Sport Bikes banner

3221 - 3240 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i did a 480 mile ride today. road around local then headed out towards 11 point off highway 60 then i bought fuel and headed back home. on the way back once i left the gas station i ran the bike up to 90mph and held it there other than the 120 bursts from time to time and i made it home with 160miles and one bar still to go on the tank of gas. so i put 3.2 in the tank and at 90 mph plus i still got 50mpg. thats just cool. i did get the bike up to 145 on the read out and i dont have a speedo heeler so i was at 137 to 140 real speed if i was guessing and she was just as smooth as could be. i have put 1100 miles on the new bike in 2 weeks and 480 of them were just today. im really getting to like this bike all over again and i love the blue over the red any day.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
well i did a 480 mile ride today. road around local then headed out towards 11 point off highway 60 then i bought fuel and headed back home. on the way back once i left the gas station i ran the bike up to 90mph and held it there other than the 120 bursts from time to time and i made it home with 160miles and one bar still to go on the tank of gas. so i put 3.2 in the tank and at 90 mph plus i still got 50mpg. thats just cool. i did get the bike up to 145 on the read out and i dont have a speedo heeler so i was at 137 to 140 real speed if i was guessing and she was just as smooth as could be. i have put 1100 miles on the new bike in 2 weeks and 480 of them were just today. im really getting to like this bike all over again and i love the blue over the red any day.
I was coming back from Branson this afternoon and some idiot came flying by my vehicle at 125 MPH! It was a blue FZ6. :eek:mg

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Do you know why Dunlop puts "Harley Davidson" on the side of some tires ? They are made for low usage and they don't want them to get mixed up with the good high mileage tires.

Do you know why Harley mechanics are always busy and working lots of overtime. Because they are "Harley mechanics".

True story.

Near the end of the Cherohala, there's a shop where they have a sluice set
up and you can pan for gems, etc. They sell you bags of dirt. This 10 year
old girl said to her grandfather, "Grandpa, can you get me another dirtbag?"
and he said, "I think they're out of them", and I said, immediately, "don't
worry, there will be another Harley coming around the corner any time now."

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do you know why Dunlop puts "Harley Davidson" on the side of some tires ? They are made for low usage and they don't want them to get mixed up with the good high mileage tires.

Do you know why Harley mechanics are always busy and working lots of overtime. Because they are "Harley mechanics".

True story.

Near the end of the Cherohala, there's a shop where they have a sluice set
up and you can pan for gems, etc. They sell you bags of dirt. This 10 year
old girl said to her grandfather, "Grandpa, can you get me another dirtbag?"
and he said, "I think they're out of them", and I said, immediately, "don't
worry, there will be another Harley coming around the corner any time now."
You rag on Harley riders alot, I hope your are mostlly joking!! :)

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
You rag on Harley riders alot, I hope your are mostlly joking!! :)
I probably don't rag on them anymore than they rag on sport bikes or metric cruisers. It's all in good fun. :hide :)

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I do! Harley riders suck

I will say that MANY Harley riders are either posers or just flat out scum buckets. It's funny seeing the $20,000 Harley out in front of the $15,000 single wide trailer.

They walk around in their foreign made Harley clothes and ride bikes with many foreign components on them all the while talking about how they "buy American". Damn joke really.

·
Registered
623 Posts
look im so fucken tired of people bitch about what every body rides. really! instead of bitchen get on your damn bike and ride. not pointing fingers but get over it. it seems like every one is just trying to piss some one off. if we had half as many guys rideing there bikes as we do writeing on this form then maybe we could have a nice group ride. maybe brian had the rite idea to just get the hell off the form for a bit.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
look im so fucken tired of people bitch about what every body rides. really! instead of bitchen get on your damn bike and ride. not pointing fingers but get over it. it seems like every one is just trying to piss some one off. if we had half as many guys rideing there bikes as we do writeing on this form then maybe we could have a nice group ride. maybe brian had the rite idea to just get the hell off the form for a bit.
Did you ride to work today? How often do you ride during the week?

Get over it Francis. :hide

Besides, you know damn good and well that the fucking Harley riders rag on metrics and sport bikes all the time. Turn about is fair play!

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
And there is nothing preventing you from leaving the forum.

Sorry but I ride just as damn much as you do.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i have a few buddies that ride harleys who are very nice people and they could careless what you ride as long as you have fun and are safe so to say every one who rides harleys are dirt bags is bullshit. just would like to make that clear.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
i have a few buddies that ride harleys who are very nice people and they could careless what you ride as long as you have fun and are safe so to say every one who rides harleys are dirt bags is bullshit. just would like to make that clear.
Of course all HD riders arent dirt bags. That is just a stereotype which is a grouping together of a people group based on one similar fact. That is like saying "All black people like fried chicken" which isn't true, but based on some truth. There has to be a repeated occurrence among the victim of the stereotype in order for it to be universal. Another stereotype is that GSXR riders are t-shirt and flip flop wearing squids. Not universally true, but based on some fact.

·
Registered
623 Posts
kinda like krid is a homo. not universally true, but based on some fact :0). sorry i couldnt pass that one up. hell you set it on the tee and i was going for the fence. i get that every one is just haveing fun, but it gets old and i would just like to see more guys talk about the rides they would like to go on or set some up to try and go on. drur said april 25th is blessing of the bikes over at baldknobb in il. i think it's the last sunday of the mounth. last year drur,danny,tj,and myself went and would like to see more guys able to make it. randy if you could get a baby sitter or maybe even take your son that would be really cool. i know you dont get to ride much.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
kinda like krid is a homo. not universally true, but based on some fact :0). sorry i couldnt pass that one up. hell you set it on the tee and i was going for the fence. i get that every one is just haveing fun, but it gets old and i would just like to see more guys talk about the rides they would like to go on or set some up to try and go on. drur said april 25th is blessing of the bikes over at baldknobb in il. i think it's the last sunday of the mounth. last year drur,danny,tj,and myself went and would like to see more guys able to make it. randy if you could get a baby sitter or maybe even take your son that would be really cool. i know you dont get to ride much.
aw comeon Glen, that doesn't even follow the definition of stereotypes unless you know a whole lot of guys named "krid." Besides, you are one of the few on here who have met my supermodel of a wife. I did goooooooooood.

I will probably be going to the cross on the 25th. Went last year and in 2007. I went later in the day than you guys last year.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey ya seen me fuck up some chicken, the shit is good. honestly i can see myself on a chopper when am older. I love bikes period. I wave at everyone, the people we should be ragging on are those on four wheels. I do feel that there is a lot of talk on forum and not a lot of riding going on. Count on me to be there for the blessing of the bikes and any other rides that arise. But i do understand they ppl on this forum do have families, jobs and other hobbies (GUNS). So we should just let things ride out, if they do want to ride, ok. they don't. watever, i kool with who can show up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My father and several other familly members and friends ride HD's, and arn't dirtbags! Most arn't! They don't have trailers, but I agree a few give the whole a bad name. Just like the Tard on a sportbike doing 120 on 1 wheel passing people down the interstate give us a bad name. No difference! It does get old, and the Harley=Dirtbag strikes a close nerve! I love to work on bikes, ANY bike! I have worked on my dads a bunch! I am not mad, and figured Drur was just pokeing fun, but wanted him to clarify before others read this, and think he is serious! Can't we just love bikes, and not be a poser, or HD, or Metric? Lets just enjoy our bikes whatever they are! You Know Drur, ur now the closest thing we have to a HD rider! ;)

P.S. I wave at anyone on a bike when I'm riding, and 90% of HD guys are kewl and wave back! :)

3221 - 3240 of 4460 Posts