• I'd get spanked against 250 class

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself, Pimp636, and The Gov. were having a discussion a couple months ago. Of all the peeps that watch MotoGP here's something to ponder...

Think you guys/gals could win one of those races sayyyy, if they were ridin' the circuit w/ the track wet from rain while you'd be ridin' that same track at the same time but it'd only be dry for you??? Let's take it even farther...

Let's say you were on a litre bike (ZX10, R1, 1000RR, or Gixxer1K) and you ran against the 250 MotoGP class racers. Both in the same dry weather conditions. Think maybe you can outrun those guys???

Personally, I think that I'd get my ass handed to me several times after they pass me slappin'/spankin' (literally) my ass. Whatta you guys think?

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
um yeah, they'd hand me my ass back in the pits after they spanked it on the track. Without a doubt.

·
Plunder, THEN burn!
314 Posts
Hell, I get spanked on the video game! I have been riding a long time, but I have come to the realization that I dont have the REFLEXES that are required to run lotsa laps. I get tired, and make stupid mistakes. One wrong shift, one late brake, you're in the grass.

If you raced as much as these guys, ( and in my case if I were 25 years younger!! :p ), and had the reflexes of racing for about 10 years, then you might have a CHANCE in competing -- wet or dry---.

Oh, did I mention TALENT?! Oops..... I think that rules most of us out. Just because I have opposable thumbs doesnt mean I can MotoGP. But I would love to get out there and just try and follow the trailing guy for a while.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Oh I would definetly get waxed out there, no doubt. It would be a whole lotta fun to run, or at least try, with these guys though.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I don't even wanna think about how bad I would look out there.... I look bad enough compared to some of you guys!

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
So let me get this right....everyone else is riding wet, but my line is dry?? Oh, I'd tear up some 250 ass.....even with the RC!! Dry vs. wet....there is NO comparison.

Gov

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I'd love to try a MotoGP race against the pros. I'd just be aiming not to crash, this way when someone else does, I can say I didn't come in last.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
spanked and spanked again ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Governor said:
So let me get this right....everyone else is riding wet, but my line is dry?? Oh, I'd tear up some 250 ass.....even with the RC!! Dry vs. wet....there is NO comparison.

Gov

No B. You'd be in wet vs. dry conditions against the litre bikes. Against the 250's it'd be dry vs. dry.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I quit racing because of the spankings. All that money, only to see 5th or 6th place?

I do miss the spankings tho.......LOL

Chkn

·
---SNIPER---
183 Posts
I'm sure I would get spanked, however, I went to Jennings in the rain, lots of fun, you would be amazed how good the tires are when they heat up! I was on an M2 front and H2 rear. I'm sure if I was on full wets, I could seriously have some fun. I'll try to post some picks later, the disk is at work!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Everyone on here including me would get destroyed in every way shape and form on any of the bikes in any conditions.

You do realize the fast guys do 1:23's at jennings in the wet and they wouldn't even be able to hold the friggin umbrella for the last guy on the grid of a 250 race.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vizsladog44 said:
Everyone on here including me would get destroyed in every way shape and form on any of the bikes in any conditions.

You do realize the fast guys do 1:23's at jennings in the wet and they wouldn't even be able to hold the friggin umbrella for the last guy on the grid of a 250 race.

I was pretty much thinkin' the same things you were. I'd say if anyone here really thinks that they can win... You need to get onto the circuit and fast :eek: .

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would get spanked so bad, I wouldn't even know I got spanked until the next day when it started to hurt!

Serriously, out of everyone I've ridden with and know, both on and off the track, not one of us could hold a candle to anyone in any of the moto gp, 125, 250, etc., in any condition, on any bike.

For those smart asses, of course im not talking about Rossi on a Pocketbike and us on an R1... Hell, i'm not going to put that past the Doctor though! Seen him tearing it up lately?

I doubt anyone of us could even QUALIFY to sit on the grid with any of the GP guys in any class.

Like it was mentioned above, I been to jennings in the wet and ran in the expert group. Those bastards on the full rains were running 22 and 23's out there like it was nothing. Those guys are running 2-3 seconds faster in the rain, than my best dry condition times! I was on M2/M2 and running in the 30's. It is night and day difference!

You know your not fast when running a mid 20's and then the bastards in the rain are doing 22's!

However, I actually enjoyed running in the rain. Talk about throttle control! One day when I can afford me some rains....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts