Sport Bikes banner

3001 - 3020 of 4460 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
What the hell is the deal with all these cheap piece of shit Chinese scooters and motorcycles being sold lately? The damn things are everywhere.
I also bought a chinese dirt bike about two years ago from a friend, they are kind like when the whole razor scooters came out, just a fad. i even saw a old lady riding one in the streets up here. plus times are hard and those vespas aren't cheap.

oh drew are u still thinking of purchasing that touring Kawasaki or the speed triple?

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
I also bought a chinese dirt bike about two years ago from a friend, they are kind like when the whole razor scooters came out, just a fad. i even saw a old lady riding one in the streets up here. plus times are hard and those vespas aren't cheap.

oh drew are u still thinking of purchasing that touring Kawasaki or the speed triple?
Nikki (mi esposa) and I went to Donelson Cycles in St Louis on Saturday and looked at a Triumph America.

I really want the Speedmaster but her ass was sliding right off the back of the bike when she sat on it. Oh well, marriage is one big compromise.

I am not going to get a sport tourer until the kids get older so Nikki and I can take trips together. Until then, we want a cruiser but I sure as hell don't want a Harley.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
a cruiser??? seriously?

try these:
Yamaha Raider or Vstar 950 or 1300

Of course there is Victory too.
Yes a cruiser but I am not getting rid of my bike. Victory? Love them but way outside of my price range. A Japanese cruiser just looks like another Harley.

The Triumphs have a unique engine in the parallel twin and a long history in bikes. Would love to have a new Thunderbird but once again, more money than I want to spend.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Yes a cruiser but I am not getting rid of my bike. Victory? Love them but way outside of my price range. A Japanese cruiser just looks like another Harley.

The Triumphs have a unique engine in the parallel twin and a long history in bikes. Would love to have a new Thunderbird but once again, more money than I want to spend.
does it have to be new?

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
does it have to be new?
Not necessarily. I would want at least a 2009 since they started using fuel injection so that kind of limits the possibilities with a used bike right now.

Donelson had new 2007, 2008 and 2009 Triumphs in stock. Not a good situation for them but it sure leaves some room for negotiations.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Not necessarily. I would want at least a 2009 since they started using fuel injection so that kind of limits the possibilities with a used bike right now.

Donelson had new 2007, 2008 and 2009 Triumphs in stock. Not a good situation for them but it sure leaves some room for negotiations.
That is true. A new left over is often a good deal. We have several used Victorys in stock FYI.

The 60hp Bonneville America is gonna be kinda small for two people don't you think?

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
That is true. A new left over is often a good deal. We have several used Victorys in stock FYI.

The 60hp Bonneville America is gonna be kinda small for two people don't you think?
That HP rating is right in line with all the other 900cc class cruisers out there (Vulcan 900, V-Star 950, etc.)

Granted, it isn't going to light up the tires but my wife would prefer I not do that anyway.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
will your cruiser be able to keep up the pack without trying to kill yourself?
Not getting rid of the Ninja TJ. I just want something that I can take Nikki out on without it damn near killing her.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
By the way TJ, Danny and Glen....I'll be picking up West Virginia next month.:boink

I am going out to Virginia again for three weeks and I am going to trailer the bike out. :neener

Going to visit the New River Gorge Bridge.

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey krid what the hell is up with a 4 year old victory 8 ball for 11000 grand. its 4 years old with over 4 gs on it. is it made out of sold gold. thats nuts i can see like 8500 for it but good luck at 3500 off of msrp. i bet a bank will only loan 7500 on a bike that old. and only go 36 to 48 on term of loan. drur would be better off buying a brand new concours or fjr for that kind of money. have plunty of horsepower,room,and a lot more options.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
hey krid what the hell is up with a 4 year old victory 8 ball for 11000 grand. its 4 years old with over 4 gs on it. is it made out of sold gold. thats nuts i can see like 8500 for it but good luck at 3500 off of msrp. i bet a bank will only loan 7500 on a bike that old. and only go 36 to 48 on term of loan. drur would be better off buying a brand new concours or fjr for that kind of money. have plunty of horsepower,room,and a lot more options.
TJ, the new 8balls have an 8 ball on the front fender.

Glen, it is the paint kit that pushes the price up on that one. It is just an eight ball underneath, but the paint kit is a limited edition Victory Vegas tin set. It isn't a custom paint job, it is a factory custom. Nonetheless, you are right, bank loan value will be low because it won't factor in the custom tins.

We all know I would agree on the FJR. No better bike out there in my opinion.

·
Registered
241 Posts
By the way TJ, Danny and Glen....I'll be picking up West Virginia next month.:boink

I am going out to Virginia again for three weeks and I am going to trailer the bike out. :neener

Going to visit the New River Gorge Bridge.
He said TRAILER his bike out there.:neener

by the way im going to get iowa as soon as it becomes warmer. its only an eight round trip from st. louis.:twofinger

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ohh No, not a FORD guy!

well, I'm not exactly a "Ford" person... A mustang is about the only thing I like from Ford. Lol. Trucks, I prefer chevy :) and cars, well, that just depends on the car I guess.

And yeah, I just tell everyone it's a really off brand bike. As far as I can tell, it's Chinese, and they mostly make atv's and scooters. I'll get a pic of the bike up soon.
I just have the bike now as something to learn on, it looks decent, runs fine, (other than it's a 200, lol) and was cheap :) I plan on buying a new bike in 1-2 years, probably around a 650-750. But that's not set in stone, still learning quite a bit about bikes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
well, I'm not exactly a "Ford" person... A mustang is about the only thing I like from Ford. Lol. Trucks, I prefer chevy :) and cars, well, that just depends on the car I guess.

And yeah, I just tell everyone it's a really off brand bike. As far as I can tell, it's Chinese, and they mostly make atv's and scooters. I'll get a pic of the bike up soon.
I just have the bike now as something to learn on, it looks decent, runs fine, (other than it's a 200, lol) and was cheap :) I plan on buying a new bike in 1-2 years, probably around a 650-750. But that's not set in stone, still learning quite a bit about bikes.
man without any experience i hopped on a fz6 last year. if your just a smart rider and not too crazy, i suggest start on a ninja 650r, yamaha fz6 or a 500. these bikes are very forgiving. My only problems starting out were tickets. DONT try wheelies within six month of owning the bike or you will end up wrecking like i did. just ride the shit of the bike now, learn as much as you can on the two hundo, and will know when you will be ready for a b***** displacement.

Hey guys, im looking at getting that '08 honda from abernathys. i think they want 6595 for it. you ya think i could talk them down as far as 5800-6000 for it if i walk in with the cash in hand?

·
Registered
623 Posts
It is hard to get abernathies to move on there price just because they are so low to start with. If they are asking 7 you may get them to go down a hundred bucks and throw in a tank protected but that's about it. What bike are you looking at from down there. You said a year but not a model.

3001 - 3020 of 4460 Posts