Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 96 gsxr (in avatar) and I would love to find a pic of the yosh team superbike from that year. Something to show the perspective buyer what the race version looked like from that year. I remember they had a "book of speed" but I googled it, and came up empty. I knew I should have kept that book! dammit!

can someone help me with this? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the effort OEM, I really do appreciate it. I was hoping for a close-up pic of the one that was in the book of speed, or at the motorcycle shows of that year, in the yosh display area of the shows. do you know which one I'm talking about?...it had a #1 on the plate & I don't think it had any other sponsor stickers on it. and those you found look like maybe a '97, not positive though.

thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I dug up some old pics I took at a show in 96. Glad I found them.... this is the look I was going for in modding my bike (rear cowl tapeworks stripes, wheels, etc.) bottom pics are what mine looks like now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Nice pics!! I just sold my '97. It had 750 where your SRAD was.
Of course, I had to take that off!

Nice bike, how much are you trying to get for it? I had a few hits when I put mine up F/S on here but
ended up selling locally.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have it in the cycle trader (Orange, L.A & Riverside counties) for $5,800. I know that may seem a little steep, but it's only got 9,200 miles and lots of "extras". It's had some interest already at that price & a guy is coming over tomorrow to take a look.

(just a copy/paste from the webpage I put together for the sale. LMK if you want a link, it has some more good pics & stuff)

49 state model
Stage 1 Dyno-Jet kit & K&N filter
Marchesini magnesium 5 spoke racing wheels
Dunlop D208 GP tires
Yoshimura stainless steel header w/ carbon fiber RS-3 race canister
Yoshimura magnesium magneto cover
Yoshimura clip-on bars & top triple clamp
Yoshimura frame sliders
Kevlar brake lines (front & rear)
AFAM 520 chain conversion kit w/ sprokets
Storz steering damper
Machined rear brake rotor
Polished fairing stay
Zero Gravity windscreen
Competition Werks fender eliminator kit & pegs
All stock parts (turn signals, passenger pegs, pipe, headers, air filter etc.)
Original wheels which have been powder-coated white (mint condition)
Rear seat & extra Front seat
Aluminum Front & Rear stands
Service Manual

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Nice ride! I got $4400 for my '97 with a some of that same mods. Yours is definitely worth $5800 with all that stuff.
Don't think there's much market for a $5800 nine year old 750 though.
Post up the link, or better yet... put it up in here in the Bikes fo Sale section.
Good luck!

Edit - Already in that section. I'll bump it, for a super clean bike!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks,
yeah I put it in the FS section tonight also. 9yrs old.....damn I would still argue that it's only 8yrs old :flipa but then again, I'm a little biased :leghump
here's the LINK to that webpage for ya.

edit: thanks for the bump bro!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, looks like this old girl is sold. I took a 1,000 (non-refundable) deposit today and the guy's coming over mid-week to drop off the rest of the cash & pick it up. I got $5,600 for it. this was the first guy to actually came see it in person. I'm gonna leave it in the FS section until it's final just in case.

ya know, it's funny.....the guy's brother & all his friends ride bikes (mostly gixxers). his bro doesn't believe a '96 can be worth that much, have such low miles and be so clean....he thinks something's gotta be fishy with it. hell, I have all maintenance records w/ mileages. he's gonna have it "checked out" by someone after he gets it. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I agreed to take it back if anything major is wrong.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Outstanding! Hope the deal goes thru! I believe you are both getting a good deal! Maybe him more than you...
That buyer must understand the value that you have invested in the bike!
Not easy to find a buyer like that. Or an older gixxer like that! :headbang

1 - 14 of 14 Posts