Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filmed with a Midland XTC of course ;)

First track day - This was 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday's canyon run on my local mountain. (my camera was on my buddies Duc)

Ran back up there today as well to check something with my forks.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTF is with the blowing over the yellow lines? 4:46 LOL

Atleast he did it on purpose, no harm no foul.
Oh yeah... that section is tight so I usually go as straight as I can... You can see plenty ahead so it's not like it's blind.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Holy shit, is group C ever slow! It would still be fun, but the guys in front of you seem allergic to speed! Haha. You can tell that some of them need some instruction on the basics of cornering.......like don't counter lean! Lol

Nice save by the way at the end of the video......that's why you don't run a BT-023 at the track, lol. j/k

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy shit, is group C ever slow! It would still be fun, but the guys in front of you seem allergic to speed! Haha
Yeah, I figured C group as a first timer would be good... and I liked the classroom portion. But the traffic sucked! I would still probably do C group at a new track to learn the lines though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy shit, is group C ever slow! It would still be fun, but the guys in front of you seem allergic to speed! Haha. You can tell that some of them need some instruction on the basics of cornering.......like don't counter lean! Lol
Yeah that guy on the red Duc probably needed another season of seat time before doing a track day.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Are there any control riders out there (I didn't watch the whole video)? Out this way, it's hard to go an entire session and not see a control rider. Usually, it's a CR, a few riders, a CR, a few riders, etc. from the start.

Your brake fluid looks like it has moisture in it. I'd definitely change if it's not an illusion on camera.

You looked like you were having issues passing. When I first started riding on the track, I told a guy that I can catch people, but I can't pass them easily. He told me to look past them and you'll be by them in no time.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there any control riders out there (I didn't watch the whole video)? Out this way, it's hard to go an entire session and not see a control rider. Usually, it's a CR, a few riders, a CR, a few riders, etc. from the start.

Your brake fluid looks like it has moisture in it. I'd definitely change if it's not an illusion on camera.

You looked like you were having issues passing. When I first started riding on the track, I told a guy that I can catch people, but I can't pass them easily. He told me to look past them and you'll be by them in no time.
Are you talking about like pace setter? No not really, usually whichever faster guy feels like leading. But people are really good about riding their own ride here.

As far as passing on the track they told us to give slower riders a 12ft bubble so I was trying to be careful.

But I noticed when I started riding with B riders they didn't give a shit... lol.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Are you talking about like pace setter? No not really, usually whichever faster guy feels like leading. But people are really good about riding their own ride here.
A lot of orgs have CR's or coaches. These guys/girls usually ride on line and give riders a chance on track to see exactly where they should be. Most of them are racers or long-time TD riders (like that Oreo guy that posts in the TD forum from time to time).

Most clubs have enough of them, that you can ask them to work with you, then they'll have you lead them, then they'll pass you back to show something they think you can work on. I've only ever done one track day without control riders, it was a wide open, no rules, supermoto track day. That was dicey. But the speeds were slow. I'm assuming you had a good time, so being different than what I've been around clearly isn't bad, it's just really different.

As far as passing on the track they told us to give slower riders a 12ft bubble so I was trying to be careful.
12's definitely a lot of room. It's good to leave room. A lot of clubs let you pass on the inside after apexes. You had a lot of perfect set ups for staying wide and then jetting up the inside of them after the apex. That's my favorite way to pass someone. It's pretty safe.

But I noticed when I started riding with B riders they didn't give a shit... lol.
Just stay relaxed and it'll be awesome!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts