Sport Bikes banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Are we talking a day trip or what? It is a 7-8 hour drive for me.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I will have to ride with someone or borrow truck. Diana's daughter has mine going to UT. I can borrow my mom's Z-71 :D

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
Are we talking a day trip or what? It is a 7-8 hour drive for me.

I can stay 2 days if we go like this last time. I have very little vacation time left and have to save it for later this year so I have to go my days off.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I get 3 days off in a row, so give me some dates, and see what I can work out. I could drive one day, ride the second and go home the third.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
I can stay 2 days if we go like this last time. I have very little vacation time left and have to save it for later this year so I have to go my days off.

You thinking drive one day, ride and drive back the second day?

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
July 12th and 13th? I can drive down on the 11th. Will check with Jai also, maybe they will have his bike done by then. I will be on the same shift but different days off so I can leave as soon as I get off of work at 1400 on the 11th and drive back the afternoon of the 13th

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I have to work and have court both days. What all did we run? My parents wanted to see the route. I know we ran the foothills parkway, the dragon and the skyway. Did we run both the NC and TN side of the skyway? Or did we run the loop that is listed on the dragon site?

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
Ok I will check my schedule. What all did we run? My parents wanted to see the route. I know we ran the foothills parkway, the dragon and the skyway. Did we run both the NC and TN side of the skyway? Or did we run the loop that is listed on the dragon site?

We just ran the NC side of the Skyway, all the way to Tellico City and back.

Foothills Pkwy to the Dragon and then to Skyway and back.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yep! I guess we did make it back to TN. :lao I think it was around 260 miles round trip.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
so it is that loop? I am confused. We ran the skyway to Tellico Plains and then back down the sky way to the dragon. So we did the skyway twice right?

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I think it is bro

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
kneedraggin650s said:
so it is that loop? I am confused. We ran the skyway to Tellico Plains and then back down the sky way to the dragon. So we did the skyway twice right?
We rode the Foothills Parkway to the Dragon...the Foothills Parkway is not shown on that map. We rode through the dragon and on down 129 to 143, which becomes the Cherohala Skyway. We rode all 42 miles of the Cherohala Skyway from Robbinsville to Tellico Plains...18 miles in North Carolina and 24 miles in Tennessee. We got a drink in Tellico Plains, then turned around and did the entire trip in the opposite direction...we went back the same way we came. We didn't do the loop, but we actually rode a lot longer than the loop.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Just got in from work, and it looks like I missed some of the party. Oh, Will, I got shot at twice tonight.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
This kinda' sucks because I had to piece together a bunch of maps from Mapquest...but this is the whole route in red. We did the entire route in both directions.

Attachments

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
JaiBird said:
Just got in from work, and it looks like I missed some of the party. Oh, Will, I got shot at twice tonight.
Welcome, glad you're alive...you have to stop being shot at!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Yeah, and I won't forget mile marker #6 on the Dragon anytime soon.:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
good pics.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
freeky929 said:
Should I mark the approximate location on the map? :eek:nfloor
The maps up to you. Just a laugh. Man, talk about a rough week. I got shot at by those damn cannon fireworks. I was in the projects, go figure, and the damn things landed just feet away. Caused vehicle's car alarms to activate which were parked a block away.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts