Sport Bikes banner

2821 - 2840 of 4460 Posts

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
Well I like to be able to shoot 50 feet and be able to hit a pie pan. That's about the normal with of the chest area that has all the major organs in it. But with that being said most gun fights happen at 12 feet and you won't even use your sites. This is why it is very important that you get a gun that fits your hand great and you know how to function It blind folded. Any gun in a skilled shooters hands is a very deadly weapon.
100% agree:beer

·
Haga's protege
501 Posts
nice ride yesterday glen and the gravel was a nice touch for sport bikes lol :)

and it was fun watchin TJ scramble to keep up on C today lol

and u guys shoulda seen my wheelie attempt....omg was it hilarious...when i jerked the bars one hand slipped ...i looked like i was flailing my arm swattin at bats lol anyways :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
i met up with bryan at work tonight and we had a laugh a me describing Danny popping that wheelie and his clutch hand slipping. I enjoyed the ride up to perryville, i held my own on C. We scared the shit out of a harley rider while passing, looked like he was going to eject from his seat.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok Houdini, considering you have double the HP and double the engine size you should be able too, but with a couple more miles under my belt i should be able to catch up soon. I think by spring ill be tailing you, in due time bud.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
well maybe you will catch him tj, but why would you ever want to be able to run110 down some back road. 75 to 80 is all i want to be able to do. when you get up in the triples it's very hard to see things in the road like pot holes, oil slicks, dead animals. on the open interstate yah ok i will give you that, but on a two lane back road you can have it. you just increase your odds of being another dumbass rapped around a tree because he took a curve to hot and used both lanes and hit some one head on or shot off the road. to each there own i just don't see the point. and i dont buy the horse power bullshit you are crying about, because slim has the same horse power that you do and can hang with danny if no problems. more horse power equalls more shit to go rong if you don't know how to handle it. in my mind tj your bike should be better than dannys because it's litter and falls into turns better and danny has to counter steer a lot more than you do. more horse power meens the bike will weigh more and be harder to turn.

·
Registered
241 Posts
before a turn i slow down. then roll on. Danny as the skill to just roll on through the turn. but with the acceleration out the turn allows for the b***** bike to be faster no matter the rider. If slim and danny raced, slim(600cc) could beat him into the turn, but danny(1200cc) would come out faster though.
On the last ride, i also became more aware of obstacles in the road. I saw a slow tractor, roadkill, gravel in middle of turns. What we are doing on these county road is so highly dangerous, but thats where the fun factor is. Going down is something that u should be prepared for, but not thinking about it all the time, it takes the fun out of it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I know you have this much

Well maintained bike! Good rubber, clean bike, no leaks of any kind, no parts that can fall off (nuts, bolts, screws tight). No need to remove or tape mirrors, lights, gauges, stands, pegs. Just ride up on a well maintained bike and pass the safety inspection!
Bring your gear!
Jackets will be required. No mesh jackets. A leather jacket is preferred but a tight woven textile riding jacket will be permitted. No rips, tears or heavy abrasions.
Helmets will be required. Full-Faced with shield. No cracks, dents or flaws. It's your head inside!
Gloves will be required. Over the cuff, gauntlet style gloves must be worn. No rips, tears or heavy abrasions.
Boots will be required. Over the ankle style leather boots in good shape. No rips, tears or heavy abrasions.
Pants. Naturally leather riding pants are preferred but not everyone has these. Blue jeans will be permitted. Best to wear 2 pairs. No rips, tears or heavy abrasions.
NOTE: Even if you don't have all the above, you most likely know several who do! Borrow, beg, what ever! This is your chance to get on the track CHEAP!

If you dont have over the cuff, gauntlet gloves I have a old pair that I would loan to you. The boots can be work type boots. They do not have to be race boots for the Test the Track sesions.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i have all of the items that they would like you to have. i thought you had to have motorcycle boots and not every day work boots so that is a plus. i will have to give it a shot ,but it will have to be this spring before i could go do it. so somebody set a time and date and lets shoot for it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
hey good weather on sunday. slim, iroc, gleny, bryan, volken, hydro, undertow, krid, drur should all show up if not busy. probably one of the last weekends of the year to ride.
plus where has Dr. Corona been?

2821 - 2840 of 4460 Posts