Sport Bikes banner

3241 - 3260 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
So we should just let things ride out, if they do want to ride, ok. they don't. watever, i kool with who can show up.
Ding, ding. We have a winner! :high5

You guys ever wonder about the people who never post or even join the site because they read all the bitchin about who does what or who doesn't do something else? Years ago I quit riding with a group of guys because I got sick of the egos and attitude and rode solo for a number of years after that. Lets not keep new guys from joining up because of the same. I like riding with each person here, and each for a different reason.

All I have to say is just hold yourself to your own standard and let others have their own. We all spend our time the way we want/need to.:hmm

BTW I'm liking the new smilies..... ha

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
OK, I quit. Folks are taking shit wayyy too serious.:deadhorse

·
Registered
623 Posts
i love the new horse smiley. thats great. hey slim did you get to make it to the goldwings club meeting last week. i ran into a few up in oakridge and they invited me to go ,but my son had a lot of home work so i didn't go.i would like to go ride with the group some time and was wondering if they had a mounthly print out of all the places they are going to eat and ride to.

p.s krid i will give you props your better half is very prity, but i still have to take a few points away because she is with you lol. just playing your a really cool dude and im very lucky to have met you all from up north.

·
Registered
244 Posts
OK, I quit. Folks are taking shit wayyy too serious.:deadhorse
I agree. It's all these people on FZ6's. They are all uptight. I think we are starting a new stereotype. :hide

I'm just playing.:banana

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,245

Ding, ding. We have a winner! :high5

You guys ever wonder about the people who never post or even join the site because they read all the bitchin about who does what or who doesn't do something else? Years ago I quit riding with a group of guys because I got sick of the egos and attitude and rode solo for a number of years after that. Lets not keep new guys from joining up because of the same. I like riding with each person here, and each for a different reason.

All I have to say is just hold yourself to your own standard and let others have their own. We all spend our time the way we want/need to.:hmm

BTW I'm liking the new smilies..... ha
i'm with you man and i wanted to post some of the new ones as well:agree

:bdayb :matrix

what's all the harley stuff about anyway?

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
I agree. It's all these people on FZ6's. They are all uptight. I think we are starting a new stereotype. :hide

I'm just playing.:banana
shooooooot! your 650R brother got that whole thing started! :nutkick

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Glen, its sad to say but I haven't been to a GW meeting in about 2 years. From what I hear it's not the quite the same as when I was attending. I might be completely wrong, but I honestly doubt that I'll start going again. I'll shoot you a PM with a link to the news letter.

buddy, have you ever cruized the FZ6 sub forum here? It's not a stereotype. haha Some of those dudes never leave that cave. :horse

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
shooooooot! your 650R brother got that whole thing started! :nutkick
I don't have the 650r anymore. I traded it for a ZX6R got tired of it by the afternoon, bought a 10R which only kept my interest for about 100 miles so I traded it for the 14R. Wayyyy too big and fast so I got a Concours. Needed a few more HP's so I traded that for a BMW SS1000.

Decided the insurance and payments were too high and didn't like how the bike fit me so I am back to the 650r.

Just messing with ya Glen. :lao

PS I accomplished all that in one day. :leaving

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
I don't have the 650r anymore. I traded it for a ZX6R got tired of it by the afternoon, bought a 10R which only kept my interest for about 100 miles so I traded it for the 14R. Wayyyy too big and fast so I got a Concours. Needed a few more HP's so I traded that for a BMW SS1000.

Decided the insurance and payments were too high and didn't like how the bike fit me so I am back to the 650r.

Just messing with ya Glen.

PS I accomplished all that in one day.
:dramaq gotta keep stirring the pot don't ya? :wait

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
:dramaq gotta keep stirring the pot don't ya? :wait
Unfortunately, I see Glen nearly every day so I get to give him crap both online and in person. :itsok

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't think you are ever going to succeed in classifying anyone into one particular category, unless that category is mutually exclusive and valid. I think both the categories of 'Sportrider' and 'Harley Rider' are a perfect example of such misunderstanding and branding.

I really do not care what you ride, as long as you got two wheels, a friendly personality and enjoy your times on the bike no matter the skill level or pace. Anyone who argues the opposite does not know me very well.

Im all about the experiences a bike can give me, and most of my best memories were from the days were I was limited to riding a 50cc moped :eek:nfloor. But that moped was how I got into riding and the possibilities that came with that ownership has probably made me take up riding again after a number of years of abstinence.

I will ride anything once, but I have my preferences to what I want myself and what I would like the bike to do for me. Just because my bike isn't the same as yours doesn't mean jack - and I will wave to anyone who shares that philosophy :beach

·
Registered
623 Posts
I will ride anything once, but I have my preferences

don't say that to loud Vade Diablo because tj just might take you up on that offer lol. well i may go to a few gw meetings just to see how they ride. im looking for a group to take the wife out with and maybe my son. dont need to do 100 plus with either of them on the bike with me. and i may get drur to go check it out to since he has a cruiser now.
i know a few of the people in the group and im all ways looking for more people to ride with. they may not ride sport bikes, but they may know a few people who do that they could send our way. im not a die hard sport bike rider only i like to ride with just about anybody as long as they ride safe and leave the beer at the bars not on the bikes.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
i just wanna fuckin ride ffs ! and not with scooters ..im sorry i gotta draw a line somewhere lol....

thats it plain and simple i wanna ride!

im tired of ppl bitchin about everything and thats sayin something if u know me cause thats all i do lol.

its gettin warmer outside lets start thinkin of puttin a new ridin season ride together. i never ride with anytone cept glen dru and tj....id really like a big outting atleast once this year...(i didnt wanna say anything but this might be my last year to live and all i want is a nice turn out for a ride...) lmao! ok it isnt that bad :p

lets just be happy we have something to ride and a group that wants to ride :)

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
i just wanna fuckin ride ffs ! and not with scooters ..im sorry i gotta draw a line somewhere lol....

thats it plain and simple i wanna ride!

im tired of ppl bitchin about everything and thats sayin something if u know me cause thats all i do lol.

its gettin warmer outside lets start thinkin of puttin a new ridin season ride together. i never ride with anytone cept glen dru and tj....id really like a big outting atleast once this year...(i didnt wanna say anything but this might be my last year to live and all i want is a nice turn out for a ride...) lmao! ok it isnt that bad :p

letas just be happy we have something to ride and a group that wants to ride :)
I'm riding Sunday morning because I am a heathen. What say you? 8 or so? :smilierr

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will ride anything once, but I have my preferences

don't say that to loud Vade Diablo because tj just might take you up on that offer lol. well i may go to a few gw meetings just to see how they ride. im looking for a group to take the wife out with and maybe my son. dont need to do 100 plus with either of them on the bike with me. and i may get drur to go check it out to since he has a cruiser now.
i know a few of the people in the group and im all ways looking for more people to ride with. they may not ride sport bikes, but they may know a few people who do that they could send our way. im not a die hard sport bike rider only i like to ride with just about anybody as long as they ride safe and leave the beer at the bars not on the bikes.
Glen this goldwing phase will not last long, the only thing them boats are missing are sails. face it, the only person u like following is iroc. :leghump

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I don't think you are ever going to succeed in classifying anyone into one particular category, unless that category is mutually exclusive and valid. I think both the categories of 'Sportrider' and 'Harley Rider' are a perfect example of such misunderstanding and branding.

I really do not care what you ride, as long as you got two wheels, a friendly personality and enjoy your times on the bike no matter the skill level or pace. Anyone who argues the opposite does not know me very well.

Im all about the experiences a bike can give me, and most of my best memories were from the days were I was limited to riding a 50cc moped :eek:nfloor. But that moped was how I got into riding and the possibilities that came with that ownership has probably made me take up riding again after a number of years of abstinence.

I will ride anything once, but I have my preferences to what I want myself and what I would like the bike to do for me. Just because my bike isn't the same as yours doesn't mean jack - and I will wave to anyone who shares that philosophy :beach
There is a certain "snob factor" that is involved with the ownership of a BMW. (at least according to Danny):loveyou

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Dirk, on a serious note, what types of HP gains can typically be obtained with a Power Commander? Does it really make that much of a difference?

Are there other less expensive ways to achieve the same results?

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Glen this goldwing phase will not last long, the only thing them boats are missing are sails. face it, the only person u like following is iroc. :leghump
TJ, you're just jealous that Glen is chasing Danny and you can't catch him. :hide

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Dirk, on a serious note, what types of HP gains can typically be obtained with a Power Commander? Does it really make that much of a difference?

Are there other less expensive ways to achieve the same results?
it depends on several factors, really. The make and model of the bike and what modifications have been done being the top two.

On all EFI yamahas, there is a built in tuner that has to be unlocked through a ground wire somewhere on the bike. Then, on bikes with a digital display, you can use the select and reset buttons to adjust your fuel level.

On 2007 and older Victorys a dealership who knows what they are doing can tune using Polaris's Digital Wrench software making electronic adjustments to the TPS.

Some other bikes have other ways to simply be remapped. I know the ZX6 (636) had a wire you could ground and it would change from the stingy US EPA map to the Euro map. Likely there are tricks like this for most bikes.

Yamaha's official stance on power commander's is that unless you are running a seriously built race motor, their EFI is good enough to compensate. We have found that to be true.

A power commander does give a lot of adjustment and the ability to fine tune beyond what is, in my opinion, necessary. I have my cat removed and a very free flowing exhaust, race air filter and am tuned using the dyno and CO mode (Yamaha's onboard system). If you look at my exhaust tip, I am running a bit rich, not lean like most people fear.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you have more questions.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Dirk. Several folks on the Vulcan forum have said you really need to open the intake side of the engine before you start messing with anything else.

It is amazing how little HP is produced by a V-twin. You pointed that out recently with your example of the "new" Wide Glide.

3241 - 3260 of 4460 Posts