Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian Varner and his family from Ferndale Michigan could use some prayers.

First, he is alive and they have re-attached his foot. His head is stitched and stapled and the first surgeries on his hands are done. His kneecaps were removed in order to clean out the gravel, I don't know if this means they put them back. He is somewhat coherent and has spoken of riding again, this will be far in the future if at all.
Hopefully he will recover from this reasonably complete.
I only have third hand details but apparently he was riding with some friends and suffered a tank-slapper that impacted him into a concrete barrier. His helmet came off causing the trauma to his head, I don't know the type of helmet he was wearing or what other gear he had on.

As usual please be careful, for yourself, family, friends and the rest of us in this small community.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
him and his fam are in my thoughts get well soon.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
My prayers go out for him and his family.

Get well soon.

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
wow, first off i don't mean to be insensitive. but that's disgusting :barf man i hope he gets as good to new as he can. everytime i hear about this sort of thing it reminds me that no matter how careful i am. there are still a lot of things that are out of my control. scares me cause i just got married and don't want to leave my wife behind, or worse yet. take her with me. but i guess that's one of the hazards of the sport. i suppose i could just as likely get in a car accident anyday. oh well... ya do what you can and i sincerely hope he heals up properly.
try to post up more info when you get it.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Man, it sounds amazing that he's still alive.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Glad he lived and will pull through eventually. One of my friends died 2 weeks ago in a crash, his helmet came off also. The trauma to his head was too much and he didn't make it. Your friend and his family will be in my prayers. RIDE SAFE AND WEAR YOUR GEAR.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
he and his family will be in my prayers and godspeed on his recovery

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
man sorry to hear it - my prayers go out to him and his family....

·
Banned
216 Posts
Not enough people fasten the chin strap when they put on a helmet, not saying thats what happeend here but thats what can happen if you forget. I pray for him and everyone on two wheels

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
Will be thinking of him and his family. Sounds like he's got a great attitude, he'll need it. Here's hoping his long road back isn't too long.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts