Sport Bikes banner

3061 - 3080 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I liked the first one. imma going to go head and estimate the cost of this trip $800-$950. would say about seven days (medium pace)to complete?
There is no way that would be a "medium pace" in 7 days. That is averaging just under 900 miles a day. That would be freaking miserable. I've done 800 miles in a day and I was exhausted, and to do that 6 more days after that wouldn't be any fun at all.

I understand that people do 1000 miles in 24 hours for the Iron Butt, but they don't do it day after day after day typically.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
There is no way that would be a "medium pace" in 7 days. That is averaging just under 900 miles a day. That would be freaking miserable. I've done 800 miles in a day and I was exhausted, and to do that 6 more days after that wouldn't be any fun at all.

I understand that people do 1000 miles in 24 hours for the Iron Butt, but they don't do it day after day after day typically.
true dat!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Man you guys didn't tell me you all won the lottery and are now rich and ate going to take off and ride around the u.s.a for the summer. I would have gone I'm half if you guys would of let me. Maybe I could sell some stuff and be rich to if only for a day

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Man you guys didn't tell me you all won the lottery and are now rich and ate going to take off and ride around the u.s.a for the summer. I would have gone I'm half if you guys would of let me. Maybe I could sell some stuff and be rich to if only for a day
far from rich, Glen, just frugal

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,036 Posts
at those paces you are doing all highway, you could stay in your own state for that.
Stealth camping is the best. I did a 53 day trip.

·
Registered
241 Posts
umm.. i dont know about the stealth camping. Have ya ever seen Easy Rider? Also at night in the desert is gets REALLY cold. I can see if we hit a big city stay in a hotel and for smaller towns a camp site. maybe one night of stealth,but we will be in cowboy country and im not trying to have any problems, ya dig?

just for fun, on that map you provide of the loop, it said it would take 80 days to walk it.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
umm.. i dont know about the stealth camping. Have ya ever seen Easy Rider? Also at night in the desert is gets REALLY cold. I can see if we hit a big city stay in a hotel and for smaller towns a camp site. maybe one night of stealth,but we will be in cowboy country and im not trying to have any problems, ya dig?

just for fun, on that map you provide of the loop, it said it would take 80 days to walk it.
Agreed. I don't mind camping, but not every night.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,077
just a cheap tasco 3x9x30 i think it's called a silver antler. it works really we for shooting 25/50/100 yards. it was on my marlin

·
Registered
217 Posts
Picked up a M&P 40 fullsize at the gunshow today to go with my M&P 40 compact. I have been a pretty diahard XD fan, but I love these M&P's. This one has a laserlight on it, and is now my nightstand gun. I have a gunvault Multi dx comming for next to my bed also. Nice gun undertow, let us know how she does!

3061 - 3080 of 4460 Posts