Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep.... I love my Bryce.. my R6.. but.. most of you all know that the reason I got my bike was to replace my LS1.. (Camaro SS) which i sold back in December, due to lack of (affordable) parking here in my building..

My parents, this entire time, have hated every second of me owning a bike.. and.. up until a week or so ago, never really said anything about it because they knew I would do whatever I wanted anyways... since I own him outright and whatnot..

Well.. while I was up in Atlanta at a HUUUUGE FBody Gathering (read: massive car show that people came to from all over the country..) my dad told me.. that he'd consider getting me another LS1 or LS2 car.. this could mean another Camaro, a Trans Am, a C5 (corvette), a new GTO.. etc.. if I agreed to sell the bike... he then went on to tell me that every time i go out, they just.. worry constantly til I call them when I get home.. which usually isnt until pretty late at night.. and the thought of causing my parents that much worry or grief ALONE would bring me to consider selling my bike..

BUT.. when my dad mentioned getting me another LS1, which is what I used to have.. I had to take some time and seriously think about it.. and.. now, about a week later... I think Im gonna go for it.. I miss my car more than anything.. and.. the only reason I bought my bike in the first place was to sorta make up for not having my car... and yes.. I will miss riding and all that, but I went for a ride today.. and although I loved it, Im constantly riding in fear of other drivers... we all know that you just cant relax when youre out there, because the second you do, something bad will happen...

Id like feedback, but Im mostly posting this just so you all know whats going on...

I'll probably be riding for the remainder of the summer (weather providing..) and will look into getting my LS1/LS2 in the fall... Mainly because the 05 GTO pricing will have come down, and.. I will have around $20k to spend including what I make from the bike...

hugs.. you guys have been like a family to me.. I wanna thank you all for that.. :) but my heart belongs with a V8.. hehe

(oh, of course and if anyones interested in buying my R6, send me a PM..) :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
:idea Ali, have you considered a Boss Hoss - theyr'e made with a V8 motor. We would REALLY miss you riding along with us. :)

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RF-RUNNER said:
:idea Ali, have you considered a Boss Hoss - theyr'e made with a V8 motor. We would REALLY miss you riding along with us. :)
Heh... I wouldnt be happy with a Harley... Im gonna miss riding with you guys.. :) Although as of late, I cant say theres been much group stuff going on.. its been rather lonely, actually.. :(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i have been through 2 stages of the same feelings, and some other stages after friends have dies on bikes, but something just draws me back to the bikes, be it the adrenalin rush or whatnot...

Best advice I can give is, if you dont love it no more then sell it, but if you still love it (riding that is) dont sell it cause you will regret it when you go out and see other people on their bikes

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always love riding in a group.. but.. finding a group to ride with, when I wanna ride, is a bit difficult...

I will always love riding.. however, right now, the last thing I need to do is aide further in the greying of my parents' hair.. I can always get another bike later.. :) PLUS.. my love for the LS1s are far greater than bikes.. probably because Ive been around them longer, know a LOT more about them, and feel much more comfortable driving on 4 wheels than 2.. thats just how I feel, at this point in my life..

I appreciate the words, moto.. :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
It sounds like it is working for greater happiness for both you and your parents. Good Luck seeling your bike, and shopping for your car.

A friend at work just picked up a slightly used GTO. It is red with the red leather interior. Looks pretty sweet, but I would have looked for a C5 in good shape. However, I must say I am biased. I grew up in a Ford family, the only GM I can ever see myself driving is a C5 or newer Vette. Its dumb I know, but kind of funny how it sticks with you.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
You said your parents worry everytime you ride, do you call them and tell them every time you get ready to ride? Said you can always get another bike, are they going to worry less then?

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
WTF?

We will miss riding with you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. :cheers

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chinygyal said:
You said your parents worry everytime you ride, do you call them and tell them every time you get ready to ride? Said you can always get another bike, are they going to worry less then?

Thats not the only reason Im selling.. and no, Idont tell them every time I ride.. in fact, they only know about half the time..I talk to my parents several times a day, and i dont lie to them.. so if im out riding then i tell them.. shrug.. usually I only tell them after I get home though, that i went for a ride..

Why are you being so... defiant about my selling the bike?? :dunno

I went out today and I loved it, but.. at the same time, I didnt.. I didnt really enjoy it.. so.. whichever...

and when/if I get a bike later on, who knows when that will be? Theres really no telling..

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Just wanted to make sure you were not going to regret selling it :(

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awww.. :( Well I know I'll miss riding.. but.. for me.. right now, this is what I need to do.. plus I mean.. I'll be riding up until he sells... so.. we'll see.. :)

hugs.

·
wuka man
849 Posts
you suck :(

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Who will I have to give me the best hug?? :eek:

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
So ya decided to go for it eh?
Good Luck with your decisions and shopping (CTS V.....)
You always know the #
And a bit of advice (second hand not personnal) at license renewal time pay the extra couple dollars to keep the endorsement JUST in case, besides you may have to 'test' drive every once in a while. I spent my motorcycle hiatus bumming rides when I could.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Juggalo said:
So ya decided to go for it eh?
Good Luck with your decisions and shopping (CTS V.....)
You always know the #
And a bit of advice (second hand not personnal) at license renewal time pay the extra couple dollars to keep the endorsement JUST in case, besides you may have to 'test' drive every once in a while. I spent my motorcycle hiatus bumming rides when I could.

I got cho numbahhh!! :D

·
wuka man
849 Posts
get a room dammit :lao

·
Registered
924 Posts
Happy hunting

1 - 20 of 49 Posts