Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my Fazer the other day.. went straight to the top of the food chain. Here is a pic of my new ride. Sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I'm jealous. Darn! I love my Fz6 for long rides and I can't get myself to trade it in for the R1.... Wahhhhh.. After much debating, I want both, so I'll have to save for the R1. That leaves me no money for the mods on the Fizz.:drool

Nice choice on the upgrade.:cheers Good luck with it. I just have to dream for now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True its not as comfortable as the fazer was, but its not as bad as you would think. Doesnt really bother me at all actually, and if there was some discomfort its soon forgotten when you twist the throttle. :D

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Definitely a beautiful bike.

At least you kept it in the family!

If I had b***** cojones, I'd be all about an R1 as well!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thats my next bike, but i cant trade in my FZ6. Im going to just have to have 2 bikes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just took my Fizzer off the road (for sale in classifieds) and bought a Ducati 749. I occasionaly miss the comfort on a long ride, but the sound and power of this machine is unbelievable and makes it all worth it.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Join the club my friend. A rush like no other!!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
dufrenchy said:
I just took my Fizzer off the road (for sale in classifieds) and bought a Ducati 749. I occasionaly miss the comfort on a long ride, but the sound and power of this machine is unbelievable and makes it all worth it.
May I ask what you paid?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Congradulations!

Coming off an FZ6, I would also jump past the R6, and go straight to the R1. I can only imagine you are going to feel a difference in all dimensions of the bike.

Please report back periodically and let us know how your evolution is going.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Just curious, did you consider the gixxer equivalent at all and what your reasons were for staying with the Yamaha brand?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the swingarm on the R1. Do you think it'll fit on the fz6.
Oh by the way :upyours :) What a sweet beauty and i love the color. Be safe and keep us posted :cheers

·
Registered
777 Posts
My Take

Personally, I'm happy with a comfortable bike like the FZ6. In the many non performance riding situations on the street the clipon bikes get tiring. And, having done the race track thing many years ago, THAT fever is gone...
One thing I find curious is relatively new riders jumping right into liters bikes.
I very rarely see anyone wring out a 600. They have apprx. 100 hp on tap, just higher in the rev range(& less torque) than a 1000. For me a 1000 is just more trouble and having to hit the brakes from higher speeds.
With that said, do enjoy your bike paxtang.
Everyone should be so lucky.
They're not scary to ride. They're only scary when your in over your head.
:)

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Congrats on the sharp, new bike... :cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can only imagine you are going to feel a difference in all dimensions of the bike.
True, even keeping the rpms in the break in range the bike has tons of power.. I can be doing 100mph in the blink of an eye and never get over 6k. Handling is a whole new world as well, smooth as butter.

did you consider the gixxer equivalent at all and what your reasons were for staying with the Yamaha brand?
Never have been a Suzuki fan and all the reviews point towards the R1 as well.
So far I am loving this bike in every way and its only going to get better after break in! :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just go easy for a while and remember to look further into your turns and set up for them sooner. Liter bikes don't lean as easily as the FZ6, I've found, even if they are similar in weight, and you're likely to be carrying more speed into your turns on R1 and you won't feel it 'cause she won't even be cracking a sweat... I've sometimes wished FZ6 had a bit more torque off the line or high-gear roll on situations, but she moves out on the freeway, when dropping down a gear and engine over 8K RPM... enough to keep me smiling.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Actually, the R1 is roughly 50 pounds lighter than the FZ6. It is much more "flickable" than the FZ just because of the geometry of the frame, engine and steering angle. I agree that you are much more likely to come into a corner hotter, but the R definitely inspires more confidence than the FZ in that regard. Regardless, caution is always good :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts