Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've ridden a kawaksaki 250 three times prior to buying the 2001 yamaha R6 i just purchased at 5:30 pm today.......So i'm keeping it at my boys house and we take a little spin around the block, me on my r6 him on his cbr f4i. Then i let my lieutenant whos ridden a 250 maybe 50 times more than i have and a 600 one time try out my bike and ride. Ok everythings cool hes whippin it. Later on i let him ride it again.....OH BUT wait my boys hot sister comes out and my dumazz lieutenant feels like showin off. He rips the throttle the second he lets go of the clutch and the bike looks like hes riding a fucking bull! Its jerkin and screechin here and there and i yell "KILL IT" but ohhh no this 140 pound 5'5 guy panicks and tries to handle it and goes flying into the front wall of my boy's neighbors house smashing into it and ripping off the gutter of the house. So theres mad fukking dirt and wood all over the place my lieut is ok ( wasnt wearing a helmet) but my once sexy r6 is hideous now. Since he collided head onto the neighbors wall missing the front door by inches my front cowl ferring or whatever its called looks like it was ripped inside out. Now to fix it its going to cost $600 for the front cowl ferring and the light assembly. Maybe even more since i'm going to get inspected and tuned up again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
shame

this r6 that i bought for $5000(extras) is year 2001, blue and has 3400 miles on it and was mint condition up until today. I will be posting up pics.

I also had the bike for about 20 minutes before it was trashed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Will he help you cover the costs? As for me and my friends, theres the unspoken law that if you cause damage, its your responsibility to fix it back the way it was.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
He needs to be demoted! Have him pay for all the damages. If he doesn't, then give him an Article 15 and have him discharged.

I'm assuming you've learned your lesson now. Never let anyone touch your brand new bike.

You'll get it fixed though and it shall shine once again in its full glory.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ques

one thing that might have caused the freak accident is When we turned on the bike it was idle at like 2.5 rpms, and i think he started to mess with the choke or something to lower it or raise it. Could that have caused the bike to go out of control? Its this little lever on the left handle bar he was playin with. What is that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hams51 said:
He needs to be demoted! Have him pay for all the damages. If he doesn't, then give him an Article 15 and have him discharged.

Not the army lol, i'm in a volunteer fire department.

·
Registered
447 Posts
D3m0n said:
one thing that might have caused the freak accident is When we turned on the bike it was idle at like 2.5 rpms, and i think he started to mess with the choke or something to lower it or raise it. Could that have caused the bike to go out of control? Its this little lever on the left handle bar he was playin with. What is that?
The rider caused the accident not the way the bike idles. The choke wouldn't have done much.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Here are few of my rules:

1. Never, never let anyone ride your bike. Not a friend, brother, cousin, etc.

2. Trust the buddy only to help you work on the things that will not have you end up on your head.

3. Never forget rule #1.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
If he said that he'll take care of it, you're going to have to put him to his word. Gotta keep 'em honest!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
D3m0n said:
Could that have caused the bike to go out of control?
No it was him being an idiot and showing off that caused the bike to go out of control.

lesson learned.....again. DON"T LET OTHER PEOPLE RIDE YOUR BIKE. No one shows respect to others people property.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That sucks dude. Ive got a couple people that will ocasionally ride the bike through the parking lot, only one that I let wheelie and stuff, he's my mechanic. There have been a couple of times, usually after I get down fixing it or making it look good, where I get nervous when he rides it, but before i let him, i remind him not to fuck up my bike, and he doesn't.

even if he did I know he would fix it, hope you get that fixed soon

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would only let a few people ride my bike. I'm positive that all of those people would pay ever single cent if they fucked up my bike. I hope your buddy takes care of your bike. Best of luck, bro. I hope you fix up your bike and get back on two wheels

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
:needpics

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
D3m0n said:
Ok i've ridden a kawaksaki 250 three times prior to buying the 2001 yamaha R6 i just purchased at 5:30 pm today.......So i'm keeping it at my boys house and we take a little spin around the block, me on my r6 him on his cbr f4i. Then i let my lieutenant whos ridden a 250 maybe 50 times more than i have and a 600 one time try out my bike and ride. Ok everythings cool hes whippin it. Later on i let him ride it again.....OH BUT wait my boys hot sister comes out and my dumazz lieutenant feels like showin off. He rips the throttle the second he lets go of the clutch and the bike looks like hes riding a fucking bull! Its jerkin and screechin here and there and i yell "KILL IT" but ohhh no this 140 pound 5'5 guy panicks and tries to handle it and goes flying into the front wall of my boy's neighbors house smashing into it and ripping off the gutter of the house. So theres mad fukking dirt and wood all over the place my lieut is ok ( wasnt wearing a helmet) but my once sexy r6 is hideous now. Since he collided head onto the neighbors wall missing the front door by inches my front cowl ferring or whatever its called looks like it was ripped inside out. Now to fix it its going to cost $600 for the front cowl ferring and the light assembly. Maybe even more since i'm going to get inspected and tuned up again.

What do you mean your lieutenant? You are 18 yes?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I NEVER let anybody ride my bike. Thats like asking to ride my wife both will get you :bitchslap :urowned I didnt even want the dealership to "test ride" it when I bought it. But thats just me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts