Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
A few have sold on ebay.
It'll be properly decomissioned.
That said, cool A6.
I bet it is covered in graffiti in a month.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
In addition to old prop driven warbirds, few rich guys have an F80 shooting star and a MIG 15 at the airport near my work. I have seen a few light dogfights through my office window.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
A guy I used to know was in his mid-forties back in the mid-eighties. He had been a pilot for TI back in the seventies sometime in the DFW metroplex. Among the planes they had were some P-51 Mustangs. He and another pilot would take a couple up every so often. They would mock dogfight and make strafing runs on the trains. He said the engineers would lean out the windows and pretend they were firing machine guns at him. Great fun was had all around.

He had some interesting stories to tell about flying for Air America.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Well....yeah...
The lack of a bigassed jet engine or two will probably do that.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Well....yeah...
The lack of a bigassed jet engine or two will probably do that.
A better modern comparison would be a F-16 and the P-51. The F-16 is strictly a fighter jet, whereas the F-15 is an interceptor and the F-22 is a fighter/attack aircraft.

Still smaller, but not as dramatic as compared to the picture above.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I may be able to give up motorcycles for good if I fly a stunt plane. And I saw plenty of planes available for the same price or cheaper than an M3 on that site.

May be safer than a motorcycle and hopefully there aren't any police planes in the sky preventing wreckless flying or speeding. I don't know what the laws are but I hope you have more freedom than the highway.

I saw this youtube video of some guy flying his jet over santa monica pier. Heard he violated many aviation laws, but hope it was worth it. Must be the cool uncle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts