Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying the following books in the near future: Proficient Motorcycling, More Proficient Motorcycling, Total Control, and Sport Riding Techniques.

My questions are: Do you guys recommend against any of these and if so, what would you say in place of them? Which one(s) should I read first?

Thanks for any input,
Zack

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
I have read Sport Riding Techniques and I would say It did help some for my first track day where i could do some technequs and not worry to much about traffic or gravel

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I would also consider reading the book or getting the DVD: Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code. The DVD is a little dated but the material is still relevant.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
mikem317 said:
I would also consider reading the book or getting the DVD: Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code. The DVD is a little dated but the material is still relevant.
my buddy has the dvd it's halarious. drink a cuple of beers and watch it. some good info but I hate it.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
both twist of the wrist books

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
TOTW.... good book, better video...

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Books are great, but like everything else in the real world, can't beat hands on. Especially track course instruction if you can swing it. Most are taught by ex-racers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts