Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow....

had a bad day.

So most of you know that i have not had a working bike in a LONG time. Been rebuilding a Triumph T595 Daytona.

So a few days ago i got it all running nice. Today i finished up the bodywork and took it for a spin. Had no tire gauge that i could find, so i rode a couple miles to get one, the front end felt like crap.

Turns out there was only 25psi in it. Figures.

To the gas station, then- for air.

Going through an intersection, and the fucker cuts out on me. I'm going about 60 at this point.

Rear tire locks up. LOCKS UP. I started for the clutch about the time she died, so it was only locked up for a couple seconds, but it was sliding out from underneath me, because i was pulling the front brake at the time of engine stoppage...

So i coast to a side street and a random dude is letting me keep it there so i can pick it up tomorrow.

Ugh...

I left a skid mark that is WELL over 100 feet long, though. :devil

And i've got three more engines. No big deal there. I'm just curious as to WHY it siezed. It still was full of oil and everything.

I think i may have broken the cam chain or a rod or something. We'll see tomorrow.

And here's a pic of it before the fateful ride....

Attachments

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
That really sucks.
DOn't know anything about Triumphs so can't help you there. Glad you're ok and didn't drop it. Time for a new motor then. You've got 3?!

·
Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty
1,187 Posts
Well, that blows.

Is it leaking any fluids ?

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Wow, that sucks man. Could have been worse though. You had her looking pretty good.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CaptNemo said:
Well, that blows.

Is it leaking any fluids ?

Not a one.

Fluids are totally fine.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stealthy1 said:
Wow, that sucks man. Could have been worse though. You had her looking pretty good.
Actually, it looks INCREDIBLE.

The pictures came out like crap because it's dirty as hell. But it honestly looks AWESOME in person.

Lol....

I'll have another engine in it this weekend, with any luck.

:)

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ApriliaSL said:
That really sucks.
DOn't know anything about Triumphs so can't help you there. Glad you're ok and didn't drop it. Time for a new motor then. You've got 3?!

Come on man, you DON'T?!?!

You never know when an engine is going to randomly seize on you!!

And yeah, i've got three MORE.

one's got a spun rod bearing and one needs a new head gasket, though. One of them is totally good to go, however. It's in another bike, but it's just loose in there and not wired up or anything.

Ugh.... time to pull it out....

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Dang, thats a bummer man. Hope you get it running again soon!

Beautiful bike, Got any more pics?

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i took more pictures....

but they do not do it justice.

I'll take more when i get it home tomorrow and have some sunlight.

The paint is black with blue pearl, so it shines blue under direct sunlight.... the flash ruins that effect and flattens it all out and makes it look kinda ugly.

:)

·
Banned
420 Posts
MUCH prettier in person. :( If only it would behave for a change!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
hope you get things worked out and the bike back out on the road.

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
Sorry to hear. She's a beauty and damn sexy. A seized motor could be a number of things. I won't even speculate. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hate to hear a good project turn bad. I usually expect after any massive rebuild to have to work the kinks out. But a siezed motor is just wrong. Good luck with installing the new engine. and post up some picks when it's done or better with you taking it for a spin. Just don't get discouraged.:cheers The bike does look nice.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
WOW! Kevin shes a beauty, I can tell from the pix thats a looker in person. What a bummer, what had this bike been down for?
Like Spoolin couldnt even begin to speculate allt he things that could have let go. But after you get the other motor in, IF you open this one up let us know.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
hate to hear about the engine lock up but it could have been MUCH worse - like happened while leaned into a right hand turn.

·
Venomous Duck
2,890 Posts
Gorgeous bike man, glad to hear you didn't lay it down. Hope you get her up and running again soon...we almost have riding weather again :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts