Sport Bikes banner

3121 - 3140 of 4460 Posts

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
also on a side note.....i sent out a spam text to get pics of ppls bikes....dru was the only one that sent me a pic.....slackers
happy now, Danny?

(I sent him like six separate picture messages with pics of my bike :banana )

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Oh you'll see soon enough. You'll be one of the first to see it all.
Yes, I want to see also. Since you and I have the same crappy bike :), I am interested in your mods.

I would like to put a Two Brothers exhaust on my bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That was a lot of reading to catch up on, lol. I appreciate all the input towards my post guys, it's very helpful!

I would really like some more power, but I think I'm going to wait a little while still. I will consider that FZ6 krid was talking about tho, if it's still around.

I did some checking, and insurance on the 2009 FZ6 is around 2k a year, and the ninja 650R is around 1,500. Full coverage of course. but I only pay $171 for liability on the bike I have now.

My only worry with a 500, is that I will outgrow it quickly and regret not going a little larger. Right now my top speed is ~65, lol. (Don't get the wrong opinion, I'm not wanting a b***** bike to get it up to high speeds, but mainly so I can go 55 without being practically full throttle in 5th gear)

So I'm debating keeping my bike for now (very cheap insurance) and putting some money into a second mustang I have to make it a street/strip car.

Or putting that project off, and getting a b***** bike now... I'm leaning towards the project car as of now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I kinda like 'em also. Good bang for the buck.

Krid, no offense intended but you are like any other person who is in the business in that you would defend/talk up whatever brand of bike you happen to sell.

The fact of the matter is that every major manufacturer of motorcycles makes a good product for the most part. Sure there are individual models that may have above average problems but every manufacturer from BMW to Yamaha experiences this. A little research can reveal which models have the most problems and all you have to do is avoid them.

Do some research and buy whatever appeals to you most. Make a list of potential bikes and check the insurance rates BEFORE you buy.

Either the FZ6 or the 650r would make a good bike to start with.

Considering your age (and I assume you aren't very large) I would look at the Ninja 250r. Insurance would be much cheaper and they hold their value VERY well.
I'm about 5'10" 135lbs, so I'd say in the small range, lol.

I've thought about the 250r a while back, but insurance isn't much cheaper for it, still about 1,200 I believe, and I'm worried It will be lacking power too much, as with the 200 I currently have.

I'm not a squid, but I'm am not experienced. I do feel that I learn quickly, and am pretty responsible for most teenagers. (if that helps any, lol)

·
Registered
623 Posts
i pay 35 a mounth for full coverage with a 250 out of pocket. yes im 30 with a wife and kid but 2k fuck that. buy a 10 speed and call it good. thats just messed up. and as far as the used fz-6 it is sold. im buying it wendsday night if my other bike is bought back on tuesday. moving back to my roots again. i like the fz-6 the best out of the last 6 or 7 bikes i have had. i lost count and dont care to go back throug the form to count all of them. so if everything gose as plan i wil;l be on a blue fz-6 this summer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just wanted to stop by and say hi now that Im back on Sportbikes. Hope you all have been doing well and I heard that Glen bought a new bike..? Is he on a Beemer, or back on a FZ? What's the deal Glen? I think Glen needs to get his own dealership - it would save him a bunch of money, lol.
Volken, aka Vade Diablo

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,140
welcome back volken. as far as glen goes you guess is as good as mine. i know he stopped by my house with a new beemer and now he's talking used fz6,

3121 - 3140 of 4460 Posts