Sport Bikes banner

3181 - 3200 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good luck! I won't knock cruisers. I could never own one as an only bike, but after riding a few, I see the appeal of them. It was kind of nice for my stubby legs to reach the ground.:eek:nfloor

Glad to see you're keeping the Ninja though too.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Good luck! I won't knock cruisers. I could never own one as an only bike, but after riding a few, I see the appeal of them. It was kind of nice for my stubby legs to reach the ground.:eek:nfloor

Glad to see you're keeping the Ninja though too.
My Ninja is a great commuter bike and does decent in the twisties so I see no reason to get rid of it. I wouldn't want just a cruiser at this point in my life although I am sure that will change in the future.

This bike is also for the benefit of my wife who for obvious reasons, isn't really comfortable on the back of the Ninja. Having the hard bags and the Mustang seat with both rider and passenger backrests will make it easy to take long weekend trips to get away from the kids....:cheers

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,183
that's not bad

It is in immaculate shape. The guy was a distance rider and completed a bunch of Iron Butt runs.

Should be able to get around 100,000 out of it before a rebuild.
it takes awhile to get 25,000 miles on a bike and rebuilding a motorcycle motor shouldn't be to bad. heck if motor or trany did go out, you should be able to find one on ebay or something for a good price.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
it takes awhile to get 25,000 miles on a bike and rebuilding a motorcycle motor shouldn't be to bad. heck if motor or trany did go out, you should be able to find one on ebay or something for a good price.
That was my thought also. It's going to cost me about $3800. Not bad for a bike that is in perfect shape and has the accessories it has. The bike stock was over $12,000 new.

The Mustang seat with backrests is over $600 alone not to mention the nearly $500 for the Cobra pipes. The sucker sounds mean.....my neighbors are going to hate me. :boink

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,185
///

That was my thought also. It's going to cost me about $3800. Not bad for a bike that is in perfect shape and has the accessories it has. The bike stock was over $12,000 new.

The Mustang seat with backrests is over $600 alone not to mention the nearly $500 for the Cobra pipes. The sucker sounds mean.....my neighbors are going to hate me. :boink
the one good thing is that if you don't like the cruiser thing you really are not going to be out alot of money too.

sounds like your going to get a fair deal. i looked it up on KBB and retail is 6999. the bike does have twice the average miles so 3800 seems in line.

good luck man,:cheers

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i checked on my insurance today on the fz-6 and with a 250/250 dedut im paying 25.91 a mounth or 310.92 a year. i was paying 35 or 420 a year on the fjr1300. well lower fuel plus lower insu meens more time on bike. just another reason to love a 600.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well if nobody is up for rideing this weekend then maybe we can head out to the range to shoot some firearms! we would more than likely get a b***** turn out on a gun trip than a bike trip.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,190
that's funny man

well i checked on my insurance today on the fz-6 and with a 250/250 dedut im paying 25.91 a mounth or 310.92 a year. i was paying 35 or 420 a year on the fjr1300. well lower fuel plus lower insu meens more time on bike. just another reason to love a 600.
i pay the same for insurance that you do for my FZ1.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,191
yes

well if nobody is up for rideing this weekend then maybe we can head out to the range to shoot some firearms! we would more than likely get a b***** turn out on a gun trip than a bike trip.
i will be at the range (apple creek) for sure this weekend. i don't think that i will be shooting anything other than the savage, but who knows i might run across some cheap pistol ammo. :ar :mg

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I'll be in Branson this weekend. Spending alone time with my wife at a bed and breakfast for the weekend sounds better than riding....although I am considering taking the bike. If the weather looks good, it will be a go.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
It's official.....I now own a cruiser. When are we going on the next Iron Butt run???

It rides very nice, turns great and has a nice sound. Not too loud but you know it's there.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Glen didn't like the Scorpion pipes at 80 MPH down the interstate. Vehicles were melting as he went by. Too damn loud, so we replaced it with the stock pipes. Much better now.

The neighbors said he could come back.

If you want some Scorpion pipes.....gohere.

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
Glen didn't like the Scorpion pipes at 80 MPH down the interstate. Vehicles were melting as he went by. Too damn loud, so we replaced it with the stock pipes. Much better now.

The neighbors said he could come back.

If you want some Scorpion pipes.....gohere.
speed limit is only 70....

3181 - 3200 of 4460 Posts