Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda looking out for my first bike, but I do have some practical questions.

- Is it recommended to begin with a 900cc (e.g. Fireblade) for a first bike?
Some say yes, some say no, what are your opinions about it?

- What are the major differences between the CBR600RR and a Fireblade?
Much difference in handling or is it sheer topspeed and acceleration?

I'm mostly interested in these 2 types, anything I should pay attention to when buying a used one? Weak points, etc...

Any suggestions and tips are more than welcome! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
no it's not recommended

I dunno about getting a 250/600 for your first bike, everyone is different, some can handle it, some cant, that decision is yours, but if you want my opinion, get at least something smaller than a 900/1000cc. You said youre only interested in those two types, so go with the 600RR! :)

the differences between the 600RR and the Fireblade is the price tag, and power. Fireblades are 900/1000cc versions of Honda's production race-sportbikes, so they accelerate faster, have a higher top speed, and cost a lot more. "GENERALLY" not recommended for first time riders, but like I said, the choice is yours, I say go w/ the 600 :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't go for the Fireblade as a first bike. Bad idea. A little lack of throttle control will result in a nasty high-side. Start small and learn to ride the tits off your smaller bike. This is how the best riders are made. Sure, some people start with liter bikes but they usually ride like pussies because they are too afraid of thier bike.

·
Registered
522 Posts
DO NOT start to learn to ride on a Fireblade, let alone a CBR600RR. Either bike will do 1/4 mile times in the 10s or 11s with ease. The throttle response is light and can get you into trouble very quickly. You're not going to learn as quickly on these bikes that is for sure. So, my reconmmendation is to start on a smaller bike or some type of sport standard.

That being said the Fireblade (CBR929/954/900,1000RR) are very fast bikes and they are very reliable, like any other Honda. Same goes for the CBR600RR.

It's too easy for a simple mistake to bite you in the ass when you're learning on a full on sportbike.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
The 600RR will run low 10's in the 1/4 with the front wheel in the air at every gear change while it shakes it's head at you.

DON'T BUY ONE AS A FIRST BIKE.

Go into the new rider forums and do some reading.You'll learn a lot.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Don't they have displacement limitations according to riding experience all over Europe, or is it only with regard to age?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts