Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Mods, just curious why hasn't this been moved to videos like my last video did? No offense to the OP.

But if you're going to move one persons video post out of general shouldn't it be the same for everyone?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
usually. most of us work in the mornings.

I mean, today I don't. it's fucking pouring here and no one feels like running saws and standing on walls in the fucking rain.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
Holly crap that was ass puckering!

That ass deserved to crash.
Don't be so quick to judge..

Was it due to a brake failure/fade? During track days, I tend to experience brake fade after a couple of laps, and its most noticeable on that specific turn (turn#1 at main in summit point) In fact, my last crash was on that turn, 3/4 into the heat, with a brake fade that got progressivley worse and caught me off guard.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
oh yeah, on topic, that guy was a douche.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Holly crap that was ass puckering!

Don't be so quick to judge..

Was it due to a brake failure/fade? During track days, I tend to experience brake fade after a couple of laps, and its most noticeable on that specific turn (turn#1 at main in summit point) In fact, my last crash was on that turn, 3/4 into the heat, with a brake fade that got progressivley worse and caught me off guard.
Okay, but I imagine if my brakes had faded that much, I would have went to the outside. It looked to me like he was trying a hot dog pass.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I knew the guy who crashed, he was there with some buddies of mine. I passed him earlier and I think he was trying to catch up, and I got stuck behind that slow R1. The R1 was braking very earlier and going slow into each corner, so he was probably braking very late to catch up and did not expect me and the R1 rider to be going so slow into the braking zone. I'm not sure if it is apparent from the video but he did make contact with me and the R1 rider in front (just a slightly grazed us). Glad he didn't hit me square in the ass/back, I've seen it happen before on this track and its not pretty (turn 1 is 170 mph+ braking zone slowing down to about 20-30mph).

OP, a question. Have you ever met a squid that was fast?
Nope. Although I've definitely met new'ish riders who did have slightly more talent on the track than other riders. I thought I was fast until I started doing track days, getting passed by girls in the beginners group changed my perspective drastically.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are we really moving video posts to a different forum section? Guess this will be my last post here. Not sure what happened to this forum, a few years ago it was pretty hot, now its freaking DEAD.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
I knew the guy who crashed, he was there with some buddies of mine. I passed him earlier and I think he was trying to catch up, and I got stuck behind that slow R1. The R1 was braking very earlier and going slow into each corner, so he was probably braking very late to catch up and did not expect me and the R1 rider to be going so slow into the braking zone. I'm not sure if it is apparent from the video but he did make contact with me and the R1 rider in front (just a slightly grazed us). Glad he didn't hit me square in the ass/back, I've seen it happen before on this track and its not pretty (turn 1 is 170 mph+ braking zone slowing down to about 20-30mph)..
If he wasn't having issues with his brakes, and he is racing at your level, I would've expected him to be less reckless, specially during a race practice.

Glad you and the slow guy were ok and didnt go down!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts