Sport Bikes banner

2901 - 2920 of 4460 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
i would like to see a price tag on both bikes before i would call one better than the other one. it;s all about the cash at the end of the day.
MSRP of the 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 is $15,299 for the ABS version.

MSRP of the 2009 BMW K1300GT base model is $19,150 and the premium package brings it to $22,595.

I'll take the Kawasaki and pocket the change. Might even buy another bike with the difference!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
a couple of years ago I was able to take a Concours out for a nice little ride. I loved everything about it except that it would roast my legs in town and the main thing you saw in the mirrors were the hard bags. They took up the entire bottom half of the view.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
a couple of years ago I was able to take a Concours out for a nice little ride. I loved everything about it except that it would roast my legs in town and the main thing you saw in the mirrors were the hard bags. They took up the entire bottom half of the view.

Those were two of the issues Kawasaki corrected for the 2010 model.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
There is a very good article on the 2010 Concours in this month's Motorcyclist magazine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey gun nuts, I picked up a new toy today! I have had the springfield xd in 9mm .357 sig, and .40, well they have a new xdm out now (I'm sure you guys know this) It was NRA's handgun of the year 2009. It is AMAZING! I got the XDM 9, for its capacity (19 +1), and price/availability of 9mm This thing is a Tac driver, I love it!
Here is a pic from Springfields website.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hey gun nuts, I picked up a new toy today! I have had the springfield xd in 9mm .357 sig, and .40, well they have a new xdm out now (I'm sure you guys know this) It was NRA's handgun of the year 2009. It is AMAZING! I got the XDM 9, for its capacity (19 +1), and price/availability of 9mm This thing is a Tac driver, I love it!

I held one of those not too long ago. With the texture on the grip it feels like there would be no way in hell that it could ever slip from your hand.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Nice weapon, 99 and bcutter you're welcome for the link.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,910

congrats on the gun man. i like the xdm9. i have a xd9 and really like it alot. shoot's great and never had any trouble out of it. a guy that i shoot with has the xdm9 and got a tr***** job on it. can you tell a differnce between the two other than the more ammo and the single recoil spring instead of the double in the xd?

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
it going to be a little wet tomorrow, are we still rolling tomorrow at noon?
I am not going to be able to make the noon ride. Mi esposa has decided we have to finish Christmas shopping so I will go on a solo ride this afternoon.

Being responsible really sucks ass sometimes. :-(

·
Registered
217 Posts
congrats on the gun man. i like the xdm9. i have a xd9 and really like it alot. shoot's great and never had any trouble out of it. a guy that i shoot with has the xdm9 and got a tr***** job on it. can you tell a differnce between the two other than the more ammo and the single recoil spring instead of the double in the xd?
Shorter tr***** reset stock, I may get a tr***** kit, and make it even better, I love the replaceable backstraps, it comes with 3, and the largest one fits me to a T, it comes with a match grade barrel from the factory, and it is more accurate than my previous xd's, The barrel is a half inch longer than the xd service model so i'm sure this plays in tha accuracy also, and the new serrations on the grip work very well imho, my grip on the gun felt VERY secure! A side note on the tr*****, there were a few times that i poped of double taps without really meaning to! I just need to adjust to the new tr*****. I love it! A few more target sessions, and I think it will become my carry weapon!

·
Registered
623 Posts
i carry a glock 30sf that is a 45 cal that holds 10 rounds. it fits my hand well and at 50 yards your fucked. i like the 9mm but if i can get more bank with less rounds then why not. if you cant hit your target with the first 5 rounds then 14 more rounds will not do you a bit of good. thats just how i look at things. plus i showed drur my crimson trace grips on my springfield 1911 45 the other day and man you could see the red dot a city block away. its nuts i can put the red dot on a target farther away than the bullet can go. if that dosen't scare the hell out of some one then they should be shot. and randy i'm not nocken your gun it looks great i just dont want guys to get the idea that if they buy a carry gun it has to have 15 plus rounds in it to be a good gun. just remember extra rounds equals extra weight. if your going to buy a weapon that your going to trust your life or your families life to make shure you have all the facts about it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i carry a glock 30sf that is a 45 cal that holds 10 rounds. it fits my hand well and at 50 yards your fucked. i like the 9mm but if i can get more bank with less rounds then why not. if you cant hit your target with the first 5 rounds then 14 more rounds will not do you a bit of good. thats just how i look at things. plus i showed drur my crimson trace grips on my springfield 1911 45 the other day and man you could see the red dot a city block away. its nuts i can put the red dot on a target farther away than the bullet can go. if that dosen't scare the hell out of some one then they should be shot. and randy i'm not nocken your gun it looks great i just dont want guys to get the idea that if they buy a carry gun it has to have 15 plus rounds in it to be a good gun. just remember extra rounds equals extra weight. if your going to buy a weapon that your going to trust your life or your families life to make shure you have all the facts about it.
Well, trust me, this isn't my first time around the block with handguns! I've prolly had guns chambered in calibers you've never seen in person, and they arn't even that rare/exoctic! I've been buying/selling/trading for 14-15 years! I've probablly had 40 or 50 handguns. I am by no means claming to be an expert, but i do have good knowledge. I have built a couple 1911's that were very accurate, I had a Springfield 1911 chambered in 10mm(most accurate gune I have owned, i wish I still had it! :) ) I had a Ed Brown Bobtail Commander 1911 I carried for a long time, loved it! I've been carring CCW Legally since the day the law finally passed! Most of my handguns have been 45acp, and i LOVE the caliber! My favorite calaber is 10mm,(750 ft-lbs energy by the way) but it is hard to get and expensive. Loaded, 9mm is no sloutch! Federal has a LE +P+ load that puts the 9mm inthe lower range of .357 stopping power. I just bought several boxes of this from Cheaper than dirt. 45 acp energy is between 350 ft-lbs to 500 ft-lbs depending on bullet weight/load ect. This +P+ is 425 ft-lbs! And one company has a +P+ load that pushes the 9mm to 1400 ft/sec 519 ft-lbs of energy, but that is extreme chamber pressures. I'll take the federal load, and the extra capacity! If/when they get the XDM in 45, I'll be the first inline to get one, in the meantime will I trust my life with the XDM 9, ABSOLUTELLY AND WOULDN'T THINK TWICE! All it takes is 1 shot, yes this is true, but in a stressfull life and death situation most people won't be very accurate at all. All that matters is that you end the life threat, wether it take you 0 shots (best outcome) or 10 shots! Well anywho, just my 2 cents!

"if you cant hit your target with the first 5 rounds then 14 more rounds will not do you a bit of good"

Unless you have multiple assalients! ;)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I agree just like the guys to see both sides of the coin. And I do like the xd I have had it I 9,40,&45cal. A 1911 fits my hand the best but the baby glock in 45 was a great buy and a real life proven weapon so I carry it. Any gun in a skilled shooters hand that is cleaned and practises with is a great weapon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yup, shot placement is most important than anything! Hey Gleny, i'm sure you know, but don't run any +P loads through your Glock. I'm sure you werent planning on it though. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
hey im currently in amarillo, texas. i convinced my family to drive out to las vegas from st. louis. its a 23 hour drive. we have to do this ride. there are some nice sights out here. ill check back later.

2901 - 2920 of 4460 Posts