for 1-2 minutes before flooding out and gas flows out the carb...

And idea's? Pic's/diagrams would be awesome
:)

thanks!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I've pulled the carb off, Pulled the floatbowel off (I think that's what it's called) it all looks super clean, bike only has 2,500 miles one it, but it hasn't been driven for a while before I bought it.

But the problem is that it only runs for 1-2 minutes before flooding out and gas flows out the carb...

And idea's? Pic's/diagrams would be awesome
:)

thanks!!
Im by no means a tech, but perhaps your floats are faulty? I have seen several floats go bad and they can actually become unable to float. Try and lower them in a glass of water and then wait a few minutes. If the floats appear to submerge significantly into the water, they are faulty. Could also be the pivoting assembly that enables the floats to adjust according to the amount of fuel in the bowl. Any restriction will cause the floats to gridlock, causing fuel to continue to flow into the bowl. Otherwise talk to 99tl100r - he's the wizard of mechanics here:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
The floats could be out of adjustment also, if the arm on the floats gets tweeked, but would be odd to happen to all of them. Did the needles look worn? Did u clean all the jets/orfices? It may look clean in the bowl, but there could be all sorts of junk in the jets. how do u know its flooding out? U smell it? More info needed.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Didn't clean the jets, and it could be odd for it to happen to all of what?

I say it's flooding out because gas is pouring out of the overflow tubes, it doesn't stop until I shut the gas off at the fuel petcock. Idk if flooding out would be the correct term then?

I did some more searching in the "help me fix it" section, and found the link to this site Dan's Motorcycle

from what he described, it sounds like what you guys told me also :) is that the float got adjusted somehow, and wasn't shutting the fuel off, so I bent the metal part some to close it sooner.

Seemed like I overdid it, I couldn't get gas in the bowel at all, so I removed it once again, and tried to adjust it inbetween the previous settings... SUCCESS!!

I started the bike, adjusted the air screw some to get what seemed like a good idle, drove it around some, seems good, just some minor adjustments needed to get it a little smoother

So, now that it's running, do you think I should clean the jets just in case they are gummy? I'm pretty sure it sat for a few months without being rode before I bought it.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! Sry for the long post, lol

3521 - 3540 of 4460 Posts