Sport Bikes banner

2801 - 2820 of 4460 Posts

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,801 (Edited)
i held the judge and felt that it was a good gun for self defence, but i don't think i would want it. i would buy one for my wife to carry for sure.

drur when you carry in missouri the gun can't be seen right? it has to be concealed right?

·
Registered
241 Posts
well i have to see the prices, i might just go ahead and cancel the trip, although the homies are going to be mad i can get my bt021 rear and front for $214. that not bad.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i held the judge and felt that it was a good gun for self defence, but i don't think i would want it. i would buy one for my wife to carry for sure.

drur when you carry in missouri the gun can't be seen right? it has to be concealed right?
As far as I recall...drur correct me if I am wrong, Missouri is a open carry state, its just that almost every city has laws (City ordinences)against open carry.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
As far as I recall...drur correct me if I am wrong, Missouri is a open carry state, its just that almost every city has laws (City ordinences)against open carry.
We have what is known as partial firearms preemption. What that means is the local governments, according to state law, can only regulate two things; open carry and discharge. Without preemption, stupid ass liberal cities like St Louis and Kansas City could pass ordinances making it illegal to carry, even with a CCW permit. Believe me, they would have done just that.

If we had full firearms preemption (such as Kentucky and Virginia both have) you would not only be allowed to open carry but you can do it without a permit.

Now in the fine state of Missouri, you can be cited for open carry here in Cape but it is legal in Jackson. Makes a lot of sense huh? I am a big advocate of open carry and do so every time I go to Jackson.

I worked with Sen Crowell a few years ago to introduce legislation to bring full firearms preemption to the state. It was introduced, made it out of committee and died on the Senate floor. This coming year and I going to have him attempt it again.

If any of you ever have any questions concerning CCW permits or the carry of weapons in Missouri, please let me know. I am very well versed in the state statutes concerning firearms.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,805
i am going to be takng the ccw pretty soon. i found a class for $50. then you have to take the $100 to the sherrif for the permit.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I'm considering getting something for the house. Not for sure if I'll worry about ccw just yet. I just want it for home, and to go shoot up tin cans. I'm sure you can't beat a short shotgun, but for hand guns what would be more reliable/trouble free/easy maintenance? Clip or revolver? You guys know I don't know crap. :) I've shot a few shot guns, 22 rifles and 22 revolvers out at our farm, but thats about it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well slim this is what i have found to be true with hand guns. revolvers are a straight forward hand gun with very limited things that can go wrong with them. most are either 5 or 6 shots and work either single, double, or both action. single you have to pull the hammer back each time to make the gun funtion. double you have the same tr***** pull every shot like a glock. and one that has both action is like a sig just to name one gun. i like hand guns that are semi-auto that have a mag over a revolver just for reloading perposes. if you haven't tried to reload a revolver under a time crunch then try it and you will see how hard and how long it takes to do so. with that being said they are very good guns and easy to clean, carry, and funtion with out may problems. a semi auto has more moving parts so it requires a little more cleaning and up keep. either one is a great gun if you practise with it and learn how it works and keep it clean and dry. i like 1911's and sigs, and glocks have come a long ways over the years and are very easy to clean and fire. the only draw back i have with a glock is it dosen't have a manual safty on the out side of the gun other than a8 pound tr***** pull. so if you have kids you need a small safe that is easy to get the gun in and out of ,but keeps it out of the kids hands.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,808
semi-autos are reliable and not hard to clean and keep working. i really love to sit down after shooting my s.a. xd9 at the range and break it down and clean it. ammo would be a little cheaper with a 9mm semi then a 38 revolver if you are wanting to shoot cans. i have only shot a few revolvers and to tell you the truth i liked them, but i like the idea of having 16 rounds in a gun vs 5 or six in a revolver. i have shot a 44mag, 357, and a 38 revolvers which the 357 and the 44 can be intimidating to some females. the revolver would be less maintenance and maybe easier to clean up, but semi autos are really easy to breakdown and clean after you do it once or twice. i'm sure glen and drur would back be up when i say that taking care of most new semi autos like the glock or springfeild armory are very easy to clean and take care of.

here's a good link to check out.
Handguns for Home Defense

i have a xd9 and don't have any trouble with it. easy to clean and maintain and shoot. also it's safe being that it has the grip and tr***** safty.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,809
hey glen what do you know abour taurus 1911's. i have been looking into a few new pistols. one being a 1911 and the other for target shooting a ruger mark III. i freaking love 1911's, but the pirce is kind of crazy on them. that's why i'm looking into the taurus pt1911.

·
Taking my time....
536 Posts
hey glen what do you know abour taurus 1911's. i have been looking into a few new pistols. one being a 1911 and the other for target shooting a ruger mark III. i freaking love 1911's, but the pirce is kind of crazy on them. that's why i'm looking into the taurus pt1911.
I have a buddy in the Army who is quite the firearms enthusiast. He has a Taurus PT1911 and absolutely loves it. An equivalent Kimber (same type of options) will run you around $400 more AND it has a lifetime warranty.

I haven't heard anything negative about the PT1911 and they have been producing them for a few years now.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,811
i'm really wanting a 1911, but i also would like a 22 pistol as well for target shooting. i just really need to go put the 1911 on lay-away

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
Krid, how do u i get my hands on some of those giant posters you have on your shop? I need to those.
we sell 8 foot Yamaha banners for $32. The promo posters, I dunno.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ok i take a the 8 ft, but that one with the track r1 and r6 is the shit. i would give top dollar for it. I couldnt find any online either. ill be up there soon.

·
Sport Touring Rider
676 Posts
OK forum, i need to know if we rolling tomorrow because it will determine how much ill drink tonight.
Missed you today, had the last banner in stock at my desk.

·
Registered
623 Posts
well i have to go to a family event so i will not be rideing so u guys be safe. ben i don't know anything about taures 1911's. i shoot a springfield1911 with a 4 inch and it is in 45cal and i love it. i have owned about 30 different hand guns and the glocks, sigs, and 1911's i have found to be the best that fit my hand and my price. i have carried a 9mm, 40cal, and 45cal. i really like the sig 357 that my buddies dad has. the ammo is very high and very hard to find, but it is bad ass. we shot a water melon with my 45 and with his 357. i made it blow apart and just a little bit was left. we shot it with the 45 and it was gone. i meen there was nothing left but a wet spot were the melon was before he pulled the tr*****. it was bad ass. it looked as if a bomb went off and no one made it out.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Gun Q...

What kind of range/accuracy can you expect from different hand guns?

:edit
I guess I should restate that.
Are there certain models that have a reputation for better accuracy than others? I understand that a longer barrel will be more so than a short one.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well I like to be able to shoot 50 feet and be able to hit a pie pan. That's about the normal with of the chest area that has all the major organs in it. But with that being said most gun fights happen at 12 feet and you won't even use your sites. This is why it is very important that you get a gun that fits your hand great and you know how to function It blind folded. Any gun in a skilled shooters hands is a very deadly weapon.

2801 - 2820 of 4460 Posts