Sport Bikes banner

southeast missouri

204K views 4K replies 44 participants last post by  EricV 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome the the SEMO section of the SBN. This thread is here for people to meet and set up rides or just chat about what ever. Got a ride you would like to take and have some company then just post it up. I'm sure a few of or maybe more would be more than happy to join you. Some of us have obligations that will keep us from being able to ride every weekend, but still get out for rides as much as we can.

#5 ·
what about me bitches? :)

hey slim, are you any good at fixing bikes? I can't get my bike to start still and I can't figure it out......if you think you could help....I'd gladly pay for your gas to get up here if you wanna try your hand at it...

#6 ·
All you would be doing is paying me to go on a ride. I can do a little, and "little" is the key word. I don't have enough know how to say "Sure! I'll be right up and whip that shit in line." I kinda read your thread asking for help with it, but didn't go over the details. So that should tell you a lot about my expertise.

I don't mind working on anything on a bike besides the motor/electrical. I did the jet kit on my old zx6r and was happy with that, but thats about as far as I go.

Sorry

#8 ·
we ride about every other weekend

slimjim said:
I know they are out there. Just not on here or don't know about the site. I'm still up for riding any time with you and CM.
we took a short ride this weekend just for a few hours i thought we should have called you. i am willing to ride when ever all you got to do is send a message or something. i hope things are well man

ben

#9 ·
I may not have been able to go anyway. Saturday I was out most of the day with the Goldwing club riding. Once I was home the wife and I took the dog out to my parents farm so I could do a little fishing and let the dog burn off some energy. Sunday we went to a few open houses(I'm so ready to move into a newer home and sell this one), then I went over to my buddies house to change the tires on his bike(my old ZX6R). I took this week off from work, but tonight I have a meeting with a financial advisor(I REALLY don't want to have to work for the rest of my life!) Tuesday & Wednesday I have to look into getting a home loan around 3:30, but I'm free before that. Thursday I'm leaving for TN/NC/Deals gap.:banana

At the moment I'm just going over the bike and getting it ready for the trip.

#10 ·
deals gap? damn man me and chris have thought about heading over there for awile now. are you going to ride or trailer the bike. i hope to ride the dragon before the end of next summer if not this summer. have fun at the dragon man.

#11 ·
Riding with the Goldwing club out there. A couple of years back I asked them that same Question and they looked at me like, How could you even ask that?! We ride!:twofinger

I'm sure it'll be a good time, all we're going to be doing is riding! We're going to hit SC & GA also one day.

#13 · (Edited)
You have to build up to it. You can't just think that you can go for hours on end before you've gone at least a couple of hours straight. When you start running a full tank of gas without stopping and your not fazed by it then you can make a longer trip work.

A few shots from the trip. I'm waiting to see if I can get some pictures from the others that I went with to post a few more. All I can say about Deals Gap is the videos that people post don't come close to showing the changing elevations of corner exits/entry. The first time riding through it to check it out I found a new resect for the guys that run it fast. I only ran it a few times because we had a full days ride ahead of us on all the other roads out there, but if I could spend some time there...... :devil

Attachments

#17 ·
Great, he had a good time too. After we split up from you Mark and I swapped bikes so I could ride his (my old) ZX6R. It feels SO weird now. Tiny, cramped, heavy steering... It's almost like I never owned it. I only rode it for about 10 miles on straight roads though. If I could ride it for awhile on the back roads I'm sure it would all come back pretty fast. He felt odd on the FZ6 too.

#18 ·
rider in Poplar Bluff

Hey gang, This is my first post in this site. I am currently thinking about a Yamaha FZ600. I currently have a '03 1800 Gold Wing, that I go everywhere on. There is a lot of good riding west of P.B. and west of Cape. I will monitor this site more, to see when everyone is up for a ride. Hope to see ya.:banana

bcutter

#30 ·
Hey gang, This is my first post in this site. I am currently thinking about a Yamaha FZ600. I currently have a '03 1800 Gold Wing, that I go everywhere on. There is a lot of good riding west of P.B. and west of Cape. I will monitor this site more, to see when everyone is up for a ride. Hope to see ya.:banana

bcutter
well sorry i didnt catch your post, ben pretty busy lately. but welcome anyways

#19 ·
Welcome:cheers
If you post in the introduction section of the main message board you'll get this >:twofinger It's the standard greating around here, not to be taken offence to.:)

I'm actually a member of local Goldwing chapter I from Jackson. I'm one of the very few that doesn't ride a GW, but it doesn't make any difference. We all like to ride.:)

Yeah, It's nice being just on the edge of the ozarks. West is where it's at!:dblthumb

#20 ·
Watch out,!!!a New Red blur out there

Hey SEMO gang,
I took the big leap and bought an 07 red FZ6, today, :banana at all places; Grassroots BMW**?? They had one that had only 500 miles on it. Someone bought it at Cape Honda/Yamaha, and then traded it in on a BMW 800. He had installed a larger windshild, bar risers, and a Yamaha tail bag. All this for $5,500. I don't think that is too bad?? I rode it around Cape for about an hour, out 177 and back, WOW, this is going to be a fun bike to ride. We need to get together some time. I'm not very fast, BUT I am old, and ugly:neener

Bill:lao

#21 ·
Congrats! Sound like you got a pretty good deal. Grassroots....The last time i talked to anyone down there was with the lady that works there. I was checkin on tires and with the attitude that she gave me as soon as I told her what kind of bike I had, she convinced me to start changing them myself. My jaw almost hit the floor she was so rude, totally blew my mind! The 07s look nice! I'm jealous of your swingarm! I would be more than happy to meet up for a ride sometime. Have you checked your PM's?

#22 ·
New Blue 07 in Poplar Bluff

Hey gang, I Just wnated to let everyone know that the roads are no longer safe. I'm out there. This thing is incrediable. It just leans, and leans, and leans. I'm having to reprogram my turn in points from where I've used on my 1800 Wing. Hope to get together sometime. We'll have to plan something

Seeya

Bill

#23 ·
bcutter said:
Hey SEMO gang,
I took the big leap and bought an 07 red FZ6, today, :banana at all places; Grassroots BMW**?? They had one that had only 500 miles on it. Someone bought it at Cape Honda/Yamaha, and then traded it in on a BMW 800. He had installed a larger windshild, bar risers, and a Yamaha tail bag. All this for $5,500. I don't think that is too bad?? I rode it around Cape for about an hour, out 177 and back, WOW, this is going to be a fun bike to ride. We need to get together some time. I'm not very fast, BUT I am old, and ugly:neener

Bill:lao
New Blue 07 in Poplar Bluff
Ok, which is it?

#26 ·
I live in Cape Girardeau and recently purchased a 2007 Ninja 650r. Love the bike so far and can't wait for spring to get here! Slimjim introduced me to the forum when we met on a "ride" back from Lowes a week or so ago.

Look forward to meeting everyone from the area and going for a ride. Right now, I just go out in the garage and pet my bike each evening and wait for decent weather.

The wife thinks I am nuts.

#29 ·
well welcome my name is chris and im in scott city. slim, ben and my self did alote of rideing this year, your welcome to join us any time you can, looking forward to rideing with ya. I ride an 07 s.e. zx10r. tell us alittle about yourself.

o and I pet mine to, the wife is a little jelous..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.