Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to convince my wife that we (I) need a hayabusa. she has never been on one and i was wanting to get her on one. someone help me out on this one. i know that if she got on the back of one that she would be sold to buying one

·
Registered
844 Posts
...Sounds like you have one hell of an up-hill battle ahead of you...Perhaps get two small bikes instead...I'm assuming you've never rode a streetbike before...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hayabusa's are for experienced riders, they are extremely powerful. If you do get one, which I wouldn't suggest you do, I wouldn't let your girlfriend ride on the back until you have plenty of practice riding it. If you have never owned a bike then I seriously doubt you have enough experience to safely handle a Hayabusa. Being 6'10 isn't a valid excuse to buy a bike way beyond your skill level.

Edit- I saw a guy standing outside a convenience store about a two months ago wearing brand new leathers and standing next to a brand new Hayabusa. I stopped and talked to him and he told me he had just got it about a month before that and he just started riding. I watched him almost drop it getting on it and making the right hand turn out of the parking lot so wide he crossed the center line into the opposing traffic lane, as soon as he slowly straightened it out he took off like a streak of light. I wonder how that guy is doing and hopefully he's ok.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hmm. I've been riding for probably close to 7 years. And I won't even start a busa if I'm sitting on it. Fuck that. I've got balls, but I have at least a bit of a reason to live.

·
Registered
398 Posts
+1 to what's been said.

Your bodily size has nothing to do with how much power you should have between your legs. And sure, you've probably hopped on a couple of your buddies' bikes and rode around here and there. But that dosen't sound like the kind of experience that I would deem busa-safe.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
i have rode plenty of street bikes i have just never owned one. i am 6'10" and want a big bike.
6'10"! You work for the Weather Channel right?

I've heard these were good bikes for b***** guys. I can see where you are coming from in a sense. A 600 or a 1000 would be swallowed up under you. I know a lot of guys are saying you need something smaller, but your case seems to be unique. All I can say is if you get one be respectful of the power. Even though you probably weigh more due to your height they can still pull with power to spare.

And as far as convincing the wife. I started riding again about 3 yrs ago and it took me awhile to warm the wife up to the idea. She got tired of riding on the back of mine and decided she wanted to take the MSF and get her own bike. Now she says she wonders why she did not take it up sooner. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hellonwheels

well i tell you what ill get a busa. and let everyone know how it works out for me. i am not some poser who has never rode a bike before and wants the best on the market just to be better than everyone else. i want a bike that is respectable that i can respect. and occasionally smoke any other bike out there! except oklahoma highway patrol. they have 5 tricked out busas for their needs

·
Registered
198 Posts
I see this ending poorly

There are plenty of bikes that will work better than a busa. Everyone who has a busa has it 'because they need it' and not because they wanna try to look cool. And just about all of them do not need it and just have it to look cool. Not to be a dick, but you sure don't sound like the exception. Go get some more miles under your belt and work your way up.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Being that tall... I am not sure even a Busa wouldn't be a torture rack for you..

You probably need to look at BMW's or dual sports.

·
Just hanging brain.
2,686 Posts
6'10"? Since it will be your first bike, you should go all the way and get a turbo-charged Hayabusa otherwise you'll just be dragging your ass all around town. Definitely not respectable. Also, then you won't have to worry about getting a faster bike later once you master the Hayabusa, which should only take a few months.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
V-Strom for the tall, it's like the SUV of bikes... ;)
That's a good choice.

I would seriously look for comfort in choosing a bike. That's why I went with mine and probably why I am going to keep it for quite some time. It made a world of difference in my riding experience over my last bike.

·
Fool of the universe
1,311 Posts
if you're that tall, it's an option but for first bike it's a good chunk... probably for tall riders something like a DR-Z400 SM would be a good first but that's a totally different arena...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts