Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well yesterday I changed my oil and upon taking the fairings off it really got me to thinking. It seems as if something is bent and making stuff not line up quite as it should. Like the main side fairings act like they are kind of buckled up a little by the gas tank and other reasons like when putting the bolts back in to hold the fairings on its like they don't want to line up perfectly. I know the guy that had it before I did said he lowsided it in a curve on both times. The right side of the bike seem to be the worst side, it wore through part of the fairing and wore part of a bolt head off. I was thinking it might be something on the part that holds the instrument cluster, I think its called the "mainstay". Any opinions?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one have any thoughts on this? Maybe I should of put a title more along the lines of like "Linsay Lohan NAKED" :lao to of got more people to read my post.

·
Registered
496 Posts
If the bike has been lowsided there is a good chance there is a lot bent. Most of the supports for the fairing are just low gauge steel, if you drop 400lbs on it, it's gonna bend. Happened to my 99 zx.

Don't know much I can tell ya, I just delt with it and left it the way it was, didn't look bad or anything. Just a pain when you took the fairings off and then out em back on again. If it's no messing with how it handles or anything I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Tex throtjunky is correct. Your shit is bent if it fell. I low sided on the right side and now the bolts dont line up with the fairings on the right. O well. Im still going to sell this bike in a year for what i paid for it. :popcorn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts