Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a couple days ago I went home to eat lunch with my wife, left the bike outside like usual.

It was a nice day out, but everything else seemed completely normal. Grab my bike keys and open the door to go start it while I put on my gear. And then I see this:

(notice the huge bird shit...this guy really owns this Duc now)

I had never had this happen to me. Look at his attitude. He doesn't give a damn. He just stood there, with his little insolent bird feet, standing on the tail, shitting on "Campione del mondo superbike" like it was his personal post.

From the second picture the bike was running already....he didn't care. A sound that scares women, children and dogs everywhere...he just didn't move one inch.

"Who you lookin' at?"

I'm baffled. Yesterday morning I open the door and he's once again standing on my bike, now on the tank (more shit, thanks)... I'm just really expecting him to be there today.

What can I do? I really don't want to piss on my bike :(

:D

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Bird has great taste for perches!!! He is your personal security system now, imagine what those talons would do to someones face :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What species of bird is that? o_O
It is a "Caracara Plancus" Caracara plancus - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

They are called "caranchos" or "traros" here, and they are fairly common, quite aggressive birds. Not very common to see them in populated areas, but then again, the houses you see on the photos are some of the few here.

He didn't show up today, there has been some bad bad wind.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Haha. I thought this was going to be a 'my bike was stolen' thread.

I'd worry about those talons on your paint job.

Looks like a free meal to me...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha sorry! :D

You get so used to having a browser with one tab in english, the next in spanish, you have to look to notice the difference sometimes.

It seems the paint job is fine, but yes, it definitely doesn't look like the ideal situation for it.

I posted the photos on facebook, and go figure...I just found out a friend who lives a couple blocks away found this bird when it was young and weak. He built a big cage, fed it, took it to the vet, gave it the space so it could learn how to fly, and once big and ready, he let it go. He has a full album of photos of the process. He says it's the same bird

:D small world.

·
Registered
859 Posts
lol. that something i always thought of happening but never knew it would happen.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Prey bird dung is extremely hard to remove, glad the paint job is fine on your bike, but I'd consider getting it inside the garage for lunch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That is awesome dude.....i would feed him some raw meat or something....befriend it.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Thats a great view right there too!
Glad he didn't get pissed off and come at you. I got chased around a gas station by a fucking Hawk in Cameron, Az, on the Navajo Reservation. Don't know what I did to piss him off but after he chased me into the station He sat there on top of the awning where the pumps were, looking right at the doors.

Reactions: uncalcetindelana

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That bird better get some proper gear if he's gonna own a Ducati.

·
Registered
228 Posts

"Who you lookin' at?"

I'm baffled. Yesterday morning I open the door and he's once again standing on my bike, now on the tank (more shit, thanks)... I'm just really expecting him to be there today.

What can I do? I really don't want to piss on my bike :(

He's saying "Not only did I crap on your bike, but I dare you to do something about it punk!" :eek:mg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts