Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Sending a letter to the boss won't do shit...he doesn't care. His nuts are being squeezed by the board of directors to make money. Money spent on ancient equipment is money not well spent. As long as the work can get done, that's what they will use. When it can't be done any longer, the work will go to China where they won't have to deal with OSHA, Federal Labor Standards, healthcare, EPA, etc.

Obama and the Democrats love people to be dependent on the government. It's easier to get votes when all you need to do for your campaign it to threaten reduced free stuff. The problem with that thinking is, like Margaret Thatcher used to say, eventually you run out of other people's money.

I feel for you. For now, unemployment can be a stopgap. Keep your head up, there is something out there. You just haven't found it yet.

edit: Your previous seniority terminated the day you were laid off. All this talk of seniority makes me think it's a union shop. Seniority means nothing in the real world, results do. As a previous business owner, you know this. Seniority is a bullshit way of protecting useless fuckers who have given up on pushing themselves.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OldSchlPunk....

I'm glad you're the only one who saw that post.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in response to your edit, it's not a union shop although even though they are already favored many who work there feel like it would be even better for them if we were union.

An YES seniority means everything there, No write-ups, preferred shifts no matter your production level, preference when applying for positions no matter experience or production level, like I said in my original post it's like walking into an episode of the twilight zone every time I set foot in the door.

Senior people are un fucking touchable and non senior people are cotton pickers.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and their policy is seniority can be given back to you so long as you were not gone longer than when you were employed, problem is apparently your skin has to be a different color than mine.

I'm fighting a specific battle there now where a guy who was there when I was there before and was gone as long as I was gone got all his time back and is now currently enjoying 1st shift while I and my family endure 2nd shift.

He's black, I'm white. NO OTHER DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

We were both there for 5 or 6 years before....hired and laid off the exact same day. we were both gone for roughly 10 years, he came back a month before I did and when shift realignment came up he got his time/seniority back and got 1st shift, they would not give my time back and I had to take 2nd shift.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I lost my job a few years ago and it killed me to be unemployed for two years. I sold my brand new Tacoma, my motorcycle and cut my budget. It was a literal war inside my head but in order to overcome I hid it. No one wants to hire someone who doesn't have both confidence or humility.

Looking for good work always has been a full time job. I wish you the energy to persevere. I see you're from VA...check out usajobs.gov. More and more Federal positions are only being posted there.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
FWIW, I know all about being pissed off at the world constantly. It isn't fun and will take a toll on the home life. Tread lightly and talk with your wife as often as you can.

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Clinton benefited from the tail end of Reagan's policies and knew to leave well enough alone. Bush couldn't follow, some of his economic policies were more like a Democrat than a Republican.

Look at where they are staying under Obama. He's doing nothing to reduce it. His administration is advertising how easy it is to get welfare or SSDI instead of working.

I'll quit there to keep this thread from being moved to P&R.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Clinton benefited from the tail end of Reagan's policies and knew to leave well enough alone. Bush couldn't follow, some of his economic policies were more like a Democrat than a Republican.

Look at where they are staying under Obama. He's doing nothing to reduce it. His administration is advertising how easy it is to get welfare or SSDI instead of working.

You need to turn off the tv and read books.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
You need to turn off the tv and read books.
I turned off the TV because I realized that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC will never tell me the truth. I can think things through and their stories very often don't add up.

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Good response. In that case, let me try again.

Economic cycles happen. Even if you're going to credit Reagan, credit big spending b***** government as that's what he did (yes, the opposite of what he preached). Most republicans are worse than democrats in that regard.

Obama, as neocon as he is, is doing more to reduce government spending, and in more ways, than all the last dozen republican presidents we've had, with the possible exception of Bush Sr (a moderate lame duck but a genuine moderate).

But to bring it all back on topic, yeah, politicians lie and do the opposite of what htey preach (especially obama and national figures). What matters isn't how we vote but rather how we live with ourselves, friends and family. I know Jet has a lot of conviction, from his R/P posts. If he channels those energies, he'll overcome and hopefully share his experience with others some day.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Yup, Obama-Care is definitely small government. Gotcha!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote: " Seniority is a bullshit way of protecting useless fuckers who have given up on pushing themselves."

NO...That's the Unions function!

Please keep in mind that I have Not seen the original post thus I can only comment on the comments and not on the topic itself.
With that being said...
"Seniority" is a form of acknowledging those who, in many cases, have dedicated a LARGE portion of their lives to making a company what it is today.
In some instances it is also there for those who had sucked the life from that very same company for years.
Unions do the very same thing!
I have been in the same industry for 25 years and have seen unions come and go.
They protect the criminally insane as well as the tow the line employees.
In the end though...you're just a payroll number in the eyes of the company.
The b***** the company, the less your good deeds will ever go noticed or appreciated and you are only as good as your last review or as good as your immediate supervisor says you are!
I realized this long ago and chose to stay a grunt rather then join the ranks of management, many of whom I despised!
Fortunately...I never had to make a decision based on $$$ as the driving force for taking a position.
When you are at the bottom the $hit can only come from above!
Get caught in the middle, as many are and you never know who will $hit on you next!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts